2005 Filed Cases General Discussions Thread

Xiuandku said:
Thank you for your suggestion. But after filling, my lawyer warned me not to contact USCIS directly so I am kinda scared. I want to call though, very badly.

I filed concurently under EB1-OR. Do you guys think they are wait for result of my I-140 b4 give me EAD/AP ?

No I dont think so. My RD is 8/22 VSC EB1 OR. I got EAD approved on 9/15
Waiting for my I140 but no signs yet. VSC seems to be very slow especially in the OR category. Sorry about your situation.

saburi said:
Hello Guru's

My Net Name is Saburi and really had awaited for my labor certifiation for 4 years after 4 years i got my approval and now will be appling for my I140 case i hope i will be able to apply both I140 & I485 together as my approval was certified on 29th Sep 2005.

please tell me what has to be take in consideration for this my Pd is Dec 6th 2001 from NY RIR case

Best Regards
To be able to file 485, your PD need to be current.
What category are you in, like EB2/EB3 and from what country you are?

H1 Extension while waiting for 140/485 and Fees

This is probably not the correct forum for this question ,but I will ask anyway

I Currently have filed my 140/485 (PD May 02 , RD Jul 05 ) .
I have also completed my FP and recieved EAD and AP . I am on a 8th year extension for H1b

I was told that I will have to file for new extension if 485 is not approved by june 06 ( like that is going to happen!!)

Will my employer be required to pay all that 1500$/750$ Fee plus $500 fraud prevention fee if they file for h1b extension .

Y

hi yatin,
if this is your first extension with your employer, then you have to pay
$1500/$750 + $185, no need to pay $500, if its more than one extension with the same employer than you have to pay only $185.

hope this will clear your doubt

Good News on Seante Judiciary Approval and Your Free Camera

Good news: 10/20/2005: Senate Judiciary Reportedly Approved Immigration Proposals
Source:www.immigration-law.com

Also, This info is posted in another forum but wanted to share this to you folks. First I thought it is spams but I got my free
stuff in mail today.. Also Please Note That SIGNING UP for KMART is the FASTEST way you can get credit BELOW and you can cancel it in 2 days without paying a penny. Dont' sign up for credit card offers as it is slow to get credit.

Listen to BBC News Clipping @
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/video/40101000/rm/_40101790_ipods_carver22_vi.ram

Please Read Yahoo Financial News
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050822/cgm012.html?.v=18

Now Click Here for Your Free Sony DSC T7 Camera
Please do sign up for KMART OFFER to get credit immediately.

PS: This is not a scam…and I'm not trying to send you spam. I just thought you might like to know how I got it. If you're not interested, I'm sorry for bothering you.

Guys: I need some advice on below. Have not been able to talk to my laywer but my HR rep did. Now she has no idea what he told her..went over her head. I think what she gathered is that USCIS is telling my lawyer to convert the case from EB2 to EB3. Not sure why

Here is my Q. Will they expect us to re-file or do they just convert from EB2 to EB3? We barely made the dates to file concurrently. If they ask us to re-file, me and my wife shall not be able to get benefits of EAD/AP and that would be such an unfortunate thing. I shall talk to the lawyer on Thursday where he is going to explain things to me.

Until then I am worried...will I have to re-file and loose 485 benefits? Or does USCIS simply convert EB2 to EB3?

To add salt to the wounds, just got an email from USCIS that my EAD has been approved and cards shall be mailed out soon, when ready. If my EB2 is not converted to EB3 and 485 needs to be refiled..it would be quite unfortunate..having received cards which are useless! :(

Does anyone have any info on above?

RFE on experience letter

Dear Gurus,

I just received an RFE for experience evaluation.I have copies of the offer letters and resignation letters from each of my prior employers.However, none of them describe the job responsibilites and the skill set required. After recieveing the RFE I was able to contact two of the employers for updated documents but two others are no longer in existence. Could anybody please advise what can be done under the circumstances.Please note that I do not have any contact information for colleagues either. I was with each of these companies for a year way back in 1997.
Could some one please advise... What would be the best way to approach this problem....Do RFE's of this sort lead to denials...I am very worried and tense.Pleasse help!!!!

RE: RFE on experience letter

If you know the last name of any of the colleagues, who worked with you, you can search in www.switchboard.com. IF you found them you can take the experience letter from those people. If letter heads are not available, you can take the experience letters on a plain paper and notorize them.

