2005 Filed Cases General Discussions Thread

No PD on I-485 Receipt

I sent my I-485 on Aug.25. VSC ND is Sept.2. FP appt. -- Sept. 15. No further news.

Here is my question on my I-485 receipt. There is no PD specified. Is that normal? Otherwise, how will VSC know that when my visa is available. My PD is July 2001.

Thanks.

Fox12

Ap Approved

Hi Guys:

Both my and My wife's AP was approved today.

Now starts the wait for I 140 and the never ending wait for I 485.....

Regards

Anyone with recent EAD approvals got EAD valid for less than 1 year ?

Thanks

shankrish said:
Got my EAD card y'day but was surprised to see that the validity was only for 4 months. This is my first EAD and was approved on 9/15/2005. The card says the EAD is valid till 01/14/2006 and the letter that came along with says that EAD extensions have to be applied for 90 days in advance !??

Has anyone else received EAD for less than 1 year ? Mine is a EB2 case with a PD of 2002. Applied for EAD & AP in Aug 2005 and was approved on 15-Sep.

Your inputs greatly appreciated.

Thanks

eb1_VSC said:
Hi,
I remember reading somwhere in forum that LUD change together(140&485) is a bad sign. It happened to my cases. LUD changed on 19th for all applications we submitted: I-140, I-485 (self), I-485 (spouse), EAD (spouse, approved in August) with no message change.No LUD yesterday or today. Does that mean my petition is in the process of denial?

I got LUD changes for 140, 485 and EAD yesteday (09/21) with no msg change, and another LUD for EAD today (09/22) saying that an EAD approval notice was mailed. so I think u don't have to worry about those LUDs, it may just mean that someone is touching the case ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Laborbadhi , how much time you think it will take for AP to get approved, afetr EAD approval.
I got my EAD approved on 19th, waiting for AP approval.
I have travel plans in december. I need it by then.

If at all I do not get AP approved by then, then is there a provision of goingt o local office and get AP just becasue 90 days are passed after filing.
Please let me know.

Hi Babyluck:

MY EAD was also approved on 9/19. and My AP was approved on 9/21. So, you should receive your Ap approval anytime now.

All the best

babyluck said:
Laborbadhi , how much time you think it will take for AP to get approved, afetr EAD approval.
I got my EAD approved on 19th, waiting for AP approval.
I have travel plans in december. I need it by then.

If at all I do not get AP approved by then, then is there a provision of goingt o local office and get AP just becasue 90 days are passed after filing.
Please let me know.

Hi LaborBadhi!!

Any LUDs on your 140? some peoplehave had their 140 approved in the last couple of days it looks like.

Regards

LaborBadhi said:
Yes. njrirlabor is correct. You have lot of time. Just hang in there.

thankyou Laborbadhi adn njrirlabor.
I hope what you say happens according to that. Just to share my concern with you, and you may some answer to this.

wanted to take your opinion too in this.

I had posted this question last week and GINNU gave affirmative answer.
But my lawyer said exactly opposite, below is my case

My question was, if my wife (on h4) uses her EAD , and travels to Indian in Dec without AP (bcoz we may not get AP approved by then) . In that case can she get new h4 visa stamped in Mumbai (we have approval notice). If yes then will that change her status back to h4, if yes can she come back to EAD status once she is back to USA and starts workimg again.

My lawyer today said, she will not get H4 visa stamped once she tells that she is working on EAD. -- Is there a way that they would that my wife is working on EAD ?

But is this not the exact step that one takes to get back onto H4 status when have used EAD and incase any proble comes with 485 then, get out of country and reeneter using valid H4 stamp (as primary applicant has maintained H1 status). If yes, then this means that she will be back on h4 status correct ? so what will happen to her EAD. Do we have to file it again or can use the exisitng one and she will automatically back to EAD status ??

what I have also read Murthy.com is if 4 person uses EAD then, that person ahs to travel using AP only.

can you please clarify what do you think about this.

Thats why i hope my AP come thru, but just want to know what are my options it doesn't.

thanks,

No

njrirlabor said:
Hi LaborBadhi!!

Any LUDs on your 140? some peoplehave had their 140 approved in the last couple of days it looks like.

