06/05/2010: N-400 sent to Phoenix, AZ
06/07/2010: N-400 received
06/16/2010: Check cashed
06/21/2010: NOA received
06/30/2010: RFE email received
07/03/2010: FP notice received
07/23/2010: FP appointment

Hi Guys,

My son is travelling to India for six weeks. As per the timeline he will be recieving the FP date when he is abroad. Is it possible to seek extension for FP ? If yes, what is the process ?

Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

how old is your son. Mine is 11 and i have not filed his n-400. There was no need to do it. So depending upon the age of your son, first you may or may not have to file his n-400 and second he may or may not get the FP notice.

that make sense then. I am not sure what impact will be on rescheduling the FP, but I think you can certainly do that. Other members please comment on this.

"congrats,
did you do know that you can do early, walk-in biometrics?"

Can you simply walk to Application Support center and request early FP? I received FP notice today and my FP date is July 29.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Seadull,

You have sent a personal check. Is it not encashed so far. you can check your bank account. I am still waitng for NOA.

Nope, it's not cashed yet. I have observed that it takes Phoenix anywhere from 8 to 14 days to encash it.

Update: Personal check cashed.

6/25 Mailed N-400 application to Phoenix. App is for 5 years as permanent resident
6/28 Delivery confirmation shows that package was received
07/08 Personal check cashed
??/??

On the spreadsheet, what do NOA PD, and RFE Lud stand for?
thank you

NOA PD = Notice of Action
PD = Priority Date (Date on which your NOA is generated, AFAIK)
RFE = Request For Evidence
LUD = Last Updated Date (as seen on USCIS's website under your case status)

What the column RFE LUD in spreadsheet mean, I don't know. Probably it is for RFE (other than fingerprinting notice) on your application?

I never got a Notice of Action (I don't know what that is) or any email or anything -- even though my check was cashed yesterday. Should I be getting something, either via email or in the mail? Shouldn't I get a case number now that my check has been cashed?

I looked on the spreadsheet, and everyone who got their checks cashed got a NOA on the day their checks were cashed. What does it mean that I didn't get any notice?

MY INFO:
6/25 Mailed N-400 application to Phoenix. App is for 5 years as permanent resident
7/8 Personal Check cashed

I got no follow-up email or anything.

thank you, seadull,
now it makes sense to me:)
NOA PD = Notice of Action
PD = Priority Date (Date on which your NOA is generated, AFAIK)
RFE = Request For Evidence
LUD = Last Updated Date (as seen on USCIS's website under your case status)

What the column RFE LUD in spreadsheet mean, I don't know. Probably it is for RFE (other than fingerprinting notice) on your application?

Lolcat,
did you send G-1145 along with your N-400 application?
i think, people who are getting texts and emails are the ones who sent G-1145...
otherwise, you will just have to wait for the NOA, which should be coming soon to you according to your timeline,

I never got a Notice of Action (I don't know what that is) or any email or anything -- even though my check was cashed yesterday. Should I be getting something, either via email or in the mail? Shouldn't I get a case number now that my check has been cashed?

I looked on the spreadsheet, and everyone who got their checks cashed got a NOA on the day their checks were cashed. What does it mean that I didn't get any notice?

MY INFO:
7/8 Personal Check cashed

I got no follow-up email or anything.

Hi all,
I am new to this Forum,
Processing center Newark
Application sent(regular mail) on June 15th '10
Receipt Date 19th June '10
Finger printing notice recieved on 5th July and scheduled for 29th July '10 for ASC Elizabeth,
However I wanted to do a walk in today the 10th of July, since I will be travelling on the 15th to India. Contrary to the posts seen on the web, we found that the ASC Newark doesnt operate on saturdays(It says so on the door). But we still waited outside for 1.5 hours and returned back. My ticket is booked for the 15th, So I am thinking of trying once again on Monday.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.