2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Thankyou all for the good wishes.

I have a question -
In mine and my wifes case, the message said card ordered.
In my sons case it says, approval notice sent. No mention of card.
Does anyone have a similar experience.
How/When do I get a card for my son?

Thanks

jd_mass said:
I tried calling the FBI to find out my FP status. I called
304-625-2406 option 2 and 3.

But a live person picked up before I could punch in the options. She directed me to another location which had a recorded message but no options.

Is the above number wrong or should I wait till after-hours to bypass live person?

JD,
I spoke to a live person...You have to give them your A# (found on the rh corner of the fingerprinting receipt notice) and they will tell you the status of the case

you are also in the queue of getting approval

all the best and hope you'll get soon

sowhat said:
JD,
I spoke to a live person...You have to give them your A# (found on the rh corner of the fingerprinting receipt notice) and they will tell you the status of the case

congratulations!!!

chan99 said:
I got 6 emails for me, my wife and son saying our 485 has been approved on April 13th, 2005

Thanks to everybody for your help. This Forum is great and all the people in this forum are great.

Thanks,
Chan99

Visa Date Predictions for FY2006!

Just saw this on Murthy.com :mad:

An American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) conference was held in Washington DC, on April 11, 2005. There representatives from the highest levels of the government dealing with immigration law issues met with leading immigration lawyers to exchange information and have an informative discussion on various business immigration issues.

Fostering a spirit of learning, we at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy have chosen to share most of the information from that conference with our readers. The exchange of ideas among attorneys and the government is a mutually beneficial and symbiotic relationship. Several attorneys from The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. were active both in the planning and the implementation of this conference. Attorney Sheela Murthy was a speaker as well as moderator of the panel on Business Visas for Professionals, where Robert Divine, the Chief Counsel of the USCIS, and Efren Hernandez, Branch Chief, Policy and Programs at USCIS, had a lively discussion on important issues like the 20,000 H1Bs, E-1s, L-1s, and B-1s in lieu of H1Bs. Attorney Aron Finkelstein from our Office was Vice Chair of the organizing committee for this conference and helped in inviting several of the speakers. Attorney Anastasia Laou, also from The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, assisted on another panel for the conference. It was an excellent conference and we are glad for this opportunity to share the latest information to help our clients and other MurthyDotCom and MURTHYBULLETIN readers.

Retrogression Predictions

A senior level official from the U.S. Department of State (DOS), Mr. Charles Oppenheim, primarily responsible for retrogression and priority dates, shared his predictions of the movement of visa numbers and retrogression for the upcoming fiscal year. As many of you may know, the DOS is responsible for tracking visa number usage and availability, and releasing the monthly Visa Bulletin that indicates visa number availability based on priority dates. Readers unfamiliar with retrogression should review our September 24, 2004 MURTHYBULLETIN article, "Priority Dates May Retrogress" <http://www.murthy.com/news/n_pridat.html>, and our December 10, 2004 NewsFlash, "Employment Visa Numbers Retrogress!" <http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_121004.html>, both available on MurthyDotCom.

EB2 Retrogression Expected in FY2006

Mr. Oppenheim indicated that, based on currently available data, he believes the Employment-Based Second Preference (EB2) category for certain members of the professions holding advance degrees or persons of exceptional ability will not likely retrogress for the remainder of the current fiscal year. He does expect retrogression to occur in EB2 for nationals of mainland China and India starting sometime in fiscal year (FY) 2006 (October 1, 2005 through September 30, 2006). The predicted EB2 retrogression is not expected until the latter half of FY2006. The affected countries will likely only be India and mainland China, not the Philippines in the EB2 category.

EB3 Retrogression Expected to Continue

The Employment-Based Third Preference Other Worker (EB3 - OW) category for semi-skilled and unskilled workers is likely to continue to retrogress further since demand in this category is apt to increase. The number of immigrant visas available will be reduced from 10,000 to only 5,000 due to usage under NACARA.

There is better news on the EB3 Skilled / Professional Worker category, which is more relevant for most MurthyDotCom and MURTHYBULLETIN readers. The EB3 is for those in positions where the job duties require a minimum of either a bachelor's degree or at least two years of experience. This category, which experienced retrogression starting on January 1, 2005 for persons from India, mainland China, and the Philippines, should continue to see forward movement in the priority dates.

Mr. Oppenheim shared in advance that the May 2005 Visa Bulletin is expected to show that persons who have priority dates before June 1, 2002, will be able to file an I-485 application to adjust status or pursue consular processing beginning May 1, 2005. The DOS is working carefully to try to prevent any further EB3 retrogressions for now.

EB1 No Retrogression Expected

Mr. Oppenheim believes that, based on current and expected usage, EB1 cases are not expected to retrogress at any point in the foreseeable future. EB1 is for "priority workers" who fit within the category of extraordinary ability, outstanding professor / researcher or certain Multinational Executives / Managers.

