2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

MD2001 said:
Thanks guys...I was not able to talk to my lawyer, seems he is out of office.

Anyway by seeing Nirvan's signature i.e his AP was approved on 18th and his lawyer already received? it in mail, Spidey you should be receiving your EAD/AP at anytime soon.

My wife's AP is still pending (not updated?) even though her EAD is approved at the same time as mine. If her's also get approved then we are in good position to use them avoiding the stamping hassle at chennai.

Have a nice long week-end and enjoy the holidays...

Thanks
MD2001

I have read that without a valid visa stamp in the passport, you will have trouble getting on board your connecting flight in Europe, sometimes also in India.
Apparently, they dont know how the AP works.... dont ask me how the hell that is possible.... but this is what I have read.
So it's probably a good idea to keep your H1b valid anyway... and maybe you could tell us when you get back if you were able to confirm this information about AP/boarding issues without a valid H1b.

See if this crap about the visa #'s continues for too long I may need to extend my H1b next year as well... just for travel purposes if this information is true.

It's true most of the Europe countries create problem as we need transit visa if we use AP. I am going through KLM/Northwest via Amsterdam which doesn't need a transit visa.

anyway as you suggested, I will go for stamping but just exploring any safe possibility of using AP i.e if it comes early next week.

I have currently an appointment scheduled for December 7th and will update you guys with any useful info.

I was just hoping to use AP b'cas not much time left on my 7th year H1 and need to use AP next time anyway.

meanwhile, pls keep updating and mobilize this forum for any action for immi relief as it may come up around dec 1st week before senate-house conf committee.

Thanks for your advice...
MD2001

spidey said:
I have read that without a valid visa stamp in the passport, you will have trouble getting on board your connecting flight in Europe, sometimes also in India.
Apparently, they dont know how the AP works.... dont ask me how the hell that is possible.... but this is what I have read.
So it's probably a good idea to keep your H1b valid anyway... and maybe you could tell us when you get back if you were able to confirm this information about AP/boarding issues without a valid H1b.

See if this crap about the visa #'s continues for too long I may need to extend my H1b next year as well... just for travel purposes if this information is true.

Hi All,
Does any one have any clue, what is going on with USCIS. Are they working? or There is no approval (I485) Since 11/7/05. It used to be couple of approval evey week(watching 2004 fourm also). Now why there is no approval any one,any guss?

guys here are mostly from retrogressed countries like India, china. USCIS is supposed to approve only the applications which have earlier PD w.r.t the cut-off dates.

USCIS is playing safe for fear of lawsuits b'cas of inconsistency and so-called FIFO approvals from DOL as BECs are in a big mess and approving cases randomly. That's why USCIS put the cut-off dates too pessimistically.

By rule they cannot approve any application whose PD is not current.

MD2001

rrdrai said:
Hi All,
Does any one have any clue, what is going on with USCIS. Are they working? or There is no approval (I485) Since 11/7/05. It used to be couple of approval evey week(watching 2004 fourm also). Now why there is no approval any one,any guss?

Gurus when is safe to switch employer for my case below. thanks for your suggestions.
===
EB2/RIR/PD: 8/2002
140/485/EAD/AP: RD 09/29/05
140:LUD 10/20
485:LUD 10/20
EAD:AD 11/17
AP: LUD 10/20 AD:11/22

6 months from i485 ND and 140 approval. What is ur ND?

mrr said:
Gurus when is safe to switch employer for my case below. thanks for your suggestions.
===

you can track your applications here

You guys must check out this immigration tracker -- never seen anything like this before. Great part is you can discuss each case individually... that's so helpful. Much better than passing an excel spreadsheet around..

http://www.trackins.com

FP code 3: 4 matches. What does it mean?

My wife did fingerprint code 3 today. Among the ten fingerprints, the system reported four matches. What does this mean? How will this affect her case?
:confused:

Thanks in advance.

ND 10/17/05, thx njrirlabor.

njrirlabor said:
6 months from i485 ND and 140 approval. What is ur ND?

===

Any one have idea what is the time frame for 140 eb3 approvals in VSC.
Is it fast now a days?............

Any Sept 2005 140 approvals

Can anyone provide with status of cases for 140 and 485 Sept (last week) applied.

140/485/131/765 - Sept 27 AD, 09/28 RD Notice Date 10/05/2005
131 Approved - :D
765 Approved - :D
140 LUD 10/17/2005 - :mad:
485 LUD 11/09/2005 - :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange and fast approval

My I-140 is approved within a month. I have not received the receipt notice. The details are as follows.

