2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Yes

njrirlabor said:
Hi cvig:

In my case, my wife's approval came after a week of my approval.

BTW: Laborbadhi:

Did you get your card in the mail as yet?

Thanks

Yes. I got it on last sat-day. The EAD valid dates are after my current EAD expiry dates.
:)

that's great! I thought they usually have the new dates based on the approval dates.

Thanks

LaborBadhi said:
Yes. I got it on last sat-day. The EAD valid dates are after my current EAD expiry dates.
:)

Hey
Thats NICE that You got the valid dates from the expiration of the old one.
did everyone get like that or its just 1 lucky person ???

Ajaks

ajakster said:
Hey

Ajaks
Hi Ajaks,

The new date for my renewed EAD is from the expiry of previous EAD date. But the AP date is from the date of approval.

DL

EB2/RIR - PD:02/04 (Original)
140 - RD:06/30/05 ND:07/15 LUD: 07/20, AP: 03/24/06
EAD1 - RD:06/30/05 ND:07/15 LUD: 07/20, 09/08, AD:09/09
EAD2 - RD:06/26/06 ND:06/27 LUD:06/28,06/29,07/03,07/06,07/08, AD: 07/17 (Both)
AP1 - RD:06/30/05 ND:07/15 LUD: 07/20, AD 09/14
AP2 - RD:06/26/06 ND:06/27 LUD:06/28,06/29,07/03,07/06,07/08 AD: 07/18 (Both)
485 (Self): LUD: 07/20, 08/11, 08/22, 08/24, 08/25, 08/26, 08/29
485 (Spouse): LUD: 07/20, 08/11, 08/16, 08/22
FP - ND:07/26/05 Done 08/10/05 Code 3

ajakster said:
Hey

Ajaks

I think there was a memo out sometime back that mentioned that if EAD was being renewed they were going to renew it for a year(I think I also did remember them say that it could be renewed for more than a year) from the date of expiry and not like how it is done currently(from the date when the new EAD had been approved). The rule had been changed to lessen the load when approving the EAD's where the applicants had to apply it 3 months before it expired. I will try to post the link.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

thanks GCVaruma,
I remember reading that recommendation too some time back....
GC Varuma Varatha nu theriayathu,atleast EAD Varuma??

Ajaks

ajakster said:
thanks GCVaruma,
I remember reading that recommendation too some time back....
GC Varuma Varatha nu theriayathu,atleast EAD Varuma??

Ajaks
Well said.. EAD kaikku varumvarai nambikai illai.. (Translation for others : Till you get the EAD in your hand you are still not sure)

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

What is MSC?

Hi Guys:

I just recd EAD approval notices for me and my wife and they were issued by Missouri Service Center. What is this service center??? Any ideas! I sent my application to VSC.

Thank You

Hello Friends

I applied my I 140 in Dec 2005 and did got a RFE on Ability to Pay, and was really nervous as my company was not doing good and were filling loss for couple of years now but are paying me the required wages.

The RFE came in the month of March 2006 and did replied to the RFE in JUne 2006 and was really nervious as you can see from my last post but thank god i got an email today stating that my I 140 is approved and thats a big thing for me.

I changed my employer recently and transffered my H1 B a week ago haven't got a transfer approval yet but will be getting an approval may be within a month.

Question i have is since i am an indian and filled in EB3 retrogession is killing everybody and can not file for I 485 can i change my employer and take my I 140 with me to the new employer.

Whats the procedure and if not what are the options i have now.

Please help me in getting this answers.

Best Regards

Saburi.

emergency AP in Philly

Has anyone got his/her AP at the regional USCIS office in Philly? I need to travel in October, and I am worried that applying to the VSC may be late.

not possible

saburi said:
I applied my I 140 in Dec 2005 and did got a RFE on Ability to Pay, and was really nervous as my company was not doing good and were filling loss for couple of years now but are paying me the required wages.

The RFE came in the month of March 2006 and did replied to the RFE in JUne 2006 and was really nervious as you can see from my last post but thank god i got an email today stating that my I 140 is approved and thats a big thing for me.

