2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

jd_mass said:
Folks,

When should I call FBI to see if name check is completed?

Should I first wait for "FP results received" LUD & message and then wait about 2-weeks or so and before calling FBI?

Or should I call them now - since i know that FBI has sent FP results back to USCIS.

Thanks,

Wait for 7-10 days and if you don't get FP message recvd then call them.

Thank you Erics.
I am keeping my fingers crossed.
EricS said:
Not a Guru but this is my take on it.
May be this is just a co-incidence. The LUD on your 485 is due to FP and LUD on 140 is due to upcoming approval of 140. If it was LUD on both 140 and 485 on same days, then there might be a link, but your 485 LUD is only 4/8.

Need Info

Hi,
I did receive my FP notice 1st week of last month(March) scheduled for 26th March at Newark. Since I was about to leave US to visit India I sent an letter for rescheduling the FP after 16th April and got the acknowledgement letter back. It is almost a month they (at Newark) received the rescheduling request and so far I did not receive any further letter from them.
Gurus please let me know how long generally it takes to reschedule an appointment. Or what I should do now…Shall I wait little more or I should enquire(where I do not know) about it. Please advise.

Thanks,
Oajnabi

Jharkhandi and senior members - need help in understanding Alternate charegability

I read the following at Murhty.com
Alternate Chargeability Available
©MurthyDotCom
Applicants are instructed to indicate on their applications if they are permitted to use Alternate Chargeability, which is to be counted against the visa numbers for a country other than the one where the applicant was born. This rule permits children to be charged to their parents' country of birth, but does not permit parents to be charged to their children's country of birth. Further, an accompanying or following-to-join spouse may be charged to the principal applicant's country of birth, but the principal applicant cannot be charged to an accompanying or following-to-join spouse's country of birth.

Can I use this since both my parents were not born in India, whereas I am from India.

Thanks
gc_vsc

gc_vsc said:
I read the following at Murhty.com
Alternate Chargeability Available
©MurthyDotCom
Applicants are instructed to indicate on their applications if they are permitted to use Alternate Chargeability, which is to be counted against the visa numbers for a country other than the one where the applicant was born. This rule permits children to be charged to their parents' country of birth, but does not permit parents to be charged to their children's country of birth. Further, an accompanying or following-to-join spouse may be charged to the principal applicant's country of birth, but the principal applicant cannot be charged to an accompanying or following-to-join spouse's country of birth.

Can I use this since both my parents were not born in India, whereas I am from India.

Thanks
gc_vsc
You can use it if your derivative beneficiaries are not born in India, China or Philippines(wife/kids). Ofcourse derivative beneficiaries should not be US citizen either.

oajnabi said:
Hi,
I did receive my FP notice 1st week of last month(March) scheduled for 26th March at Newark. Since I was about to leave US to visit India I sent an letter for rescheduling the FP after 16th April and got the acknowledgement letter back. It is almost a month they (at Newark) received the rescheduling request and so far I did not receive any further letter from them.
Gurus please let me know how long generally it takes to reschedule an appointment. Or what I should do now…Shall I wait little more or I should enquire(where I do not know) about it. Please advise.

Thanks,
Oajnabi

I tried to do an Early fingerprint at Alexandria,VA, I had some plans at the time of FP appointment, they told me you can come any time after the FP appointment date without re-schedule. I don't know if Newark center has the same rule. Give it a try if you still have the FP notice.

Alternate chareability

Jharkhandi said:
You can use it if your derivative beneficiaries are not born in India, China or Philippines(wife/kids). Ofcourse derivative beneficiaries should not be US citizen either.

Thanks for your quick response. But my wife is from India and my son is a US citizen.

Is their a detail documentation about it anywhere.

Thanks
gc_vsc

Looks like a mass update by USCIS. I also received two emails with the message about "FP recevied and case resumed". See signature. Am I close ??

Urgent Question......

Gurus,

I am planning to switch my employer. This is the situation I am in.