EB3 - RIR
Sent to VSC on October 26th.
Received an approval email from Lawyer today

SRK

NJGCApplicant said:
Can anyone provide with status of cases for 140 and 485 Sept (last week) applied.

140/485/131/765 - Sept 27 AD, 09/28 RD Notice Date 10/05/2005
131 Approved - :D
765 Approved - :D
140 LUD 10/17/2005 - :mad:
485 LUD 11/09/2005 - :mad:

See my signature....
Hope this helps

srkotturu said:
My I-140 is approved within a month. I have not received the receipt notice. The details are as follows.

EB3 - RIR
Sent to VSC on October 26th.
Received an approval email from Lawyer today

SRK
Congrats srkotturu on your 140 approval. Your approval was really fast..

GCVaruma.

GCVARUMA said:
Congrats srkotturu on your 140 approval. Your approval was really fast..

GCVaruma.

My I140 was filed on Oct-3-2005 and there has been no progress since the last 2 months.

Is there a pattern in terms of time taken for approval ? Is it so that people who are employed with big companies like Oracle , Cisco etc get their I140 appproval faster vis-a-vis the typical desi bodyshopper companies ?

I am inclined to think that the above may be true , as I do not see any other rationale why some cases take so long and some so short.

HK_HR said:
My I140 was filed on Oct-3-2005 and there has been no progress since the last 2 months.

Is there a pattern in terms of time taken for approval ? Is it so that people who are employed with big companies like Oracle , Cisco etc get their I140 appproval faster vis-a-vis the typical desi bodyshopper companies ?

I am inclined to think that the above may be true , as I do not see any other rationale why some cases take so long and some so short.

hk

here's the 2 questions the I-140 petition seeks to answer.
1. Can the sponsoring employer pay the promised wages ? Obviously if you are working for a company that has been profitable for the last 3 years or more, you should pass this test. Obviously if you work for a company that has been public for 3 yrs or more, theres less doubt about your companys financial standing since that is public knowledge.

2. Are you the right person to fill the job that the sponsoring company says they couldn't fill from the local market. This is of course easier to prove if you have been educated in the US. If you are from Osmanabad Univ VS. Mumbai University, chances are your application will take a little longer to approve.

This is certainly true in may case. I work for a publicly traded company and it's been very profitable in the last few yrs.
I am also educated in the US.

Besides having both things, I personally packaged my application making sure there was a Table Of Contents to the packet, each section had a cover title page.... making it VERY easy for an official to find relevant documents.

Having the right credentials (company profitability and appropriate degrees and experience) is important but equally important is how easy it is for an official to find the information.

Last but not the least, never underestimate the power of sheer luck.

In addition to that, it looks like non concurrent cases got I-140 faster approvals, then nonRIR cases and lastly RIR concurrent cases getting approved.

1. Can the sponsoring employer pay the promised wages ? Obviously if you Last but not the least, never underestimate the power of sheer luck.[/QUOTE]

spidey said:
hk

1. Can the sponsoring employer pay the promised wages ? Obviously if you are working for a company that has been profitable for the last 3 years or more, you should pass this test. Obviously if you work for a company that has been public for 3 yrs or more, theres less doubt about your companys financial standing since that is public knowledge.

2. Are you the right person to fill the job that the sponsoring company says they couldn't fill from the local market. This is of course easier to prove if you have been educated in the US. If you are from Osmanabad Univ VS. Mumbai University, chances are your application will take a little longer to approve.

This is certainly true in may case. I work for a publicly traded company and it's been very profitable in the last few yrs.
I am also educated in the US.

Besides having both things, I personally packaged my application making sure there was a Table Of Contents to the packet, each section had a cover title page.... making it VERY easy for an official to find relevant documents.

Having the right credentials (company profitability and appropriate degrees and experience) is important but equally important is how easy it is for an official to find the information.

Last but not the least, never underestimate the power of sheer luck.

What Spidey has said is 100% true.

Since my case is pending, I tried to do some analysis/reasoning as to why some 140's were approved in 2-3 weeks and others were pending for more than 4-6 months, but could not find an answer. The irony was that for the people who have their cases pending for more than 4-6 months they also had US Masters and worked in Fortune 500 companies. Since the 140 cases are approved randomly, it makes it difficult for one to see an approval pattern and reason out the logic/rationale that is used to approve cases. So I have given up on it and just waiting for the good news of my 140 approval.

I strongly believe that it depends largely on the Certifying officer who has got the case. If it is Mr. Perfect then he will work on the cases diligently to keep his desk clean, on the other hand if it is Mr. Pileup then the case will be somewhere lying on his desk collecting dust.

I know for sure that the last line of Spidey's statement holds true.

GCVaruma.