I changed my employer recently and transffered my H1 B a week ago haven't got a transfer approval yet but will be getting an approval may be within a month.

Question i have is since i am an indian and filled in EB3 retrogession is killing everybody and can not file for I 485 can i change my employer and take my I 140 with me to the new employer.

Whats the procedure and if not what are the options i have now.

Please help me in getting this answers.

Best Regards

Saburi.
Congratulations!

But labor&140 cannot be transfered, onlything you can ask old employer to keep 140 for you.
When 485 PD reach your PD apply 485 and later you can use AC21 to change the employer.
I think otherthan that you do not have much options.

help on letter to congressmen!

Hi,

Can anyone advice whether i should mention that "FBI name check is pending" or if my "485 petition is pending" when i write to our local congressmen. I am writing becos my priority date has been current for two months now and USCIS tells me that my name check is pending and that they cannot proceed further without name check details.

Thanks in advance,

- Sappana
EB3, PD:03/2001
I-140 : RD:05/26/05, ND:06/02/05, RFE 12/9/05, AD 03/08/2006
I-485: RD 05/26/05, ND:06/02/05, AD: ???

Here is a good news: One of my friend's 485 approved last week.
EB2-PD-Apr-2001: 485 -RD- jul-2003 : Approved 7/21/2006 Got emai.

Another good part is, They didn't get the approval notice. But visited local ins with the copy of the mail and got GC stamped. Once again. Got GC stamped in their passport with out a approval notice in hand.

- Hope better things happen in near future.

Can we travel and get back to US just on AdvanceParole

My and wife's H1B visa stamping on our passport got expired in 2004. Ever since we have been getting 1 year extensions. My current H1B petition ends this year end. However, we have a valid EAD and Advance PArole expiring mid of next year. Can we travel to India and get back just on AdvacnePArole( without a valid H1B stamping on our passport)? Also, what are pros/cons of doing this??

Appreciate your timely help.

USCIS Game

It is my take that USCIS is playing a game on the 485 filings that happend somewhere from April 2005 to Till Today.

When you call them saying that my priority date is current, they say "Name check pending".

is there anyone who filed in 2005-2006 with current prioirty dates did not get stuck in Name check?

Cheers

I tend to agree with you. My dates are similar to yours. I have not seen too many 485 approvals on this forum for the last 2-3 months. I am not too sure as to what the hell is going on.

cubiclefun said:
It is my take that USCIS is playing a game on the 485 filings that happend somewhere from April 2005 to Till Today.

When you call them saying that my priority date is current, they say "Name check pending".

is there anyone who filed in 2005-2006 with current prioirty dates did not get stuck in Name check?

Cheers

unpredictable

There is no way to predict when our 485s will be approved.

I wonder what could be the reason for the current state of inactivity. Normally, if the current processing date is june 26, it would mean that they might be looking at cases in july.

It would be great to get a GC now, before the eventual slowdown of the economy.

August is usually a busy month. Last year there were many approvals. I THINK that the reason is that they have a lot of visa numbers unused (in not retrogressed categories) towards the end of the year and that doesn't make them look good. But with the bi-spec we don't really know what's going to be...

Taps1 -

Yes, you can travel back to the US using your Advance Parole. I recently went to Europe for work and used my AP to return back to the States.

Pros - obviously you do not have to schedule an visa interview.
Cons - When you come back to the US, they need to check that you do have a valid 485 application before stamping your passport/ I-94. Now they can't do this at the Immigration check counter and you have to wait in a special roomand it may take 45min to an hour before you are called.

The check itself is pretty routine and takes less than 2 mins - but it is the waiting part that can be frustrating.

Taps1 said:
My and wife's H1B visa stamping on our passport got expired in 2004. Ever since we have been getting 1 year extensions. My current H1B petition ends this year end. However, we have a valid EAD and Advance PArole expiring mid of next year. Can we travel to India and get back just on AdvacnePArole( without a valid H1B stamping on our passport)? Also, what are pros/cons of doing this??

Appreciate your timely help.