I have completed 180 Days after filing 485. My employer had sent me an email that my 140 has been approved before I filed for my I485. One more parameter is that my employer has a policy of revoking H1 after EAD approval so my assumtion is that my H1 has been revoked by now.

My future employer is suggesting that in addition to AC21 they want to file my H1 as well as a safety net.

1> Has anybody been in this situation.?

2> Will filing for my H1 affect my 485 status?

3> Any other thing that I should be worried about in this situation?

Thanks

chan99 said:
I got 6 emails for me, my wife and son saying our 485 has been approved on April 13th, 2005

Thanks to everybody for your help. This Forum is great and all the people in this forum are great.

Thanks,
Chan99

Congratulations!
And thanks everybody for the warm words!

Help please

Hello Guys

I need help. My 140 is approved and its been almost 10 months since my 485 is pending. I have got this great job from a start up company. The company is been around only 2 years and its VC funded company.

Does it matter what company I go to using AC21?

Please suggest. I have to decide quickly

Thanks a lot.

Jharkhandi and others.... Please respond...

Thanks for knowledge sharing. I have two questions and need expert advice badly. Recently I left the employer who filed I140 & I485. It is so difficult to predict the timing whether I should file AC21 or wait to see the approval coming without it.

(1) What you suggest I should file AC21 now or wait?
(2) What is the risk of not informing the USCIS at all?

Please some advice!!!

Thanks in advance

PD:-EB3-SUB-Dec. 1998
140/485/EAD/AP=>ND:-06/30/04
EAD-AD:-09/10/04
AP-AD:-10/07/04
140-AD:-11/18/04
485:- ????? :confused:
FP:-Completed.Date:- 04/07/05
1st LUD#04/07/05
2nd LUD#04/08/05

Similar situation

VAPALabor said:
Hello Guys

I need help. My 140 is approved and its been almost 10 months since my 485 is pending. I have got this great job from a start up company. The company is been around only 2 years and its VC funded company.

Does it matter what company I go to using AC21?

Please suggest. I have to decide quickly

Thanks a lot.

I am in the similar situation. My lawyer suggested switching to a company where they can support your AC21 application. In other words the new company must meet/exceed salary, match/exceed skill requirements, they have enough employees and good financial standing. I don’t think it matters whether the company is funded by VC or other means.

On the other side it doesn't matter too much at this stage after 10 months what company you join but it is better to be conservative with USCIS. Other experts can provide you additional insight that will you decide further. Good luck

===============================================
PD:-EB3-SUB-Dec. 1998
140/485/EAD/AP=>ND:-06/30/04
EAD-AD:-09/10/04
AP-AD:-10/07/04
140-AD:-11/18/04
485:- ?????
FP:-Completed. Date:- 04/07/05
1st LUD#04/07/05
2nd LUD#04/08/05

I 140 approved

Hi all,

After almost a month of wait after we replied for the RFE, I got the mail yesterday that I 140 is approved :D . I wish everyone else good luck who are in the same boat as I was. Now, I am into the next wait category.

karan29 and GCMental - what is holding up your cases?

Looks like there has not been much activity in terms of LUDs, since FP date last year. Do you know why? Is it due to name check by FBI?

Typically 2 LUDs are seen in case of Code 3 FP in a matter of couple of days after FP. Were your FP of the Code 3 type?

Did you get a "FP received message" and LUD from USCIS site? If not, did you try calling FBI or USCIS to see if there is an issue?

Just want to understand the various pitfalls, where one's case can get stuck after FP and what steps one can take to overcome them.

Thanks,

Maasss....mmmmmmmMasss...

Hey Mass,
After FP is done in September, 485 LUD changed to FP recieved and another LUD changed during 140 approval and then one more change after a week.
But Status "FP recieved remained the same".
I contacted FBI three days ago and they mentioned that my finger printing was done and sent to INS immediately as per the dates shown.
Does it mean my Name check is done or is there any other process for name check? How can we find where to know about this name check process?

Please advise.
How to call USCIS or any other for knowing any issues?

I am becoming mad with this waiting period. I have a very good job offer waiting for a month now.