2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

nivasch said:
Jk and Gurus,
I done FP on 03/26/05 and as of now only TWO Luds changed but no Msg change..I called FBI and told me that they sent out Result on same day 03/26/05(Sat.day).
Did FBI works on Sat.day too ??
And should i call INS to figure out the status or should i wait?
Please help me here.
Thanks,
Nivas
Wait for good news soon. All the best.

FP Done @ Newark, NJ

We got our FP done @ Newark, NJ. The scheduled time was 9:00 AM EST but just to beat the crowd we (my wife and me) went there @ 6:30 AM. Please don't call us nuts as, believe it or not, there were already 20 people ahead of us. Ours was code 3.

We were just asked to produce the license and the original FP notice, although we had taken quite a lot of stuff like EAD, 485 notice, etc with us. For people who don't remember their SSN, please take your SSN cards also.
At the 1st FP counter, they took the the FP of the right hand index finger, digital signature, and digital photo. At the 2nd FP counter, they took FP of all the 10 fingers. After doing the FP someone was called to do the QA of the finger-prints, after which they stamped our original FP notice and gave it back to us. Our FP was completed by 8:35 AM.

Parking:
I parked in the parking lot which is on the junction of Commerce St and Mulberry Drive. The parking attendant comes only @ 7:00 but u can park earlier also. The rates are $8 for 1 hour, $10 for 2 hours and $12 for 3 hours. For people who are coming by train, it's only 7-8 minutes walk from the Newark Penn Station. For people coming after 8:00-8:30, I would advise them to take the train as getting a parking might be difficult.

Cracked/Dry fingers:
I would advise such people to start using "Corn Huskers Lotion", available @ any Pharmacy, at least 2-3 weeks before the scheduled FP date. That's the lotion that the officials apply on your hands before taking FP. I had read somewhere on this forum earlier about that lotion also.

People With Kids:
I would advise them to take the strollers for sure. The wait might be long, depending on the time you go.

USCIS at work (slowly... but surely)

It did seem very quiet at USCIS yesterday as not a lot of activities happened to a lot of people but this morning I got an e-mail at 8:15am saying that they mailed the card directly to me.
After the "... Card was ordered..." message on 4/4/05, there was another LUD change on 4/5/05 with no msg change and nothing happened yesterday(4/6) and this morning, there was the e-mail notice. It worked better than a cup of my morning coffee to wake me up!! :D
looks like it usually takes between 2-5 days for a card to be mailed after an approval/card ordered message.

To those who're waiting after FP, looking at the dates on the tracker, it takes between 2 weeks to 2 months for an approval to come after FP,
although some of you have been waiting longer, but if you're within that timeframe, you shouldn't worry too much. just let it sit for a little while and you'll see your awaited messages. let's stay positive... ;)

-cheers-

FYI - here's the message from USCIS.

Current Status:

On April 7, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

good info provided am_optimistic, it will help others who are going for FPs in newark,NJ
keep it up buddy

AM_OPTIMISTIC said:
We got our FP done @ Newark, NJ. The scheduled time was 9:00 AM EST but just to beat the crowd we (my wife and me) went there @ 6:30 AM. Please don't call us nuts as, believe it or not, there were already 20 people ahead of us. Ours was code 3.

We were just asked to produce the license and the original FP notice, although we had taken quite a lot of stuff like EAD, 485 notice, etc with us. For people who don't remember their SSN, please take your SSN cards also.
At the 1st FP counter, they took the the FP of the right hand index finger, digital signature, and digital photo. At the 2nd FP counter, they took FP of all the 10 fingers. After doing the FP someone was called to do the QA of the finger-prints, after which they stamped our original FP notice and gave it back to us. Our FP was completed by 8:35 AM.

Parking:
I parked in the parking lot which is on the junction of Commerce St and Mulberry Drive. The parking attendant comes only @ 7:00 but u can park earlier also. The rates are $8 for 1 hour, $10 for 2 hours and $12 for 3 hours. For people who are coming by train, it's only 7-8 minutes walk from the Newark Penn Station. For people coming after 8:00-8:30, I would advise them to take the train as getting a parking might be difficult.

