2010 June N-400 tracker

If people don't mind, can you include your district office also? Helps in figuring what goes on at each office...

2010 June N-400 tracker
This is for my wife-

District office- Norfolk, VA

Fedexed to Lewisville- 6/11/10
Received- 6/14/10
Check cashed- 6/18/10
NOA rec'd- 6/21/10
NOA date- 6/17/10
NOA rec'd- 6/28/10
NOA date- 6/22/10 Fingerprinting notice
FP Date- 7/14/10

District Office - Hartford, CT

Fedexed to Lewisville- 6/28/10
Received- 6/29/10
Cashier's check
NOA rec'd -
NOA rec'd -

NOA date

Hi Superho,

when you get the FP letter, does the status changes on the website ? I called the 1-800 number this morning to check the status on the case ( I was wondering if they can tell me something new which I don't see on their website). I heard the automated status, which was nothing new. But I was not able to speak with any Cust. Rep. As I told before I can see the last updated date on my case as of 6/22, but have not got the FP letters yet. I Distt. Office will be Philadelphia.

Hi Superho,

when you get the FP letter, does the status changes on the website ? I called the 1-800 number this morning to check the status on the case ( I was wondering if they can tell me something new which I don't see on their website). I heard the automated status, which was nothing new. But I was not able to speak with any Cust. Rep. As I told before I can see the last updated date on my case as of 6/22, but have not got the FP letters yet. I Distt. Office will be Philadelphia.

Fingerprinting does not show on the website and probably not on the phone system either. In my wfe's case, it showed up as an RFE online as well as on the email update. Have you signed up for email updates? Just from looking at people's dates, it seems as if the FP letters are going out within 2-3 weeks of application receipt. My wife's FP date is exactly a month from her priority date.

Yes, I have signed up for the emails. but nothing after the NOA. I am seeing that people are getting the FP notice within 2 to 3 weeks of filing, that is why I am a little scared. I may call them next week, if I don't get the notice bythis week. Do you know which number to call them.

I see your DO is Philadelphia. Is that known to be a busy office? They will send the FP notice only if they have openings. It took them 10 days to generate a NOA for the receipt, so I'd give them a couple of weeks more, especially if you have not received one of the infamous RFE emails... If your status online shows that you are in the RFE stage, you can expect your FP notice to show up within 3-4 days.

so what I assume is that the FP notice will come depending upon how busy the DO is ? I don't see any updates on my case no RFE or anything. Just the last update was on 6/22, even though I got my NOA on 6/19.

San1,

go on www.uscis.gov and on your left hand side you will see After I file Tab. The second section in that is signup for case updates . Click on that . A new window will open and you can register there.

I sent out my N400 package today. I live in Phoenix and mailed out form to Phoenix USCIS office.

5 yr LPR
-------------------------------
06/30 - N400 mailed

Last edited by a moderator:
6/25 Mailed N-400 application to Phoenix. App is for 5 years as permanent resident
6/28 Delivery confirmation shows that package was received
??/??
??/??

...waiting for check to be cashed...and NOA.

Hi Rohir,

I signed up for e-mail updates but could not add my case to the portfolio b/c i have not recieved the NOA (application reciept number ). So basically we are going to start getting e-mail alerts only after recieving NOA. But I have seen some posts where folks have recieved e-mail alerts on check cashing and mailing of NOA. How is it possible ? Am i missing something here.

Spreadsheet updated aswell

Santa Ana, 5 year based
06/01/2010: N-400 sent to Phoenix, AZ
06/03/2010: N-400 confirmation received
06/11/2010: Check cashed
06/23/2010: FP noticed received for Santa Ana DO
06/25/2010: FP Completed (went ahead of time due to travel)
07/06/2010: FP Actually Scheduled
xx/xx/2010: Case sent to local office
xx/xx/2010: Interview
xx/xx/2010: Oath
xx/xx/2010: USC
xx/xx/2010: Passport Application
xx/xx/2010: Passport Recieved

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a additional form, which you put as the first page with your email and phone number. The lock box uses that information to send you alert as soon as they accepted that. Usually the same day the NOA letter is posted as well.

Thank you,

Ok, I sent my N-400 application last Wednesday, on the 23rd of June,
still no return receipt or text that they have received it,
do you guys know how long does it take for them to let me know that they have received it?

==============================
6/23 -- N-400 Sent

District Office : San Francisco

Lolitochka - Did you forget to save your details in the Googlespread sheet? First two columns in front of your name are empty. Have you included form G-1145 for e-notifications with your N-400 application?

My application has reached Phoenix on 06/29. I am expecting email/text today or by Tuesday. Because of 4th of July, folks at USCIS might be busy.

There was a additional form, which you put as the first page with your email and phone number. The lock box uses that information to send you alert as soon as they accepted that. Usually the same day the NOA letter is posted as well.

yes, adding G-1145 as part of your N-400 application will give you an early email/SMS notification that your application has been received and is being entered to the system.