2005 Filed Cases General Discussions Thread

Withdraw I-140

can the employer withdraw the I-140 after it is approved . if so within how many days ?

I am not so sure about approved 140 withdrawl. I had checked up with some lawyers and apparently approved 140 can't be withdrawn after 6 months of approval. However you may want to check that.
LaborBadhi said:
Yes. He can use substitute same like LC.

mithya said:
I am not so sure about approved 140 withdrawl. I had checked up with some lawyers and apparently approved 140 can't be withdrawn after 6 months of approval. However you may want to check that.

You are right. But it can be use substitute.

I don't think employer can substitute 140. It is specific for an employee. Can be withdrawn but not substituted. Again from my limited knowledge.

LaborBadhi said:
You are right. But it can be use substitute.

A friend of mine who applied in NIW category with Aug 28th 2005 RD got his I140 approved. Why is VSC slow with EB1 category?
I140/I485 EB1 OR RD 8/22 AD ????

Vermont center phone #

Hi All,
I would really appreciate if someone let me know the phone # of Vermont Center, so that I can talk to a real person not to the automated attendent.

Thanks
smi

smi said:
Hi All,
I would really appreciate if someone let me know the phone # of Vermont Center, so that I can talk to a real person not to the automated attendent.

Thanks
smi
You need to call the nationl 800#. Then go to the option where you can enter the case # and get the status. Once the status is read, there will be different options. If your case fits one of the options, like, One of the option is 'if you filed several related cases and the cases got seperated', press that number and you will be trransfered to VSC.

Hello Guru's

Hello Guru's

My Net Name is Saburi and really had awaited for my labor certifiation for 4 years after 4 years i got my approval and now will be appling for my I140 case i hope i will be able to apply both I140 & I485 together as my approval was certified on 29th Sep 2005.

please tell me what has to be take in consideration for this my Pd is Dec 6th 2001 from NY RIR case

Best Regards

I filed concurently ND:Aug 8. Haven't heard anything for both EAD and AP.

Any EAD/AP filed in August still pending ?? The processing time at VSC still stops at June 25.

I think you should have recd your EAD/AP approval by now. Most of the people like me and others who applied in August, july etc have recd their EAD/ AP approvals. Also, some people from Sept 2005 has recd their approvals.

I suggest calling them, although they will blow you off, as the date processing is June 25, 2005. I wish you all the best! I just hope you get your approval soon!

Xiuandku said:
I filed concurently ND:Aug 8. Haven't heard anything for both EAD and AP.

Any EAD/AP filed in August still pending ?? The processing time at VSC still stops at June 25.

meganm said:
I have filed my AP on Aug .. no approval yet
I applied EAD on 09-14-2005, approved on 10-10-2005, Recd on 10-15-2005.
USCIS told me AP takes longer than EAD, specially in year's 4th qtr.

Thank you for your suggestion. But after filling, my lawyer warned me not to contact USCIS directly so I am kinda scared. I want to call though, very badly.

I filed concurently under EB1-OR. Do you guys think they are wait for result of my I-140 b4 give me EAD/AP ?