2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Could you please tell us how to raise a status inquiry? My I-485 ND is May 28 2004, so like you, it is overdue.
Thanks.

PAUL123 said:
After raising status query about my 485 (ND: April 9, 2004, FP: March 7, 2005) with USCIS representative last month, I got reply letter from USCIS last week as follows:
"Our records show that this case is currently pending the final review stage. Please allow a minimum of 45 to 60 days for a response notice at this time."

What does it mean? Is it everthing is done including namecheck on my case. Anybody has similar experience? Please share your ideas.
Thanks in advance

Status Enquiry

Holbytla said:
Could you please tell us how to raise a status inquiry? My I-485 ND is May 28 2004, so like you, it is overdue.
Thanks.

I called 1-800-375-5283 and asked the customer representatve about the status of my case as it is already overdue, he told he will put status enquiry

Inquiry response from USCIS

I got the expected reponse from USCIS for status inquiry (requested on May 18, Responded on June 13th, Received on June 17th.).

The processing of your petition/ application has been delayed. All petitions/ applications received by this service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of the petition/ applications. As a result of the lack of manpower to complete the checks in a timely manner, we have no control over how long these checks will take. We have no definite indication of when they will be completed…..

mailgc2001 said:
I got the expected reponse from USCIS for status inquiry (requested on May 18, Responded on June 13th, Received on June 17th.).

The processing of your petition/ application has been delayed. All petitions/ applications received by this service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of the petition/ applications. As a result of the lack of manpower to complete the checks in a timely manner, we have no control over how long these checks will take. We have no definite indication of when they will be completed…..
The applicants from Muslim Countries should expect extra delay because of Background/Security checks.

Back From India!

For all those who wish to travel abroad on Advance Parole - here's my experience.

My GC was approved on May 25th and I had planned travel to India on the 26th of May. Many people had advised me to postpone my trip because of they felt that I would be "out of status" upon re-entry. Nothing of that sort happened. Landed in Newark this evening - showed my advance parole document to the INS officer - he ushered me into another room - an officer in that room verified my records, stamped my passport, returned my AP document because I was already approved and congratulated me on the approval too.

I believe my experience will be of some relief to fellow members on this forum, who wish to travel abroad on AP.

Regards

PAUL123 said:
After raising status query about my 485 (ND: April 9, 2004, FP: March 7, 2005) with USCIS representative last month, I got reply letter from USCIS last week as follows:
"Our records show that this case is currently pending the final review stage. Please allow a minimum of 45 to 60 days for a response notice at this time."

What does it mean? Is it everthing is done including namecheck on my case. Anybody has similar experience? Please share your ideas.
Thanks in advance

It's look like you are all set. I also raised query last week and waiting for the response.
rrml
485ND:5/26/04.
FP:4/7/05.
LUDs:4/7&4/8

NO Thats NOT True , even if you have labour after June 2002 You cannot do anything , stay tune with USCIS and let you when Visas are available

Raising status enquiries

Friends, I'd really appreciate any guidance here..

(1) How does one raise a formal/informal status query with VSC
(2) Can anyone point me the email ID and sample email to FBI for name check status query? I did search the FAQ thread, but could not find a clear pointer..

thanks much..

DesiInDC,
Here is the Info for FBI Name check:
Here is the address.
Records/Information Dissemination Section
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W
Washington, D.C. 20535

Originally Posted by rajnag
Nivasch

Here is FBI Name check email format

Dear

I had applied for my Adjustment of status (I-485) on XXXXX. I understand that the I-485 Adjudication process by USCIS is now pending waiting for name check results from your department. I would appreciate if you can let me know the current status of the name check. In case my name check is pending I would be grateful if you could expedite the same. Thanks for your time & your help on this regard. My case details are as follows

First Name:
Last Name:
Alien #:
SSN:
DOB:
Email id:
Address:
USCIS I-485 receipt #:
Phone number:

---------------------------------------------
DesiInDC said:
Friends, I'd really appreciate any guidance here..

(1) How does one raise a formal/informal status query with VSC
(2) Can anyone point me the email ID and sample email to FBI for name check status query? I did search the FAQ thread, but could not find a clear pointer..

thanks much..

Email address ?

thanks Nivasch. Is there an Email address as well ? Please let me know..

nivasch said:
DesiInDC,
Here is the Info for FBI Name check:
Here is the address.
Records/Information Dissemination Section
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W
Washington, D.C. 20535

-

Update on 2004 NIW-140 (Please add to Tracker)

Please add my information to the VSC tracker. I tried adding to the xls file but one total was not showing up properly.

Thanks...

I-140 + I-485 Concurrently Filed:
I-140 (NIW) RD: 07/01/2004, ND: 07/07/2004, AD: 06/03/2005
I-765: RD: 07/01/2004, ND: 07/07/2004, AD: 08/02/2004
I-765: (Renewal, e-file): RD: 06/19/2005
FP: 04/07/2005
I-485: LUD: 04/27/2005

Transfered to local CA office from VSC.

Hi Gurus,
I have received an email today stating that my case has been transfered to local CA immigration office from VSC. So my case will be handled by CSC or other office?

Please share your experiance or knowledge.

Thanks.

be_positive said:
My 485 has been denied and I got a notice yesterday. I have been trying to get in touch with an attorney and so far no luck. Any one has a clue about how much does one charge for filing an MTR. Thanks for the information.

did you ever see an LUD on your 140 after the approval?

Just received the Approval Emails

Today our cases were approved. Below is wonderful message on USCIS website.

This case has been approved. On June 20, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

mailgc2001 said:
8 More days to go (business). Hopes are F.......A.........D.......I..........N.......G

Hi - Mailgc2001: Have you initiated Status Inquiry, called VSC,...? You are way past the due date published by USCIS.

Good luck!

Hi! Gurus,

I know this is I-140/I-485 forum, but does anybody know, how much time DOL takes to approve LC Substitution? Or can we directly apply to USCIS with I-140/I-485 immediately with already approved LC Substituted?

Thanks in advance.
Sanjay

Yes. I got the expected reponse saying Security checks are going on ...
imthere2 said:
Hi - Mailgc2001: Have you initiated Status Inquiry, called VSC,...? You are way past the due date published by USCIS.

Good luck!

sanbaj said:
Hi! Gurus,

I know this is I-140/I-485 forum, but does anybody know, how much time DOL takes to approve LC Substitution? Or can we directly apply to USCIS with I-140/I-485 immediately with already approved LC Substituted?

Thanks in advance.
Sanjay

You can directly apply for I-140.