2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

finally got my LC approved after 4 years of painful wait...
good to see again some of the contributors that used to stroll around the New York LC board :)
quick question for you : what do AD, RD, ND and LUD refer to ?
thx

welcome to the thread Rajel. here you go:

AD: approval date
RD: receipt date (when they received your application)
ND: notice date (they send you a notice indicating they got your application)
AP: advance parole
LUD: last update (on the uscis web site. you can register on https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/j...id=c4A3oeCN7dA7 to track your case. each time they update your case you will get an email: that's the LUD).

i hope you are eb2 and not subject to retrogression so that you can proceed. if not, then i am sorry my friend as all you would have gained is getting out of the DOL backlog to get right into the retrogression backlog...

Rajel said:
finally got my LC approved after 4 years of painful wait...
good to see again some of the contributors that used to stroll around the New York LC board :)
quick question for you : what do AD, RD, ND and LUD refer to ?
thx

medical exam

hi all,
does anyone know how long the medical exam report lasts?
when i got out of the dol backlog, i thought the rest of the gc road would be rosy and did my medical exams asap in september thinking my pd will for sure be current in october. well, that was only a dream :confused:
so now i am wondering how long the medical report will be good for, as i see no quick end to this retrogression. hoping that i wouldn't have to do it again.
thanks in advance!!

foret1 said:
hi all,
does anyone know how long the medical exam report lasts?
when i got out of the dol backlog, i thought the rest of the gc road would be rosy and did my medical exams asap in september thinking my pd will for sure be current in october. well, that was only a dream :confused:
so now i am wondering how long the medical report will be good for, as i see no quick end to this retrogression. hoping that i wouldn't have to do it again.
thanks in advance!!

I believe they are good for upto a year but I could be wrong.

AP and 140 approved today

Hi Friends,

Happy to let you know that my 140 and AP booth are approved today.Just got the magic mails.
Check my signature.

Thanks and best wishes for all.

I140 approval times

Thanx Spidey & GCVaruma for your reply.

I have a question regarding the verification of 'qualification' and experience at the 140 stage. I was under the impression that DOL validates all that when granting Labor Cert. Hence it may not be re-examined during the I140 stage ( unless one has used a pre-appproved Labor ).Is it so ? I may be wrong :(

I have BE ( Engg ) and MBA degree from Mumbai Univ and I had worked in a fortune 500 company for 3 years before I joined my current employer ( desi bodyshpper) for my GC. My Labor was approved in Aug-05 and my company claims to have 'successfully' processed GCs so far.

My question is : if USCIS has granted I140 for my company in the past , wouldn't that make the processing for I140 for my case easier for USCIS as they would have already verified my company's credentials ?

Congratulations

PKumar,

Congratulations. Very good News

Hoping to get my 140 cleared soon as the dates look similar.

Thanks

pkumar07_02 said:
Hi Friends,

Happy to let you know that my 140 and AP booth are approved today.Just got the magic mails.
Check my signature.

pkumar07_02 said:
Hi Friends,

Check my signature.

Congrats pkumar07_02 on your 140 and AP approval. Hope the 485 stages goes quickly for you.

HK_HR said:
Thanx Spidey & GCVaruma for your reply.

I have a question regarding the verification of 'qualification' and experience at the 140 stage. I was under the impression that DOL validates all that when granting Labor Cert. Hence it may not be re-examined during the I140 stage ( unless one has used a pre-appproved Labor ).Is it so ? I may be wrong :(

I have BE ( Engg ) and MBA degree from Mumbai Univ and I had worked in a fortune 500 company for 3 years before I joined my current employer ( desi bodyshpper) for my GC. My Labor was approved in Aug-05 and my company claims to have 'successfully' processed GCs so far.
This is a where the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Eventhough DOL and USCIS are both govt agencies, one recognizes your qualification and other does not. Looking into the qualification was not a major issue around 3-4 years back as a Bachelors from India was considered to be equivalent to US bachelors. But then somewhere down the line USCIS started interpreting the processing differently. So eventhough the DOL says that the degree is valid, USCIS can say it is not.

No matter what the DOL says, the USCIS will re-examine your credentials again - be it pre-approved labor or not.