Cracked/Dry fingers:
I would advise such people to start using "Corn Huskers Lotion", available @ any Pharmacy, at least 2-3 weeks before the scheduled FP date. That's the lotion that the officials apply on your hands before taking FP. I had read somewhere on this forum earlier about that lotion also.

People With Kids:
I would advise them to take the strollers for sure. The wait might be long, depending on the time you go.

HI Positive4GC ,
I am in a similar suituation to nivasch. Its been more than 2 weeks but no message update yet. Not sure what is going on. BTW what do you mean when you said "Wait for good news soon". Was it related with FP or related with Priority date. Thanks,

Hopefully nivasch get his approval soon. All the very best and let us know if you have a FP message update. Thanks

jolpot said:
you mean those who have not done BIOMETRICS.

No...

Friend of mine (Jan 2003 filer) did FP in Mar 2003 (140 Approval Feb 2003) then in 2nd FP in Aug 2004

In his case...
1. 140 approval in two months
2. 1 FP done in three months ; 2nd FP about 16 months
3. 485 approval after 18 months while he was standing in line for CP @mumbai :D (unlucky soul because he spend about 5k for CP ....)

So it is wrong to say that if your FP is done you will get approval in 30 days or within 3 months max. Because if you look 2005 filers , FP notices are send to most of them , many got 140 approval in 14 days and FP done in one two months. Do you think they will get 485 approval in 30 days or 3 months :confused:

zamq said:
good info provided am_optimistic, it will help others who are going for FPs in newark,NJ
keep it up buddy

Zamq,

Did you do your FP at Newark,NJ ?

I did mine on 03/29 at Newark,NJ and saw LUD on 03/30 ( i checked lud on 03/29 once .. not sure if it changed sometime late night and i missed it ).

iwannagreencard/Positive4GC,

Sure i will update you once i found any change in FP Status...
But do we need to call ""uscis" or not?
Thx

iwannagreencard said:
HI Positive4GC ,
I am in a similar suituation to nivasch. Its been more than 2 weeks but no message update yet. Not sure what is going on. BTW what do you mean when you said "Wait for good news soon". Was it related with FP or related with Priority date. Thanks,

Hopefully nivasch get his approval soon. All the very best and let us know if you have a FP message update. Thanks

no, i did it in New Rochelle,NY on 3/29/05
my lud changed on 3/29/05 and again on 3/30/05
after that no lud changes or no message ..

just waiting for some miracle to happen.

bhandus2004 said:
Zamq,

Did you do your FP at Newark,NJ ?

I did mine on 03/29 at Newark,NJ and saw LUD on 03/30 ( i checked lud on 03/29 once .. not sure if it changed sometime late night and i missed it ).

iwannagreencard said:
HI Positive4GC ,

Since nivasch's PD is 2/13/02, he should be getting an approval very soon. Even your PD is 06/02. So you can expect an approval soon. We may see a jump in the EB3 PDs from the bulletin next week, I wish you are approved in less than a month, hopefully. All the best.

nivasch said:
iwannagreencard/Positive4GC,

Sure i will update you once i found any change in FP Status...
But do we need to call ""uscis" or not?
Thx

Be patient. Hold on for another 10days and see if your status is not updated. Since they are processing Apr 2004 filers now, you can wait a little bit. It all depends on how soon your namecheck is processed. Once that is done, it won't wait too long. If you don't have too many filers before your PD and your RD, you should be all set to go this month itself.

Nothing better than encouraging words here in this forum. thats what i like the best. Hopefully everyone gets their green card quickly.

Thanks,itech,Positive4GC , nivasch

I tried calling USCIS but no use. I got the same answer what is available on web.

I think writing to fbi is a good idea after 4 weeks of your FP done as some one else said that it can take around 3-4 weeks to get the results. Hope it works in our case.

thanks again.

itec said:
Not to scare you....

many PPl have to give 2nd FP.

itec,
why are you trying to spread negativity and scare people. We all know VSC has picked up steam in the last couple of months and are approving cases within weeks after FP. In general, I have noticed a lot of change in your tone. You're trying to pile up on those poor souls who're concerned about delays in their case. Is it because your case has been approved and you feel invincible now? Don't get me wrong...I'm not trying to flame you or anything.

