2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

140 RFE processing

Hi Jharkhandi,

I need your help...I called the National customer service center to change my address on my case and got a nice and friendly gentleman. He took down my info and I asked him if he could shed some light on my pending I-140. I told him that it was filed 22Nov04 and RFE was sent on Feb05 which was replied on 22Apr05 and I got 3 quick LUD-s in succession. After the LUD-s there has been no change for over 1 week now. He told me that my employer should call and find out as it seems that it has been put under the "piles" - those were his exact words.

My employer called the next day (yes they are helpful :) ) and a rep then told them to wait for 90 days before making queries as that is the minimum time that it should remain dormant if it will.

Is there anything I can do - call back or have the employer call back or just wait?

:confused:
Roni

karurama said:
Eric,

Congratulations.Enjoy the time.

Eric, Our I140 also denied on Edu. Evl. and we submitted 290 B on 28th april and as per tracking number received on 29th april. How long it took to change get NDate after mailing.
Is my attorney is going to get one receipt number? or any type of acknowledgement?

What is the procedure to become 485 active.Once USCIS receives 290B , the 485 will become resumed.And also is it possible to extend secondary applicant H1 to 8th year based on 485 pending? We are running out of 7 th year H1 by July end.

Once again Congratulation and have a freedom.

Thanks
Karunakar( Om Sai Ram)
Thanks!
Once your MTR is accepted, your 485 will reopen. Once your 485 reopens, your dependent 485 should automatically reopen, if not, please go thru my following thread that discuss about spouse 485 case not re-open automatically. Let me know if you have more questions on that:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=167581

You wrote "secondary applicant H1 to 8th yr." If you meant H4, then sure you can apply for 8th year H4 extension based on your H1 8th year ext.
If you really meant dependent H1, then it is not possible unless they are independently eligible for 8th yr ext. based on their own LC or 140 filed more than 365 days ago.

Remember to attach your MTR receipt also with your application to extend H1/H4 for the 8th yr.
Best of Luck!

JK

Thanks for the reply that the message change indicates the address change request.

Is this a RFE or do I have to respond to it?

Hi Jharkandi,
In our cases,what date we should consider as 485 approved date for filing citizenship( ofcourse long way to go)?

Jharkhandi said:
No idea. I think itec is first one to get it and I will wait for his post! But surely it is in error, approved GC cannot be approved again.

saffronizeddesi said:
After 6 to 7 unsuccessful attempts, I had my status check done and it is pending! :p I would suggest not to nag the representative. They will ask you what the emergency is? Ofcourse It will be hard to convince the rep that you are calling because of an emergency. Rep told me that they are receiving huge number of calls regarding namecheck and they do not consider it as emergency. Good luck!

This is another reason to avoid making un-necessary calls to USCIS and FBI for FP status, unless it is absolutely necessary.

congrat to you, eric!

EricS said:
I am very happy to share this news with all of you that by the grace of GOD, my 485 is approved!

I got the emails this morning, 05/05/05, that my 485 was approved on 5/4/2005 and a new card has been ordered.

Please see the following thread for more details:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1139850#post1139850

Congratulations to you, Eric! I read your story in the long message, and I am deeply moved. Good luck to you and your wife! Best wishes,

I agree! I'm from CT too and waiting:

I-485 ND: 8/11/2004
FP done: 3/29/2005
FP LUD1: 3/30, LUD2: 4/11 (msg chng), LUD3: 4/15
AD:???

outsider9 said:
I don't know how far this is true but for some reason for CT/MA people it is taking more time to get 485 approvals. Darn it, we pay more taxes on top of it this tooo..

Hi Roni,

Don't worry about your 140 RFE. I am also on the same boat. My feeling is that you will get your approval by end of this month(May2005). It usually takes 30 to 40 days once you reply to RFE.

Thanks

ronbans said:
Hi Jharkhandi,

I need your help...I called the National customer service center to change my address on my case and got a nice and friendly gentleman. He took down my info and I asked him if he could shed some light on my pending I-140. I told him that it was filed 22Nov04 and RFE was sent on Feb05 which was replied on 22Apr05 and I got 3 quick LUD-s in succession. After the LUD-s there has been no change for over 1 week now. He told me that my employer should call and find out as it seems that it has been put under the "piles" - those were his exact words.

My employer called the next day (yes they are helpful :) ) and a rep then told them to wait for 90 days before making queries as that is the minimum time that it should remain dormant if it will.

Is there anything I can do - call back or have the employer call back or just wait?

:confused:
Roni
You will have to wait and as RC pointed out it would take 40-60 days in usual circumstances that your 140 will be done.

My lawyer sucks !!!

My labor got cleared from New York and he prepared all documents for TEXAS service center. Can you even file in TEXAS if you live in new york and your labor got cleared from NY. Or say can anyone from Texas file in vermount for 140 and 485?

I am totally confused...Please help

Yes, We did in VSC

das_go said:
My labor got cleared from New York and he prepared all documents for TEXAS service center. Can you even file in TEXAS if you live in new york and your labor got cleared from NY. Or say can anyone from Texas file in vermount for 140 and 485?

I am totally confused...Please help

First of all why your attorney wants to apply in Texas center as your labor got clear from NY and you are living in NY and I think your company might have office in NY.

Our labor got cleared in Atlanta, and when we filed our 140/485 applications in Texas , they sent it back and asked to submit in VSC.

I think this information may helps you!

Thanks
Karunrama(Om Sai Ram)

Last edited by a moderator:
assur said:
It was my question..... What are you talking about???????????????
Read 100 Times Before You Read My Posting...OK.

Dude.. the presumption in patnams original posting was that people in this forum are familiar with tracker and software terminology. If you did not understand what he meant you could have been more polite and specific in your question, posting something totally unrelated does not serve any purpose.

Thanks

karurama said:
First of all why your attorney wants to apply in Texas center as your labor got clear from NY and you are living in NY and I think your company might have office in NY.

Our labor got cleared in Atlanta, and when we filed our 140/485 applications in Texas , they sent it back and asked to submit in VSC.

I think this information may helps you!

Thanks
Karunrama(Om Sai Ram)

Prediction please

Hi folks,
I got my LUD change on 4/11 to finger print results have been received and processing has resumed. I have done my FP (Code 3) on 3/25 and my 485 ND is 12/15. Sub labor based I140 was approved in november after a month. Any idea when I may get the magic emails? What's name check and if I get the fingerprint results received message does that mean there is no check or not?
Thank you all.