2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Processing dated changed in VSC.
I-485-Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status Employment-based adjustment applications February 15, 2005
I-140 (EB2) Advanced degree or exceptional ability - July 16, 2005
I-140 (EB3) Skilled worker or professional - November 05, 2005

I-765 Application for Employment Authorization Based on a pending I-485 adjustment application [(c)(9)] December 17, 2005
I-131 Application for Travel Document All other applicants for advance parole December 17, 2005

Hope most of this active members 485 get approved in this month itself . Not too optimistic I belive realistic.

LaborPains said:
Hi,
My wife recently conerted from H4 to H1 status. When I add her as my dependant during the I-485 process, would I be required to submit her pay-stubs, her employer's info, etc....?

Thanks.

someone please reply.

LaborPains said:
someone please reply.

All they need for dependent's 485 is their Past and Current status, Last manner of entry, So you need to send her H1/H4 approval notice copies and passport copy and I-94 only. No need of her pay stub or her employer information... that is one of my friend's experience. I confirmed with him.

rrdrai said:
All they need for dependent's 485 is their Past and Current status, Last manner of entry, So you need to send her H1/H4 approval notice copies and passport copy and I-94 only. No need of her pay stub or her employer information... that is one of my friend's experience. I confirmed with him.
As i recall now, we did submitted her paystubs. Employer information you have to provide in the biographic questionarie anyway. But, on the other hand, my lawyer is super cautios and tends to overdo things, which i see as good.

Prediction

Hello Guys,
What are the chances of EB3 Retrogress date for India moving to March 2002 in the next bullentin? What are your predications? I expect it to move beyond April 2001 atleast.

HK_HR said:
Hi Guys,

Need your opinions / expert advice.

My employer has merged with another company.
I would like to know how will this impact my GC process and what do I need to do.

Labor : PD = Aug-04, AD = Aug-05 :)
I140 : RD = 3-OCT-05 , AD = 17-JAn-06 :)
EAD : RD = 3-OCT-05 , AD = 21-Oct-05 :)
485 : RD = 3-Oct-05 , FP = 01-Nov-05 AD ????

Does this merger makes the I140 invalid ? What needs to be done in case of pending 485 ?

Thanx,
-Ajit

Guys...does anyone has any opinion / suggestions on this ????

Company related things are with 140.
No need to worry. There is no impact on 485. it is applicant dependent.

HK_HR said:
Guys...does anyone has any opinion / suggestions on this ????

michvin said:
As i recall now, we did submitted her paystubs. Employer information you have to provide in the biographic questionarie anyway. But, on the other hand, my lawyer is super cautios and tends to overdo things, which i see as good.

Thank you all for the responses.

Documents for 485

Could someone please post a list of documents one would need to submit for the 485 process ?
I am currently in the 140 phase and would like to be ready when its time for 485.
My employer does not give me access to the attorney so I cant get this information from him.

Thanks.

A0001 said:
Company related things are with 140.
No need to worry. There is no impact on 485. it is applicant dependent.

Thanx A001. I am worried about my company actually. The owner is not quite professional.

I need to know :

1) What kind of documentation / information need to be provided to USCIS to inform them about the merger , if at all ?

2) Does the company also need to inform DOL about the merger ?

3) Suppose when processing 485 , USCIS finds that the original employer does not exists , will it revoke my approved I140 ?

4) Does it make sense to get a 3 year H1B extn under AC21 ( I have an EAD ) ?

LaborPains said:
Could someone please post a list of documents one would need to submit for the 485 process ?
I am currently in the 140 phase and would like to be ready when its time for 485.
My employer does not give me access to the attorney so I cant get this information from him.

Thanks.

LaborPains.. I have attached a PDF that lists all the documents that are required for 485 process. Hope it helps.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

GC Varuma?

Did you notice any approvals in last from VSC?
How is the trend now?
Now Eb3 proceesing dates 11/5/5 in VSC?
Do you think dates will move fast for Eb3?
Any predication?

A0001 said:
GC Varuma?

Did you notice any approvals in last from VSC?
How is the trend now?
Now Eb3 proceesing dates 11/5/5 in VSC?
Do you think dates will move fast for Eb3?
Any predication?