As it is, most of the folks who visit this forum are nervous Nellies. You don't need to link the messages of long waiting sufferers to prove your point. It would only add to nervousness in these good times of VSC working at breakneck speed. There have been tons of approvals lately.

cheers,
duggils1

duggils1 said:
itec,
why are you trying to spread negativity and scare people. We all know VSC has picked up steam in the last couple of months and are approving cases within weeks after FP. In general, I have noticed a lot of change in your tone. You're trying to pile up on those poor souls who're concerned about delays in their case. Is it because your case has been approved and you feel invincible now? Don't get me wrong...I'm not trying to flame you or anything.

As it is, most of the folks who visit this forum are nervous Nellies. You don't need to link the messages of long waiting sufferers to prove your point. It would only add to nervousness in these good times of VSC working at breakneck speed. There have been tons of approvals lately.

cheers,
duggils1

Dude,
I dont think there is any negativity there. He is just trying to help. For a case like mine, I have no idea as to what is happening as it is on hold for a long time now. There are a few fellas who are in the same boat. The case status inquiry yielded nothing... "under Service consideration". The FP results have been sent right away. I am trying to find out what is taking so long. I know you are frustrated so are we.

HI
I got the same email messege today morning .. so we dont need to go for stamping ..Cards will directly come to home..Please be informed once you get the cards ..
thanks
Kishu

wonderwoman said:
It did seem very quiet at USCIS yesterday as not a lot of activities happened to a lot of people but this morning I got an e-mail at 8:15am saying that they mailed the card directly to me.
After the "... Card was ordered..." message on 4/4/05, there was another LUD change on 4/5/05 with no msg change and nothing happened yesterday(4/6) and this morning, there was the e-mail notice. It worked better than a cup of my morning coffee to wake me up!! :D
looks like it usually takes between 2-5 days for a card to be mailed after an approval/card ordered message.

To those who're waiting after FP, looking at the dates on the tracker, it takes between 2 weeks to 2 months for an approval to come after FP,
although some of you have been waiting longer, but if you're within that timeframe, you shouldn't worry too much. just let it sit for a little while and you'll see your awaited messages. let's stay positive... ;)

-cheers-

FYI - here's the message from USCIS.

Current Status:

On April 7, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

longwait95 said:
Dude,
I dont think there is any negativity there. He is just trying to help. For a case like mine, I have no idea as to what is happening as it is on hold for a long time now. There are a few fellas who are in the same boat. The case status inquiry yielded nothing... "under Service consideration". The FP results have been sent right away. I am trying to find out what is taking so long. I know you are frustrated so are we.

I know itec has been helpful in the past but I agree with duggils1 on this one. There is no reason to talk about people who had to wait years to get their GC. It is a painful fact that all of us are aware of but why bring it up now. We are seeing approvals at amazing speeds and all of us hope this trend continues. To those who are in the queue it's quite an encouraging sign. There will be a few cases here and there that might get delayed but why pain a negative picture overall. Lets all be positive and upbeat about it.

Cheers!

BTW LONGWAIT95. Itec baba has an interesting theory about screen names. You might want to reconsider your.

Just kidding :p . I'm pretty sure your approval is on it's way.

Jharkhandi said:
It is too early for any meaningful guess work. Get FP done and then report LUDs.

P.S. The theory is registered to Professor itec.

MA_Labor,

I remember itec once mentioned that names do have effect on your approval. For example if name is IWILLWAITTENYEARS - one is made to wait eleven. So no_idEAS ... just kidding. :p

MA_Labor said:
BTW LONGWAIT95. Itec baba has an interesting theory about screen names. You might want to reconsider your.

Just kidding :p . I'm pretty sure your approval is on it's way.

so, if you have names like "need GC Now" or "Cant wait anymore", you get approvals in no time :)