2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Vsc

The 485 processing dates:
Vermont - June 26, 2005
Nebraska - Novement 01, 2005
Texas - January 16, 2006
California - January 16, 2006

Vermont is the slowest !!!!

I am not sure if the other service centers are stuck at the above dates. Even after dates become current, approvals are a distant dream.

Is there anything that can be done ?

Guys how soon I should renew EAD ?
current ead expires on 11/10/06. Can I do my self? thru attorney ?

do it now

mrr said:
Guys how soon I should renew EAD ?
current ead expires on 11/10/06. Can I do my self? thru attorney ?

Should be applied before 3 months.
You should apply immediately. There is no need to pay the lawyer for EAD and AP. Get a copy of your previous application from your lawyer. Do it yourself.

There was an excellent post on the things that you need to do for renewing your EAD. Can someone post it again ?

follow this

SVD said:
Should be applied before 3 months.
You should apply immediately. There is no need to pay the lawyer for EAD and AP. Get a copy of your previous application from your lawyer. Do it yourself.

There was an excellent post on the things that you need to do for renewing your EAD. Can someone post it again ?

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=137247

I had even followed this for my secondtime EAD renewal and it came through in < 50 days.

Q on EAD ????

If my EAD renewal is filed and if my current EAD is going to expire soon, can I continue to work / stay in US if my EAD expires and the renewal is still pending ?

Can the receipt notice of EAD renewal filing act as a proof ???

Please advice as I have only 2.5 months left on my current EAD.

HK,

Hurry up. File EAD today.
As far as I know, you will need a valid EAD to continue working. Receipt notice of EAD renewal may not be used as proof of work authorization.

Best of luck.

RunninSloth said:
HK,

Hurry up. File EAD today.
As far as I know, you will need a valid EAD to continue working. Receipt notice of EAD renewal may not be used as proof of work authorization.

Best of luck.

I concure. One need to have valid approved EAD to work. EAD will not work like a H1b.

You should take unpaid vacation, if your EAD not approved by that time.
So Hurry up. I think you will get it before your current ead expires if you act very fast.

HK_HR said:
If my EAD renewal is filed and if my current EAD is going to expire soon, can I continue to work / stay in US if my EAD expires and the renewal is still pending ?

Can the receipt notice of EAD renewal filing act as a proof ???

Please advice as I have only 2.5 months left on my current EAD.

Talk to your lawyer. There is a way to get an interim EAD or something under some circumstances where the USCIS is late in approving your ead.

Thanks guys.

I have already sent my papers to the lawyer. Lets hope he files ASAP.

My current EAD expires on 21-OCT-2006. Lets hope I get it in time.

Can I stay in USA legally if my EAD expires and the renewal is pending ???

-Ajit

HK_HR said:
Thanks guys.

I have already sent my papers to the lawyer. Lets hope he files ASAP.

My current EAD expires on 21-OCT-2006. Lets hope I get it in time.

Can I stay in USA legally if my EAD expires and the renewal is pending ???

-Ajit

As long as your 485 is Pending, your are legally allowed to stay inside country.
As long as your EAD is valid you are allowed to work in side the country.
AS long as your AP is valid and 485 is Pending/Approved you are allowed to enter into the country.

I am not a lawyer and take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk

njrirlabor said:
Hi guys!

I just looked at the VSC processing timelines which were published last night. it appears that the VSC has not reported the I 485 timelines in this publishing. this is really weird. Anyone has an idea as to what is going on here?

Here is the link
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Vermont

Thanks
Amit
Thats not wiered and was kinda expected due to bi-specialization. I guess now everyone who have an i485 filed at VSC can initiate inquiry (though these inquries are pretty useless usually) without waiting for 30 days past published processing dates.

What does bi specialization really mean? Does this mean some vsc cases will be transferred to another service center.

I just called national service center and they asked me to call after a couple of weeks to see if my case has been transferred to another service center. The ladt informed me that VSC is not publishing the I 485 processing dates right now.

Did any one receive transfer notice.

Please advise.

thanks

michvin said:
Thats not wiered and was kinda expected due to bi-specialization. I guess now everyone who have an i485 filed at VSC can initiate inquiry (though these inquries are pretty useless usually) without waiting for 30 days past published processing dates.

njrirlabor said:
What does bi specialization really mean? Does this mean some vsc cases will be transferred to another service center.

I just called national service center and they asked me to call after a couple of weeks to see if my case has been transferred to another service center. The ladt informed me that VSC is not publishing the I 485 processing dates right now.

Please advise.

thanks
My lawyer also called them. She was told that my case might be transferred to Nebrasca. Let's keep the community posted.

ok geez here we go again...1st the transfer mess at bec when i was stuck in the labor backlog! and now another transfer which i am sure they will end up messing up as usual!

anyone knows which are all the centers vsc will transfer to? and in which order or logic to help us figure out where our files may move? for instance, does it depend on the state or pd? is it only 485 or also ead?

thanks in advance and good wekend to all!!!

njrirlabor said:

Please advise.

thanks