Conclusion

This summary of the anticipated movement of dates from the DOS's most authoritative source on this issue will help MurthyDotCom and MURTHYBULLETIN readers to plan and strategize. We at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy invest in learning and sharing information with those who need to understand the complexities of U.S. immigration law.

Thanks Duggils1

Thanks Duggils1. You will get your approvals very soon.

duggils1 said:
Chan99,
Congratulations!!!
I have almost the same ND's for my I140 (I think it's 4/26/04 and AD 10/06/04) and I485 (6/1/04).
Mine is also a labor sub (PD 1997).
The only difference is that I did my FP on 3/23/05 (10 days later than the scheduled date). LUD w/ FP msg on 3/31/05

I'm finding it hard to function with all my legs, hands and fingers crossed ;)

FBI name check

Hi Guys,
pls help with this issue. My BIL applied for Gc long time ago sometime in 2000 or 1999 and waited to apply for 485 till he got married last may. He got his EAD,AP in Aug 2004 and also he did his FP an dthe results were received by USCIS by Sep 2004. But after that there is no news though the UCSIS is processing oct 2004 applications for 485 and my BILs' 485 date is July 2004.(He is from California center)
Pls tell us what to do and how to chk?
Is there a way to chk FBI name check status?
Anyhelp wld be appreciated.
BTW, Pls update the tracker with my info.I am from Vermont center ... I finished my FP on APril5th and 1 LUD on Apr 6th.

sowhat said:
JD,
I also called this number just now and talked to a live person who transferred me to the voice mail and asked me to press option 3 and spoke to a rep and after giving her my A# was told that they were sent on the same day Hope this helps others

Thanks SENTHIL MURUGESAN

There was no change in LUD on my case after FP Message Received LUD. I also wondered and worried. I didn't see any change in LUDS till this morning 9 AM(I checked at my home). After coming to office I Opened my email at 10.20 AM and saw magic emails and LUD is 04/14/2005. Some other cases are also similar to my case. But when my 140 approved I have seen three LUDS (for three days) before approval (I worried very much for change in these LUDs) and then Approval LUD (fourth day). By God’s grace everything went smooth.

I think you need not to worry about LUDs.

thanks,
Chan99

SENTHIL MURUGESAN said:
Congrates Chan99
Itec, Jk Gurus

This is really interstign , I was expecting a LUD after Message recived LUD , and then another LUD for approvel . In chan Case Last Update was Message recivied and then staaight approvel on 4/14/2005 .

Mine I was expecting a LUD yesterday , But not happening after Message reived Update .Please throw your insight Jis

senthil

Friends,

1. my EB3 labor Pd 1 oct 04 and labor approved. Some one said if I apply I-140 i will get it by 3 / 4 months. with my labor pd what will be the date to apply I-485 (APX), after 2 years...10 years.

please help me friends...

brs2004 said:
Friends,

1. my EB3 labor Pd 1 oct 04 and labor approved. Some one said if I apply I-140 i will get it by 3 / 4 months. with my labor pd what will be the date to apply I-485 (APX).

please help me friends...

you can file your 140 ,but no one clearly knows about approval within 3 or 4 months
all the best for your 140 application

Thanks sowhat

I followed your advice and found out that FBI sent my FP results back to USCIS on the same day of FP (4/13).

gc_vsc,
interesting to note what DOS thinks about EB2 retrogression in FY06. I would not have expected this to happen. Anyways, I hope EB2 members of this forum (2004 filers) would all get approved before this EB2 retrogression comes into effect.

Cheers,

jd_mass said:
Congratulations to chan and usagc.
Hopefully, there are many more approvals in the coming days.

I completed my FP on 4/13 and had one LUD on 4/13 and another one on 4/14.

I tried calling the FBI to find out my FP status. I called
304-625-2406 option 2 and 3.

But a live person picked up before I could punch in the options. She directed me to another location which had a recorded message but no options.

Is the above number wrong or should I wait till after-hours to bypass live person?

try 304-625-5590 option 3

We did our FP on 04/13 and saw the first LUD on 04/14. I say wait for a few days. Question to other members, When does FBI receive finger printing records? Does it happen immediately after we are done with our FP?

its somewhat good news that in may 2005, PD for EB3 will move to June 1,2002 from April 1,2002

all the best for everyone who are waiting for approvals

gc_vsc said:

An American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) conference was held in Washington DC, on April 11, 2005. There representatives from the highest levels of the government dealing with immigration law issues met with leading immigration lawyers to exchange information and have an informative discussion on various business immigration issues.

