2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Yes...

Absolutely...Yes you can do that.The approval status of Labor doesn't matter as long as 365 passed after filing. By chance if your 140 is approved before filing your 8th yr ext then you can request for 3yr ext instead of 1 year.

Hope this helps..
MD2001

sourcefactor said:
Hi Gurus,

One quick question Can I get H1 extension for 8th year if I have the labor certification approved and has passed more than 365 days since the filing of labor cert and the I140 is filed but pending for less than 365 days? Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
SF

labsub said:
I think they have certainly started processing your application as you moved out of retrogression in February. They might have assigned a visa number for your case. Hope we hear some good news soon.

Guys !

I called VSC this morning for my 485 (1-800-375-5283 - select options 1, 2, 6, 1, EAC# (key in), 1, 3, 4. This will get you to a live operator). She told me that security checks are pending on my case. Can someone pls comment/advise on these security checks what are these and are these the first step /intermediate step/ or the last step ..any info will be greatly appreciated.

For Folks waiting for 485 ..another forum for tracking 485
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1356432#post1356432

Thanks.

Again please update any I 140 approvals filed in 2005.

Please update any I 140 approvals this Feb'06,
who filed 140's in 2005.

Somehow VSC is slow from Feb-01-06.

Security check

Security checks means FBI fingerprinting and name check...... If it falls in name check it may take several months ........

GS71 said:
Guys !

I called VSC this morning for my 485 (1-800-375-5283 - select options 1, 2, 6, 1, EAC# (key in), 1, 3, 4. This will get you to a live operator). She told me that security checks are pending on my case. Can someone pls comment/advise on these security checks what are these and are these the first step /intermediate step/ or the last step ..any info will be greatly appreciated.

For Folks waiting for 485 ..another forum for tracking 485
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1356432#post1356432

Thanks.

Rfe

Looks like I-140 RFE turned out to be rather unusual one. It’s actually request for evidence addressed to DOL. They lost original labor documents and now requesting a copy. Now I have no idea how long it will take or how to monitor progress. Any ideas/thoughts/references will be greatly appreciated.

Why?

This forum has been so quiet for more than two weeks. Not many approvals or any updates. Whats happening with VSC?

Life sucks man. GC is one of the painful and humiliating processes i have ever witnessed. I hate this never ending waiting game.

While this country conquered 2 countries in less than 3 years and waiting to go for third, i am still SHITTING here and waiting to conquere my 2nd stage of GC process even after 4 years of wait. Shame on WHO?.

I completed my 4th year yesterday. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
true

yes. It has been painful. looks like VSC dates moving forward without any approvals. looks like a accounting kind of fraud to me where they show less loss to show more profit. Same way VSC moving dates fwd just to show on paper that they r approving cases and are up to current standards of other Service centers.

Finger Prinitng Msg Update

I got our FP done code 3 on Feb 07, since then there are 2 LUDs on 485 but no message update. Has anyone else experience the same thing?

aj_jadeja said:
yes. It has been painful. looks like VSC dates moving forward without any approvals. looks like a accounting kind of fraud to me where they show less loss to show more profit. Same way VSC moving dates fwd just to show on paper that they r approving cases and are up to current standards of other Service centers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
It may not be 100 % true.

when VSC was started approving I 485 cases filled april'05 & May'05 cases got into retrogated. Most of the active members of this fourm were PD on or after April'02 / May'02 So we can see some approval in this fourm in next month hopefuly, let us get our fingers crossed and wait. :)

one of my friend got scheduled for counceler processing interview last week his PD was in between the visa bullet in dates. It is looks like they are working :)

ngusev said:
Looks like I-140 RFE turned out to be rather unusual one. It’s actually request for evidence addressed to DOL. They lost original labor documents and now requesting a copy. Now I have no idea how long it will take or how to monitor progress. Any ideas/thoughts/references will be greatly appreciated.

Hey ngusev,
Are you sure the labor original was sent during applying your I140. What is the guarantee that your company did not loose it. Pls check with your company first if they ever applied with a original labor.I remember you saying in the past that your case is not a substitute labor , but is your own labor. Please check with your attorney and company first regarding how they lost your labor original.
chicchu

Questions of Substitutions Not Affected by the Forthcoming Substitution Elimination

