2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

JK and seniors - I spoke to VSC rep

JK & other Gurus,

I just spoke to the VSC rep regarding my 485 and he mentioned that my case is #. He said it is pending. I did ask him that the VSC had moved to June 04. he mentioned that was a rough estimate.

The scary part was, I was not hoping for him to tell that my case is on hold due to Visa availability. Since I do not know my priority date ( substitute labour ) and do not have a copy of my 140 ( employer is not providing it), I am not sure if I was stuck under retrogression or not.

Hope to get some good news.

Do you guys think based on the info that I might get approval.

thanks
Gc_vsc

patnams said:
Maybe, people of Vermont dont like their neighbours. Vermont is somewhat inclined to be a Red state where as MA and CT are Deep Blue states.

Conspiracy Theory!! :p

Looks like they don't like CA guys either. ;)

Jharkhandi said:
...It looks like people who got 485 approved and card ordered without stamping - they are only getting approval message second time. I am waiting for mine too now(second approval email/mail). Pondering - is it in error or is it that stamping is must? And I feel it is in error but even then more and more people will get approval message second time!
Not necessarily. Our friends get their passports stamped back in march (FP code 1 in January). They've got 2-nd approvals yesterday and day before yesterday.

Interested in doing Tracker Analysis in a Database?

Anyone who wants the Tracker Excel Sheet in Oracle TABLE format, please PM me (with your email id) or I can post for once in the thread itself.

I can send (tomorrow) Table Creation Script and Table Inserts Script for data in Tracker.

Size of file will be about 350KB.

SENTHIL MURUGESAN said:
Jk thanks So much for your support to this members. I am very relaxed in such way that i got head ache 2 days in a row .

My Son LUD also changed today and for him card ordered .

Jk Please ,I need a clarification do we need a stamping once after gettign green card ?.

senthil
Stamping is not needed after you get the card.

patnams said:
Interested in doing Tracker Analysis in a Database?

Anyone who wants the Tracker Excel Sheet in Oracle TABLE format, please PM me (with your email id) or I can post for once in the thread itself.

I can send (tomorrow) Table Creation Script and Table Inserts Script for data in Tracker.

Size of file will be about 350KB.
TCS sends a resume of a best fit candidate worked in CITI 10+ yr. in mfg. area. He got his approval yesterday, my best friend.

karan29 said:
This case has been approved. On April 29, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

My I-485 approval message doesn't say card is ordered!!! Do you know howlong that takes?. Is ok to quit my current employer before i get my card.
Please advise.
People are getting different kind of approval notices. I have seen some people getting old style approval notice. (go to get it stamped).

Some people have got new style approval notice(card will be mailed in 120 days) but card was not ordered for them - they got stamping done. I think we have one membe,r KosmoKramer, got his like that.

For rest of the lot, within a week or so, card is ordered and in next 3-5 days - card is mailed.

Wait a week - you will get approval notice in hand and things will be clearer for you.

Next point - can you change employer before getting actual card? Yes sure - but for time frame - check Life After GC section (Rajiv's opinion is in a separate thread). Read those threads with one thing in mind that you are a GC holder since you got 485 approved and not when you get the card in hand!

cuk536 said:
Not necessarily. Our friends get their passports stamped back in march (FP code 1 in January). They've got 2-nd approvals yesterday and day before yesterday.
Thanks for clarifying. Meanwhile I also got second time approved. ;)

Kabhi to ek baar approval nahin hota hai - kabhi baar baar approval hota hai. Koi VSC walon ko samjhaye - jinka approval nahin hua unke case par kaam karo.

I was talking to a friend, a member on board, couple of days after my 485 approval, that my other friends got GC done in half the time that of me. I guess someone in VSC overheard it. Anyway waiting for second approval notice and second card. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
SENTHIL MURUGESAN said:
Jk ,

Any Ideas about this re approvel message trend . Any idea what theya re re approving . . Need your insght

senthil
No idea. I think itec is first one to get it and I will wait for his post! But surely it is in error, approved GC cannot be approved again.

gc_vsc said:
JK & other Gurus,

I just spoke to the VSC rep regarding my 485 and he mentioned that my case is #. He said it is pending. I did ask him that the VSC had moved to June 04. he mentioned that was a rough estimate.

The scary part was, I was not hoping for him to tell that my case is on hold due to Visa availability. Since I do not know my priority date ( substitute labour ) and do not have a copy of my 140 ( employer is not providing it), I am not sure if I was stuck under retrogression or not.

Hope to get some good news.

Do you guys think based on the info that I might get approval.

thanks
Gc_vsc
That is not sufficient info.

