2010 June N-400 tracker

After your check gets cashed, you will received you receipt letter in about a week. If you mailed the form for electronic notification (form G11 something) you will get an email and/or txt within days, and that will contain your receipt number.

In the middle of the night i got a sms and email as a part of G1145 notification. However, I dont see the check as cashed when i checked with my online bank. Is it safe to assume the check would have been cashed and its just taking time to show on the bank website?

In the middle of the night i got a sms and email as a part of G1145 notification. However, I dont see the check as cashed when i checked with my online bank. Is it safe to assume the check would have been cashed and its just taking time to show on the bank website?
Wait couple more days, they will cash it:)

Ok, I have a question to people who already got their fingerprinting notice,
Did you get an email or text when your case moved one step forward, that is, couple days before receiving fingerprinting notice?

Update:

2010 June N-400 tracker
This is for my wife-

District office- Norfolk, VA

Fedexed to Lewisville- 6/11/10
Received- 6/14/10
Check cashed- 6/18/10
NOA rec'd- 6/21/10
NOA date- 6/17/10
NOA rec'd- 6/28/10
NOA date- 6/22/10 Fingerprinting notice
FP Date- 7/14/10

The fella at the ASC in Norfolk said that she will be scheduled for an interview in two months.

Not to worry-it may take a day or two to show up on your statement. After all, you don't think they will process your application for free? ;) Anyway, I see your DO is Norfolk too, as is my wife's. Look for your FP date to be around mid-August.

-----------------------------------------------------------
2010 June N-400 tracker
This is for my wife-

District office- Norfolk, VA

Fedexed to Lewisville- 6/11/10
Received- 6/14/10
Check cashed- 6/18/10
NOA rec'd- 6/21/10
NOA date- 6/17/10
NOA rec'd- 6/28/10
NOA date- 6/22/10 Fingerprinting notice
FP Date- 7/14/10

Hi Superho,

Today i checked case status online and found LUD as 7/15. Then I receieved an e-mail notification stating that an RFE has been sent requesting additional evidence. Did you recieve the same type of RFE before recieveing the fp notice.?

Hi Superho,

Today i checked case status online and found LUD as 7/15. Then I receieved an e-mail notification stating that an RFE has been sent requesting additional evidence. Did you recieve the same type of RFE before recieveing the fp notice.?

I got the SMS and email around 5 AM today. I guess it is also FP notice. I will know in a day or two when I receive it in mail.

Thanks, Superho. My check's cashed now. I will keep that in mind - mid aug for FP.
As far as getting my application processed for free, I was not quite eliminating the possibility :).. just kidding..The only way i know applications are being processed at USCIS is when the check is cashed. Learnt it the hard way from my experience back in 2001 when I was converting from F1 to OPT- my check didn't get cashed for two months and my entire application packet got returned (for no reason ofcourse!!!) from an INS center in CA. I had to just re send the same appln back to them and got it approved! Those were the days when one had to check the status of everything over the phone and it was quite painful!!!

Btw, hope ur wife's FP went off ok..

Last edited by a moderator:
The RFE notices that you get by email or status update are for fingerprinting (that's assuming that you sent in all the required documents). Don't know why they call it an RFE and cause everyone heartburn. When I applied for c'ship, they did not call it an RFE. Then again, they did not have all these ways of updating the applicant either...

Thnaks Superho. You are correct. RFE was none other than FP notices. Recieved today. scheduled for Aug 9th at Port Chester. Does anybody know if Port Chester allows walk-in fp?

The aministrative officer was a gentleman. I told him that i am planning to go out of the country during that time and as a proof i told him that my son is already out of the country and his case is being re-scheduledp and that we are palnning to join him there. He was very considerate and agreed. Luckily being a friday afternoon, there were just one or two other applicants and the whole ASC center was empty.

Hi Seadull,

Here are the details

Spreadsheet updated aswell

Hartford, 5 year based
06/28/2010: N-400 sent to Lewisville, TX
06/29/2010: N-400 confirmation received
06/29/2010: Cashier's check
07/16/2010: FP noticed received , Port chester, NY
08/09/2010: FP Actually Scehduled
07/16/2010: FP Completed (went ahead of time due to travel)
xx/xx/2010: Case sent to local office
xx/xx/2010: Interview
xx/xx/2010: Oath
xx/xx/2010: USC
xx/xx/2010: Passport Application
xx/xx/2010: Passport Recieved

Thank you sans. :) I really wanted details about your FP experience, not the timeline. Sorry to confuse you. So the fact that you had a proof made it easy to do early FP.

FP notice received in mail today.

May I ask what was your PD and what was the date on your NOA?

06/30 N400 app mailed Phoenix, AZ
07/01 N400 reached at Phoenix
07/12 Personal Check cashed
07/14 Notice of Action I-797c Received