2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

certi_mgh said:
My lawer sent an inquiry about my 140(EB2) and was told that my case is witn an adjudications officer for review. Does anyone know roughly how long it will take the officer to make a decision?
Thanks

Anytime now until 60 days in general.

Guys,
I called VSC today and spoke with a nice lady.She said my back ground check is pending..I am not sure whether it is same as "Name Check" or anything else..?Can any one help me on this..

yes - same as name check..

gcva said:
Guys,
I called VSC today and spoke with a nice lady.She said my back ground check is pending..I am not sure whether it is same as "Name Check" or anything else..?Can any one help me on this..

GCVA - Guess I must've spoken with the same "nice" lady at VSC yesterday! She told me the same thing - that my case was pending receipt of clearance of the background check. I persisted and asked whether background check was the same as Name check and she said "yes".

gcva said:
Guys,

Yes, unfortunately, I believe they refer to the same thing.

EricS said:
If anyone is stuck in name check, please add your details to the following tracker thread. You can also see the progress of other cases.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=174845&page=5&pp=15

Good idea since many people are getting stuck in this phase (another unofficial phase in GC process!)

Not many postings from anyone, looks like everyone is getting disheartened as approvals have trickled down and fate of EB3. Don't give up hope, we'll all have happy ending ....hopefully soon!

Take care,
GCALB

gcalb said:
Good idea since many people are getting stuck in this phase (another unofficial phase in GC process!)

Take care,
GCALB

I think I can digest the fact if the process is being delayed by USCIS for some procedural checks.. I get totally disappointed when I realise that my employer is trying to fool me around for the heck of $$$. Im just wondering how could they be happy in their later years. I keep cursing about these heartless souls every minute.
They take no effort in placing us but still they get to enjoy almost 2k/month.
May God bless my Employer!! :)

with in 7 business days

certi_mgh said:
My lawer sent an inquiry about my 140(EB2) and was told that my case is witn an adjudications officer for review. Does anyone know roughly how long it will take the officer to make a decision?
Thanks

You will get it in next 7 business days.

Denial 485 Help pick an attorney

My 485 has been denied and I got a notice yesterday. I have been trying to get in touch with an attorney and so far no luck. Any one has a clue about how much does one charge for filing an MTR. Thanks for the information.

i have a question frieds i heard some rumour...

we know EB3 priority date around 2002 june. the rumour is, a person can apply I-485 regardless of periority date ex:eek:ct 2004(eb3).

the rumour is, visa number should available to approve BUT NO RESTRICTION TO APPLY TO GET WORK PERMIT.

IS THIS CORRECT ???

SOME ONES REPLY APPRECIATED......

Check http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_061405.html.

Part of it :
........ starting July 1, 2005 and continuing until more visa numbers become available, it will not be possible for persons in EB-3 (other than Schedule A) to file I-485 Applications to Adjust Status to Permanent Residence or to obtain immigrant visas at the consulates abroad. ..............

brs2004 said:

we know EB3 priority date around 2002 june. the rumour is, a person can apply I-485 regardless of periority date ex:eek:ct 2004(eb3).

the rumour is, visa number should available to approve BUT NO RESTRICTION TO APPLY TO GET WORK PERMIT.

IS THIS CORRECT ???

you can't file 485 , if PD is not current

brs2004 said:

IS THIS CORRECT ???

out of visa numbers

I just read about the unavailability of visa numbes as of july 1st. Do visa numbers get allocated once you're approved or once your application is received. Are the applications applied in january affected by this unavailability of visa numbers?

Thanks

495Wait said:
I just read about the unavailability of visa numbes as of july 1st. Do visa numbers get allocated once you're approved
Just before approval.
or once your application is received. Are the applications applied in january affected by this unavailability of visa numbers?
Thanks
Yes

be_positive said:
My 485 has been denied and I got a notice yesterday. I have been trying to get in touch with an attorney and so far no luck.
You can contact Rajiv S Khanna, owner of this website ot Shiela Murthy.
Any one has a clue about how much does one charge for filing an MTR. Thanks for the information.
depends on attorny, usually in the 4K range.

485 approved for myself and spouse

EB2
PD: 3/2002
Concurrent Filing, 140/485/EAD ND: 1/18/05
EAD AD: 2/11/05
140/485 AD: 6/17/05
FP Completed: 4/16/05
485 LUD Changes 4/18/05,4/19/05 ,4/25/05 (received/resumed)

Got the approval emails for 140/485 simultaneously
Thanks everyone for the useful info and the morale . Hope everbody gets it soon

Congrats

Congrats jss1,
Nice to see concurrent approval and without lUD change after FP receive message.
N'Joy the pleasure.

jss1 said:
EB2
PD: 3/2002
Concurrent Filing, 140/485/EAD ND: 1/18/05
EAD AD: 2/11/05
140/485 AD: 6/17/05
FP Completed: 4/16/05
485 LUD Changes 4/18/05,4/19/05 ,4/25/05 (received/resumed)

Got the approval emails for 140/485 simultaneously
Thanks everyone for the useful info and the morale . Hope everbody gets it soon

be_positive said:
No but because of withdrawal/revokation by sponsoror. I 140 was approved.

If your i140 approved and if you complete 180 days from 485 receipt date, your employer can't revoke 140. are you sure your sponser revoked your 140?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status Reply

After raising status query about my 485 (ND: April 9, 2004, FP: March 7, 2005) with USCIS representative last month, I got reply letter from USCIS last week as follows:
"Our records show that this case is currently pending the final review stage. Please allow a minimum of 45 to 60 days for a response notice at this time."

What does it mean? Is it everthing is done including namecheck on my case. Anybody has similar experience? Please share your ideas.
Thanks in advance