Anyway some people have asked me how to contact VSC(and not talk to USCIS cutomer service) - here it is again:

Call 1-800-375-LATE

Steps:

1. Press 1 for English.
2. Press 2 for existing case.
3. Press 6 for case status.
4. Press 1 for known case status.
5. Punch case number which would be your 485 case number.
6. Listen till end of message.
7. At the end - listen instructions and press 3.
8. Press 4.

Following this - there will be a wait of 10 sec to 1 minute. Then you will be connected to VSC.

Thanks!

Thanks to MA_Labor, singhnsingh, no_id, nivasch, docneedsdoc, karurama, vicky007, onrd2gc, majestix, TazoChai, gcalb and all other members.

MA_Labor,
Yes, I am really feeling lucky today!

Singhnsingh,
I did reply to your PM, let me know if you need anything else. I will be glad to help.

no_id,
I am really not going anywhere, you may have read my other thread, I am right here, trying to help others, as much I can. I really cannot repay what this forum has given me, but will try my best to help others.

patnams,
Thanks for updating the tracker, good luck for your approval!

nivasch,
May be USCIS is waiting for your ND to be close to published date, otherwise you seem to be all set for approval, Best of Luck!

docneedsdoc,
Looks like your case is also set for approval shortly, Best of Luck!
You are right about UN, he is great!

karurama,
Your attorney will receive the receipt notice (and number) for your 290 B and should get within 2 weeks after mailing. You can ask your employer to track the $110/- check that you sent with 290B, it will have receipt # on the back. I will shortly post answer to your other question after going thru my other threads on 485 reopen issue.

vicky007,
Best of luck for your 485 approval!

onrd2gc,
Enjoy your new card, hope I get mine soon too.

majestix,
Look like some one working on your case, best of luck!

2002labor,
Congratulation!

MA_Labor said:
Congratulations! You lucky you.

JK,
Thanks for your info. I did speak with the VSC rep. He said that the case is pending and asked me to wait for some more days since they are still processing May 2004 cases.

He did not mention anything like name check pending, visa on hold etc. he said they have recieved everrything( fp etc)

gc_vsc

Jharkhandi said:
That is not sufficient info.

Anyway some people have asked me how to contact VSC(and not talk to USCIS cutomer service) - here it is again:

Call 1-800-375-LATE

Steps:

1. Press 1 for English.
2. Press 2 for existing case.
3. Press 6 for case status.
4. Press 1 for known case status.
5. Punch case number which would be your 485 case number.
6. Listen till end of message.
7. At the end - listen instructions and press 3.
8. Press 4.

Following this - there will be a wait of 10 sec to 1 minute. Then you will be connected to VSC.

ravikanth_b said:
Hi Guys,

As I mentioned earlier in my post, i got an RFE on my 485.

One of the query is on W2's/Tax returns for last two years. My salary for last two years doens't match exactly with the amount mentioned on the LC except for last two months. What are the consequences of this? How do we handle such situation? I know some of the members were in that position and got the GC approved. I'd appriciate if they can tell me what kind of stratergy they followed. Is there any way I can contact and take help from UnitedNations ?

GJK the 'saviour', can you give me some pointers please?

thanks.

EB2 Labor substitution
Labor PD: 11/14/2000
I-140/I-485 concurrent filing:
I-140/I-485 ND: 05/11/2004
Finger Printing ND: 02/14/2005 Scheduled on 02/25/05 FP done:02/25/2005
I-140 AD: 04/22/2005 (after phone call from employer to USCIS)
I-485 AD: ????? LUD on 02/28/2005 no message change ,2nd LUD on 03/01/2005(msg change for FP),
3rd LUD on 04/21/2005 after status enquiry of my case, no msg change
4th LUD(RFE,EVL, last 2 months pay stubs, last 2yrs W2's/Tax Returns) 04/28/2005

Recd your email too. Posting here so that it benefits everyone.

In 485 adjudication, W2 and tax return is not asked for ability to pay. Your company has already shown that and that is why your 140 is approved! Just send W2 and tax returns and take a nap. It is status check - that is all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rfe

JK & other Gurus!!!!! please help

My Message Changed as follows
-------------------------------
On April 20, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
----------------------------------

I had my address changed on April 12. Other than that I have not requested any information.

What does this message change indicate?

bichari said:
JK & other Gurus!!!!! please help

My Message Changed as follows
-------------------------------
On April 20, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
----------------------------------

I had my address changed on April 12. Other than that I have not requested any information.

What does this message change indicate?

Address change is the reason. Don't worry.