The following links that I posted long time back may give you some idea about this issue:
1. http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=177734
2. http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=185335
3. http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=133912

My question is : if USCIS has granted I140 for my company in the past , wouldn't that make the processing for I140 for my case easier for USCIS as they would have already verified my company's credentials ?
It does help if USCIS have approved previous 140 for your company, but as far as educational credentials goes it is done on a case by case basis.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

Last edited by a moderator:
pkumar07_02 said:
Hi Friends,

Check my signature.

Many Many Congrats pkumar!! Since you used a sub-labor, just a quick Q on it.. Any idea whether you sent the original labor or a copy of it with your petition??

Thanks.

cubiclefun said:
PKumar,

Thanks

Thank you Cubiclefun....yaah hopefully you turn will be next.
Its just weird they process the appications,VSC still shows they are processing May 2005 cases for 140.
All the best.

where_r_v said:
Many Many Congrats pkumar!! Since you used a sub-labor, just a quick Q on it.. Any idea whether you sent the original labor or a copy of it with your petition??

Thanks.

Thanks GC Varuma and where_r_v,

My lawyer i think she appened a copy of the original labor along with the 140 petitiion.

Oh! 140 approved with just a copy of labor sent should be great!! I am just keeping my hope, as I too belong to the same category.

where_r_v said:
Oh! 140 approved with just a copy of labor sent should be great!! I am just keeping my hope, as I too belong to the same category.

Congrats on 140 Sub-Labor Approval.Your approval has given us some hopes of the process... its good that u didnt even get any RFE's. worth a wait !!!

well good luck for all the people waiting...in the queue...(a non-FIFO one)

Ajaks

I140 - LUDs

Thanx GCVaruma.

BTW...the links that you provided are not 'working'.

Some members who have got their 140 approved have provided LUDs .
When there is a LUD ( fresh update ) on I140 , what does it mean ?

1) Does it mean your case is under consideration ?
2) Does it mean that an RFE has been sent to the lawyer / employer ?
3) Doesn't mean anything ?

How does one know whatz happening on the case?

PKumar07_02

Thanks

Keepgoing
(VSC) Sub EB2
I-140 - ND:07/22/2005 -- ????
I-485 - ND:07/22/2005 -- 08/29/05 LUD (FP Recevied)
EAD - ND:07/22/2005 -- AD 09/13/2005
AP - ND:07/22/2005 -- AD 09/13/2005
FP - 08/17/2005 (Code-3) Done

Fp?

Thanks for the explanation for the various acronyms! Only "FP" is missing - could you tell me what that is?

foret1 said:
welcome to the thread Rajel. here you go:

AD: approval date
RD: receipt date (when they received your application)
ND: notice date (they send you a notice indicating they got your application)
AP: advance parole
LUD: last update (on the uscis web site. you can register on https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/j...id=c4A3oeCN7dA7 to track your case. each time they update your case you will get an email: that's the LUD).

i hope you are eb2 and not subject to retrogression so that you can proceed. if not, then i am sorry my friend as all you would have gained is getting out of the DOL backlog to get right into the retrogression backlog...

HK_HR said:
Thanx GCVaruma.

BTW...the links that you provided are not 'working'.

Some members who have got their 140 approved have provided LUDs .
When there is a LUD ( fresh update ) on I140 , what does it mean ?

1) Does it mean your case is under consideration ?
2) Does it mean that an RFE has been sent to the lawyer / employer ?
3) Doesn't mean anything ?

How does one know whatz happening on the case?
Sorry about it HK... These days I am having trouble with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. That is the story of my life after I have started the GC process. Anyway here are the links :
1. http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=177734
2. http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=185335
3. http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=133912

LUD - Last Update - more information about how to register to get E-mails is in the posting by foret1 : http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1305929&postcount=2053. Whenever there is an LUD it means that it has completed a processing stage. This is done internally by USCIS and its difficult to say as to what the particular stage is. But at least the good thing is your case is being processed.

1. It means that they are working on your case. If they need any extra details they will send you an RFE.
2. An LUD does not mean it is an RFE. An LUD means that it has crossed a stage when processing your case. If you have an RFE you will get an E-mail about it provided you have registered(in the site foret1 has mentioned). If the RFE is for 140 either your lawyer or your employer will get the letter by mail.
3. It does mean that there is someone working on your case.

Based on the LUD's it means that there is something happening with your case.

I have also corrected the links in my previous post.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

Congrats that's great news! I know you have been waiting for quite sometime.

Laborbadhi: any news on your front?

pkumar07_02 said:
Hi Friends,

Check my signature.