Hey Anita,
GC Kandippa varum. I think the dates will move fast. My RD is Dec 13th. I am expecting my I-140 approval by the end of March or before that. This is what i believe. :D

I hope your words comes true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whatheheck said:
Hey Anita,
GC Kandippa varum. I think the dates will move fast. My RD is Dec 13th. I am expecting my I-140 approval by the end of March or before that. This is what i believe. :D

Hello Whatheheck:

I hope your words comes true My RD for I 140 Application is 12/06/05 and ND is 12/07/06 and if your projection is true then I should be hearing from Uscis even before you, like mid March 2006 I hope and wish your words comes True!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also do not forget to write the senator to include the provision in the compreshensive bill for letting people atleast file for the I 485 while they are retrogess.... the Bill will be on the table as early as March 2nd 2006.

Please be optimistic and stay tune we will hear something good very shortly..............

Best Regards

Saburi

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

02/24/2005: Sen. Arlen Specter's "Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006" Draft

AILA has obtained and summarized the draft of Senator Specter's draft of Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006, which will be introduced in the Senate Judiciary shortly (March 2, 2006). This is basically a Republican bill that put together various pending bills with some adjustments, such as the PACE Act, McCain-Kennedy bill, and other Comprehensive Immigration Reform bills. We are happy to report that when it comes to the employment-based immigration, this bill incorporates the following key elements:
Recapture of employment-based immigration visa numbers since FY 2001
Exempt from the employment-based numerical limitation of the spouses and children of the EB immigrants
Exempt from the employment-based numerical limitation for (1) the advanced degree holders in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics with 3 years of work experience in the major fields in the U.S., or (2) National Interest Waiver EB-2. (For comparison with other bills, please revisit our summary report on 08/18/2005 in the Breaking News Archive.
Increase of employment-based immigrant quota from 140,000 to 290,000 with the allocations in EB-1=15%, EB-2=15%, EB-3 Skilled Worker/Professional=35%, Other Worker (Unskilled)=Upto 30%, and EB-4 Investor Immigrant=5%.
Special green card eligibility for the U.S. Doctorate Degree holders under the new F-4 visa program in Mathematics, Engineering, Technology or Physical Sciences with full full-time employment
Increase of H-1B annual quota from 65,000 to 115,000 or a market-based increase beyond 115,000
H-1B cap exempt for those advanced degree holders in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (not limited to the U.S. degree holders)
New F-4 visa for those pursuing advanced degree program in Mathematics, Engineering, Technology or Physical Sciences with the accompanying benefits of "intending immigrant" in certain cases, special handling labor certification application for immigration, and for the doctoral degree holders in the U.S., green-card eligibility
OPT period change for all the F-1 students from the current 12 months to 24 months and off-campus employment opportunity unrelated to the filed of study on or off academic terms under certain conditions.
Unfortunately, the Senator dropped from S. 1932 the provision on availability of I-485 filings for employment-based immigrants during the period of retrogression. We urge the Senator to reinstate this provision in the final draft of his bill before it is introduced to the Senate Judiciary Committee. Community leaders, please urgently contact the Senator's office to urge him to reinstate this provision.
For the details, we will continue the analysis in our Advanced Q&A. Readers may send in the email inquiry on this legislative bill. For the background news report on this bill, please click here.

I140 & I485 approved

Just got email with I140 & I485 approvals

Details:
Labor PERM EB2 (Atlanta): applied : 07/04/05 AD: 09/26/05
Non retro country

140/485/765/131
RD: 11/12/05
ND: 11/14/05

765/131 : AD : 12/07/05
FP: done 01/04/06
I140 : AD : 02/27/06
I485 : AD : 02/27/06

Unbelievably fast

Last edited by a moderator:
could you post more details about your case?
eb/reto/pd...etc

ykorsh said:
Just got email with I140 approval

Details:
140/485/765/131
RD: 11/12/05
ND: 11/14/05

765/131 : AD : 12/07/05
I140 : AD : 02/27/06

Received our Cards today and Good luck to you guys.

Friends,

We received our cards today and I pray for you guys to get faster approvals.

Thanks
MD2001