2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

1 more day of LUD's on all except my 140.address change updation again?? thats 2 days in a row LUD's 11/15,11/16 . hmm.. interesting!!
Ajaks

Got the following easy RFE...Feeling kind of relax.

"Submit an original on Company letterhead from your current employer stating date of hire, duties, remuneration and prospect for continued employment"

Anyone has any advice?

you can plan for a great holiday party

:)
mb1 said:
Got the following easy RFE...Feeling kind of relax.

"Submit an original on Company letterhead from your current employer stating date of hire, duties, remuneration and prospect for continued employment"

Anyone has any advice?

nato said:
nato,
you are really great!
it feels great for your optimistic view....i wish i could see the approval before holiday. Although i am from non-retro country, VSC currently processing Dec, 04 cases. Therefore, I guess I'll have to wait for few more months as my case was submitted on April, 05. Isn't it?

vsc slow yet approved few cases in 6 mths, RD lost its significance even before retro

just to be in sync, I meant christmas, but ijust add 3-5 weeks from the time they get the RFE at their end, keep us posted in the other approvals thread
mb1 said:
nato,
you are really great!
it feels great for your optimistic view....i wish i could see the approval before holiday. Although i am from non-retro country, VSC currently processing Dec, 04 cases. Therefore, I guess I'll have to wait for few more months as my case was submitted on April, 05. Isn't it?

jowood said:
Current Status:

An amended notice on this case was mailed on November 10, 2005. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Can any one have any idea, what this notice can be after approval.
Please tell me, i am very upset from it.

I have the same situation. I -140 aproved a month ago without any update in online message. last week, 3 LUDs + online approval message, this week, LUD + amended notice. If you found something, let me know

DavidChen said:
Congratulations!!

My 140 was filed on Aug 23rd. Hope I can get mine approved soon...

Does anyone know if there are any difference between EB1&EB2 for 140? Mine was filed under EB2.

Thanks everyone for your wishes. Regarding category, EB2 seems to be faster than EB1. Two friends of mine who applied under EB2 on the same dates got their approval in October. All the best for a fast approval. :D

Am I eligible to file I-485?

I am bit confused. Some one please give me some info.

My labor is cleared and my PD is 02/21/2002.

Am I eligible to file I-485. I am asking this question based on two posts.

Senate Passes Immigration Relief - http://www.murthy.com/bulletin.html

Another one is from -

http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html
11/04/2005: I-485 Filing During Visa Retrogression Under S.1932 - Who Is Covered?

Thanks in advance.

SRK

You forgot to mention 2 things:

Country of Citizenship
and EB 2, EB3 or Eb1.

If country of Citizenship is India or China, and employment preference category is eb2 or eb3, you cannot apply for I 485 as yet, till the PD becomes current.

Also, those links you provided are not yet laws, hence do not apply now.

srkotturu said:

Another one is from -

11/04/2005: I-485 Filing During Visa Retrogression Under S.1932 - Who Is Covered?

Thanks in advance.

SRK

Welcome, SRK!

SRK,

Congratulations for your Labor approval and welcome to this forum, I remember you from Philly BEC forum.

Coming to your question, I guess your are from India and the cut off dates for India are July 1st 2000 for EB2 and Jan 1st 1999 for EB3.

That means you cannot apply 485 now. The links you mentioned are just proposals still pending in Congress (Senate passed this one but still need to be reconciled with House's proposal, to be straight it may or may not passed in congress, stay tuned!!!).

In my opinion, you should file 140 immediately...

- MD2001

srkotturu said:

Another one is from -

Thanks in advance.

SRK

Welcome SRK.... and goodluck in this forum.
Even though the retro is bad news, the good news is you probably wont have experience the same nightmare with respect to the rest of the processing as you've just seen in the DOL (and BEC)

BTW, just another piece of good news. I just checked my email and saw that my EAD was approved yday. :D

New to this forum

HI Everybody,

I am new to this forum . I find it very useful. I browsed thru many threads and got very useful info. I guess I will keep visiting till I get my GC.

Pardon my ignorance , but I just wanted to get a general idea on how much time does it typically takes for I140 to get approved. As I see on this forum it is about 2 months at VSC...am I right ?

-Ajit
-----------------------
EB2 non-RIR : Aug-04
Labor approved : AUG-05
I140/485/EAD :
RD = 3-OCT-05
EAD : AD 21-OCT-05
I140/485 ???

Thanks MD2001 & Spidey

Thanks for your inputs.

I filed my I-140 on September 26th and I am still waiting for the receipt number.

Yes, I do feel very bad about the people who are wating for their labor to be cleared. We all went through that trauma.

Thanks

SRK
EB3/RIR
India
PD 02/2002
Philly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All
===
mrr
EB2/RIR/PD: 8/2002
140/485/EAD/AP: RD 09/29/05
140:LUD 10/20
485:LUD 10/20
EAD:AD 11/17
AP: LUD 10/20

Good New! The immigration reform bill has passed

Source:www.immigration-law.com

11/18/2005: House Passed H.R. 4241 by Vote 217-215 at 01:41 a.m. Today

The House debated all night last night and finally passed this bill by hair-thin close vote of 217 yeas and 215 nays at close to 2 O'clock this morning without amendment for the immigration bills.
Read and help the immigration community's last minute effort

LaborBadhi said:
Source:www.immigration-law.com

11/18/2005: House Passed H.R. 4241 by Vote 217-215 at 01:41 a.m. Today

The House debated all night last night and finally passed this bill by hair-thin close vote of 217 yeas and 215 nays at close to 2 O'clock this morning without amendment for the immigration bills.
Read and help the immigration community's last minute effort
Here is next steps that you need to do. Pls help the immigration community. http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1300228&postcount=12

Hello srkotturu.. remember you from the PBEC. Welcome to the group..

HK_HR said:
HI Everybody,

I am new to this forum . I find it very useful. I browsed thru many threads and got very useful info. I guess I will keep visiting till I get my GC.

Pardon my ignorance , but I just wanted to get a general idea on how much time does it typically takes for I140 to get approved. As I see on this forum it is about 2 months at VSC...am I right ?

-Ajit
-----------------------
EB2 non-RIR : Aug-04
Labor approved : AUG-05
I140/485/EAD :
RD = 3-OCT-05
EAD : AD 21-OCT-05
I140/485 ???
HK_HR.. you can never be sure of the timeframe as to when they process 140 in VSC. Some members in this forum have got it in 12-14 working days and some have been waiting to get it for the past 6 months. So you cannot even pick a number here. Just hope and pray(like I do) that the 140 gets approved soon.

spidey said:
BTW, just another piece of good news. I just checked my email and saw that my EAD was approved yday. :D
Congrats Spidey on the receipt of your EAD. By the way both our cases are just the opposite. You got the 140 soon and your EAD now, but I got my EAD soon and still waiting for the 140. Hope it gets cleared soon.

Thanks.
GCVaruma