The preamble of the proposed regulation provides that this regulatory change would not affect substitutions approved prior to the final rule's effective date. Accordingly, the following substitutions which have been approved prior to the final rule's effective date may or may not be affected:
Cases which are pending at the Backlog Elimination Centers for which the employer had requested and either SWA or Regional Certifying Offer allowed to amend ETA 750 and approved such amendment before March 28, 2005. Clearly will not be affected;
Cases which are pending at the Backlog Elimination Centers for which the employer had requested or will request amendment of ETA 750 substituting the alien's name, and the BEC would have approved such amendment before the final rule's effective date. BEC's returning of ETA 750 to the employer to amend and return to the BEC may or may not comfort with the requirement. The DOL may argue that BEC may have to "approve" the "amended" ETA 750 to meet the requirement of "substitution approved." However, one may argue that the act of returning ETA 750 to the employer to amend the alien name constitutes an approval of substitution. Additionally, BEC may also have to rule on the situation involving appeal of denial of the amendment before the BALCA.
When the employer has already obtained certification of the labor certification application, there may be following groups of people who intend to substitute and whose future needs the agency's further action on this regulation because of the ambiguity in the definition of "substitution approved":
(1) Employer filed I-140 petition for the substituting beneficiary but the I-140 has yet to be approved on the final rule's effective date. Simple Receipt Notice of I-140 may or may not comfort with the requirement of "substitution approved." However, again this should remain an issue which the DOL and the USCIS will have to resolve.
(2) Employer filed I-140 petition for the substituting beneficiary, which has been approved prior to the final rule's effective date. This would be a classical case of "substitution approved."
(3) Employer filed I-140 petition for the original beneficiary which has been either approved or pending. As part of the substitution process for such situation, employer withdraws the I-140 petition and at the time files a new I-140 petition for the substituting beneficiary. If no decision has been made on the approval of withdrawal and the new I-140 petition, the answer to the question turns to foregoing question (1). If the USCIS issues revocation letter, but the new I-140 is still pending, it may be considered another classical case of "substitution approved," similar to the foregoing question (2).
(4) Employer filed I-140 petition for the substituting beneficiary prior to the final rule's effective date, but USCIS denied I-140 on the issue of alien's qualification to meet the labor certification qualification requirement and the appeal of the decision is pending before AAO prior to the final rule's effective date. There may arise two conflicting arguments: One argument would be that the USCIS has approved the employer for the substitution but denied I-140 petition based on the merit of I-140 petition. Opposing argument would be that the USCIS failed to approve the substitution before reaching the merit. Obviously, the first argument sounds more persuasive and convincing, but we will have to wait and see.
(5) Employer filed I-140 petition for the substituting beneficiary, which has been denied on the issue of the employer financial ability to pay the proffered salary. I-140 was filed prior to, but denial was made post to, the final rule's effective date. Clearly, the denial was handed down the employer's qualification issue and not on the substitution nor the substituting alien's qualification issues. Arguably, the act of USCIS reaching merits of the I-140 implies that the USCIS approved the substitution, because unless they approved the substitution, there could not have adjudication of the I-140 on the merits. However, we will still have to wait and see what DOL and USCIS would say on the situation.
It is anticipated that the ambiguity of the language "substitution approved" prior to the final rule's effective date may generate a host of litigation in the future unless the DOL would revise or clarify or define the language clearly in the final regulation. Please stay tuned.

hello sourcefactor,
I had a similar experience in my case. The were continous LUDs on my I-485 without any message change.
Self:
I-140: RD: 01/24/06 LUD: 01/27
I-485/I-131/I-765: RD: 01/24/06 LUD: 01/27, 01/30, 01/31, 02/01, 02/02, 02/09
Spouse:
I-485/I-131/I-765: RD 01/24/06 LUD: 02/01, 02/09

Looks like your spouse's EAD & AP was approved in about 2.5 months.
We have yet to receive the biometrics appointment. Our application has just been submitted and I think the LUDs are due to routine processing/case assignments within USCIS. I believe only LUD changes after 3 months may signify something.

GS71 said:
Thanks ! Guess your reference of Dec04 is from 'VSC 485 processing time', however my understanding is that these dates only apply to non-retrogressed countries. Looking at your signature, your PD became current in last 2 months only (if you r from retrogressed country), so there may be some other criteria. Mine concurrent filing was done on 07/23/05. Pls update us once you hear back reg your query.

-------------------
EB2 (SUB), PD 07/2000
140/485/ead/ap: RD 07/19, ND 07/23
ead/ap AD Sep'05
I-140: AD 02/03/06

I think your I-485 receipt date should be 30 days prior to processing date, in order to call/ open an enquiry.

For approval, I think PD & your 485 receipt date should be current.
I will update once I hear back from them.
Thanks

I-140 Approved

Everyone,

Finally my I-140 is approved!!

I got the email yesterday evening that the I-140 application got approved on 02/14/2006.

I filed concurrently on 09/30/2005, RD:09/30/2005, ND:10/25/2005, LUD: 12/01/2005.

Please see signature for more details. My PD is August 2005 so now I will just wait for PDs to get current.

Do you know who gets the copies of I-140 approvals

I am thinking of invoking AC-21 to switch jobs sometime soon hopefully.

RFE Reply

How long it will take to reflect the repply on case status. My employer sent the reply about two weeks back. Till now there is no message change on my 140.

Thanks
Kopa