Fostering a spirit of learning, we at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy have chosen to share most of the information from that conference with our readers. The exchange of ideas among attorneys and the government is a mutually beneficial and symbiotic relationship. Several attorneys from The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. were active both in the planning and the implementation of this conference. Attorney Sheela Murthy was a speaker as well as moderator of the panel on Business Visas for Professionals, where Robert Divine, the Chief Counsel of the USCIS, and Efren Hernandez, Branch Chief, Policy and Programs at USCIS, had a lively discussion on important issues like the 20,000 H1Bs, E-1s, L-1s, and B-1s in lieu of H1Bs. Attorney Aron Finkelstein from our Office was Vice Chair of the organizing committee for this conference and helped in inviting several of the speakers. Attorney Anastasia Laou, also from The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, assisted on another panel for the conference. It was an excellent conference and we are glad for this opportunity to share the latest information to help our clients and other MurthyDotCom and MURTHYBULLETIN readers.

A senior level official from the U.S. Department of State (DOS), Mr. Charles Oppenheim, primarily responsible for retrogression and priority dates, shared his predictions of the movement of visa numbers and retrogression for the upcoming fiscal year. As many of you may know, the DOS is responsible for tracking visa number usage and availability, and releasing the monthly Visa Bulletin that indicates visa number availability based on priority dates. Readers unfamiliar with retrogression should review our September 24, 2004 MURTHYBULLETIN article, "Priority Dates May Retrogress" <http://www.murthy.com/news/n_pridat.html>, and our December 10, 2004 NewsFlash, "Employment Visa Numbers Retrogress!" <http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_121004.html>, both available on MurthyDotCom.

Mr. Oppenheim indicated that, based on currently available data, he believes the Employment-Based Second Preference (EB2) category for certain members of the professions holding advance degrees or persons of exceptional ability will not likely retrogress for the remainder of the current fiscal year. He does expect retrogression to occur in EB2 for nationals of mainland China and India starting sometime in fiscal year (FY) 2006 (October 1, 2005 through September 30, 2006). The predicted EB2 retrogression is not expected until the latter half of FY2006. The affected countries will likely only be India and mainland China, not the Philippines in the EB2 category.

The Employment-Based Third Preference Other Worker (EB3 - OW) category for semi-skilled and unskilled workers is likely to continue to retrogress further since demand in this category is apt to increase. The number of immigrant visas available will be reduced from 10,000 to only 5,000 due to usage under NACARA.

There is better news on the EB3 Skilled / Professional Worker category, which is more relevant for most MurthyDotCom and MURTHYBULLETIN readers. The EB3 is for those in positions where the job duties require a minimum of either a bachelor's degree or at least two years of experience. This category, which experienced retrogression starting on January 1, 2005 for persons from India, mainland China, and the Philippines, should continue to see forward movement in the priority dates.

Mr. Oppenheim shared in advance that the May 2005 Visa Bulletin is expected to show that persons who have priority dates before June 1, 2002, will be able to file an I-485 application to adjust status or pursue consular processing beginning May 1, 2005. The DOS is working carefully to try to prevent any further EB3 retrogressions for now.

Mr. Oppenheim believes that, based on current and expected usage, EB1 cases are not expected to retrogress at any point in the foreseeable future. EB1 is for "priority workers" who fit within the category of extraordinary ability, outstanding professor / researcher or certain Multinational Executives / Managers.

Conclusion

This summary of the anticipated movement of dates from the DOS's most authoritative source on this issue will help MurthyDotCom and MURTHYBULLETIN readers to plan and strategize. We at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy invest in learning and sharing information with those who need to understand the complexities of U.S. immigration law.

FP experience at Alexandria Service Center

My schedule was @ 04/14 11:00 am . I reached there at 10:00, a lady at the entrance of the parking lot asked me to go back a return at 11:00. I returned back at 10:30. A line of 75 people some of them for 10:00 and 11:00 . I entered the office at 12:15 ; 55 people were ahead of me. At 1:00 pm I did the fingerprints and biometrics during 10 minutes; all the procedure is computerized. I recommend for those want to go the this center to go 30 minutes before the appointment not at early morning.

gc_vsc said:

Conclusion

Hi gc_vsc, can you give the url for this news-article?

Regards

Fast approval comes with a price ... read it

Guys

I posted on April 11th that I got my I-485 approved. Few things have happened since. Here are the details. May be it helps some one some time.

1. on April 1st did my finger printing at NEWARK, NJ
2. Lud on April 1st and again on April 4th
None of the above Lud's changed any message.
3. on April 11th got 1-485 approval emails with out the message change of
finger printing recieved and the message on USCIS web site changed to
I-485 approved.
4. On April 12th got the mail for card ordered
Now the fun starts
5. On april 13th got mail for finger print results recieved and processing
resumed. I had no idea whats going on .... Wrote to guru JK and he
suggested me to wait for the approval documents to come and then call
the service center. I thought let me wait for that. Cudnt sleep last night.
6. Finally today April 14th got 4 sweet emails with the following contents. Hopefully I can sleep properly now.
Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On April 14, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the
applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you
have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your
address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service
Center at (800) 375-5283.

--------------------------------------------------
Category - EB1 - Multinational executive
I-140 recipt date - April 14th 2004
I-485/131/765 - May 18th 2004