Let us hope, you can find some one.

SRK

Thank you

srkotturu said:
If you know the last name of any of the colleagues, who worked with you, you can search in www.switchboard.com. IF you found them you can take the experience letter from those people. If letter heads are not available, you can take the experience letters on a plain paper and notorize them.

Let us hope, you can find some one.

SRK

I have been busy the last two days, looking up whitepages,switchboards and all other possible directories...There is no info available.Did anyone have a similar problem and how did they overcome that...

screwedupgc said:
My I-140 has been approved and I am just wondering if I could port this priority date to another I-140 filing with a different company.

Can you please specify your priority date of labor and I140.

NSC -EB2

I-140/485/EAD/AP RD: 7/20/05

I-140 LUD: 7/26/05(self)

AP LUD: 09/30/05 (self,RFE photos received)
EAD LUD: 09/27/05 (self,RFE photos received)

Bio metric: code 3- 10/02/2005 (me & wife)

I-485 LUD: 10/4/05 (self)
I-485 LUD: 10/4/05 (wife)

AP LUD: 09/14/05 (wife, approved)
EAD LUD: 09/21/05 (wife, approved)

11/07/05 - calles USCIS and started enqurity on I140 and it
takes one month to get the feedback)

Any one knows why delay on my I140?

Thank a lot
Edit/Delete Message

My AP approved today

I applied for my AP on 10/17 and I got an approval mail today.

EB3 PD March/2001
I140 & 485 ND: 04/22, LUD: 05/16, AD: ?????
EAD appoved on 05/12
FP code3 completed on 05/13
Ap ND:10/17/05: AD: 11/16/05

Should I-140 be applied within 45 days of labor certification ????

and also please let me know ( point me to the link ) what are the documents needed for I-140..........

do i need to include dependents in I-140 stage ?

Thanks for your help..

Reciept date of 11/21/2005

I got the reciept notice from attorney today. Here are the details.

Labour: EB2-RIR, VA ,PD 03-22-2002, Regional: 10-09-2003: Approved 08-22-2005.

I-140: RD : 11-21-2005 ND: 11-22-2005: LUD 12-01-2005

I-140 Question

Hi All,

As you can see in my signature my I-140 was received by VSC on 12 th of May 2002.My labour was approved in EB-2 category.I was waiting for approval from past 8 months.Now I came to know that by mistake my lawyer has filed my case in EB-3. Vermont is processing EB-3 cases recived by March 22nd but actually my case is EB-2 and they are processing may 22nd cases ie they have passed my date.My lawyer told me that he has sent an application to change my case to EB-2 category.I don't really belive him.

What you guys suggest me to do ?Should I call to senator's office ?Does anybody know e-mail address or phone no.?I am in ohio so should I call to ohio's senator's office or NJ's.Please advice.

be patient

I wonder what a senator can do to help you ...140 is filed by employer. You dont have any authority to question because the beneficiary is the employer. In any case, there is very little a senator can do to escalate your case. Your attorney has to withdraw your EB3 140 and file a eb2 140..Or maybe send a mail to vermont uscis and let them know to process your case in eb2.

What's going on with my 140?

Gurus, please let me know whats going on with my 140. My company is a small consulting company having <10 employees, but they got one 140 approval on EB3 in 6 weeks. My EB2 140 is pending for the last 7 months. There is no RFE yet, more details in my signature. Gurus please let me know whats going on with my case and when it will be picked up for processing. I was qualified for EB2 based on Bachelor degree and 5 year experience and filed through one of the most reputed law firm.

EB2 - VSC I-140 Approved in 6 Months

gc_xp said:
Gurus, please let me know whats going on with my 140. My company is a small consulting company having <10 employees, but they got one 140 approval on EB3 in 6 weeks. My EB2 140 is pending for the last 7 months. There is no RFE yet, more details in my signature. Gurus please let me know whats going on with my case and when it will be picked up for processing. I was qualified for EB2 based on Bachelor degree and 5 year experience and filed through one of the most reputed law firm.
================================

Sub Labor - EB2 - VSC
Labor PD: 02/02/2004
140 RD: 06/29/2005
140 AD: 12/28/2005

I-140 Rfe

Guys,

Just received email from USCIS on my I-140. They are requesting addional evidence. Waiting to get the letter next week. Lawyer will let me know what the RFE is.

Will keep you guys posted.