Regards

No njrirlabor. I wish one, but not yet.

Best of luck guys! who is waiting for 140 approvals :)

babyluck said:
thankyou Laborbadhi adn njrirlabor.
I hope what you say happens according to that. Just to share my concern with you, and you may some answer to this.

wanted to take your opinion too in this.

I had posted this question last week and GINNU gave affirmative answer.
But my lawyer said exactly opposite, below is my case

My question was, if my wife (on h4) uses her EAD , and travels to Indian in Dec without AP (bcoz we may not get AP approved by then) . In that case can she get new h4 visa stamped in Mumbai (we have approval notice). If yes then will that change her status back to h4, if yes can she come back to EAD status once she is back to USA and starts workimg again.

My lawyer today said, she will not get H4 visa stamped once she tells that she is working on EAD. -- Is there a way that they would that my wife is working on EAD ?

But is this not the exact step that one takes to get back onto H4 status when have used EAD and incase any proble comes with 485 then, get out of country and reeneter using valid H4 stamp (as primary applicant has maintained H1 status). If yes, then this means that she will be back on h4 status correct ? so what will happen to her EAD. Do we have to file it again or can use the exisitng one and she will automatically back to EAD status ??

what I have also read Murthy.com is if 4 person uses EAD then, that person ahs to travel using AP only.

can you please clarify what do you think about this.

Thats why i hope my AP come thru, but just want to know what are my options it doesn't.

thanks,

Hi babyluck,

Your attorney is correct. They can track very easily because your wife is contributing to SS. Don't take this risk.
Your wife will get AP soon don't worry too much on that. For most of us it didn't took more than 60days.

Your case is almost close to my case, Except our AP approved.
1)She has to use AP to re-enter US if she used EAD.
2)If 485 denied, she can get new H4 visa as long as you maintain your H1. But don't think -ve side.

Hope this helps.

Laborbadhi -- thankyou very much for firm answer.

I really my wifes AP comes thru before Mid Nov.

Hey, I have a question though as you pointed out in your reply, that if 485 gets denied then we can file for H4 and then get her back on status (H4) . What do you mean by filing H4, can we file her H4 extension or chnage of status from EAD to H4. Or she has to go to Inid and file new petition as one would for first time to get H4 ?
Just asking out of curiosity.

thanks,

babyluck said:
Laborbadhi -- thankyou very much for firm answer.

I really my wifes AP comes thru before Mid Nov.

Hey, I have a question though as you pointed out in your reply, that if 485 gets denied then we can file for H4 and then get her back on status (H4) . What do you mean by filing H4, can we file her H4 extension or chnage of status from EAD to H4. Or she has to go to Inid and file new petition as one would for first time to get H4 ?
Just asking out of curiosity.

thanks,

In case of denial of l-485 (I hope not), she can file a change of status while she is in US, she doesn't have to go back to home country. But of course if she want to go for a visit, that time she has to show up at the consulat for Stamping.

hope this helps.

P.S. I hope that you will not get to this stage. Everything will be fine by the will of GOD.

Guys, my EAD has been approved on 09/20 after that I got many LUDs.

the FIRST was on 09/20 with a message saying that the case is approved
the SECOND was on 09/21 with no message change.
the THIRD was on 09/22 with a message saying that a notice of approval was mailed.
the FOURTH was on 09/23 with no message change.

Is this normal?

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD approved

Got the approval emails for myself and my wife yesterday.I guess iam the last in the line to get it....but anyway.
There were few lud's on my 485 before i got my EAD approval and also there were separate lud's ON MY 765 too...dont know what that means.
but there was no lud on 140 though.
Like rasi said most of them have lud on there 485 on 9/21......dont kno what that lud means for everyone....just as a guess i think they are wraping our 485's to put them in the boxe....til our time comes ...crappy retogression.....

Check my signature.

What all is required for I 140 Approval

Hi Guys!

does any one know, as to what all goes into approving the I 140 application.
What all does USCIS ( VSC in our cases) needs to do to approve the application. I know they check for the ability for the company to pay the employee! What else goes on it..and what are reasons which can potentially delay the approval process.

Any thoughts, would be appreciated.

Thanks