2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

ers_md said:
Gurus,
I have been following this forum for a while and I have started to hear the term Infopass Appointment. Could anybody shed some light on it for the ones who don't know. What is an Infopass Appointment?
Thanks to everybody as always for all the contributions.
ers_md

After getting I-485 approval you have get stamp in the passport which is equivalent to GC. Once you get I-485 approval you have schedule an appointment with USICS for the stamping.

www.USCIS.gov on rightside you will find INFOPASS.

cooldude2k4 said:
I had a code 3 for my FP, but only my Finger prints were taken, no photo or signature. The status message was updated (for both) saying that they have received the FP results and resumed the case. Any thoughts?

thanks.

did you get any PM from M3G JK...(Jharkhandi) on your LUDS?

jolpot, how did you do early FP at BOSTON.
My wife and I are scheduled on Apr. 6th. But she has an important meeting that morning, so we might want to take an early FP. Did you just walk in?
Thanks in advance.

jolpot said:
Relax!

My sister did her FP on Mar 14th, there were no LUD Changes and this afternoon a full 8 days after FP, there was a message change...hold on and you will see message change in 2-3days.

As for the person asking abt code 3 at BOSTON ASC, YES, they are aware of what code 3 means and do everything right the first time...i have been there done that...hope this helps

Hi Jpanchal and all,

Update on LUD question to USCIS

I was busy in Meetings today . 6 hours of meeting in a 8hr work day .

I was able to try calling USCIS only once and was in queue for 25 mins. Had to leave for another meeting so called up my wife and asked her to try .

She managed to get through. The USCIS lady just told her the date of 485 status ie May18 RD and it will take another 2-3 months since currently Mar2004 is going on. When my wife enquired about FP not getting updated, USCIS lady told her she can't tell her anything related to FP results. We should write a letter to Vermont USCIS asking them to update the FP results in the database.

I dont know what we can do next. Let me know if someone got different answer.

By the way, we did our FP at San Jose . Are the remaining people also from this area. I guess all EAST coast people are getting FP messages updated.

Thanks

Perhaps my only FP on March 10 was not any good.

This morning after I went for a second time and completed code 3 biometrics and FP, I saw LUD (no message change) on my I-485 this evening.

Something probably was going on with this FP stuff. I feel much relieved now.

I-140 Approved

Happy to share the news that my I-140 has been approved.
Recieved the magic emails at 5:00 PM PST, I thought it was kinda interesting.
.. UCIS working overtime, eh? ;)
One more step to go :)

Last edited by a moderator:
rrjv said:
Happy to share the news that my I-140 has been approved.
Recieved the magic emails at 5:00 PM PST, I thought it was kinda interesting.
One more step to go :)

Congrats.. :D

Did you get the FP done?
:)

gc_hopefull said:
Hi Jpanchal and all,

I was able to try calling USCIS only once and was in queue for 25 mins. Had to leave for another meeting so called up my wife and asked her to try .

She managed to get through. The USCIS lady just told her the date of 485 status ie May18 RD and it will take another 2-3 months since currently Mar2004 is going on. When my wife enquired about FP not getting updated, USCIS lady told her she can't tell her anything related to FP results. We should write a letter to Vermont USCIS asking them to update the FP results in the database.

By the way, we did our FP at San Jose . Are the remaining people also from this area. I guess all EAST coast people are getting FP messages updated.

Thanks

You did only one mistake...You don't want to ask what was result of FP. You just have to ask whether USCIS received your FP results or not? They will tell you yes or no.

Call FBI and know when your results were sent to USCIS. I have seen couple of cases in which online message is no updated even though USICS has received FP results.

Call after one week because USCIS keeps records of all calls.

You are the man...I hate 3 hour meeting in a month and you spent 6 hours..

Congrats to all 485 approvals

Congrats to all 485 approvals.. Enjoy the freedom. :D

GJK, and other experienced GC train travellers, please keep checking this forum and help us go through this dark tunnel.

Seems like end of tunnel is near and we all will see the light very soon.

gc_hopefull said:

Thanks

We did our FP in San Jose ASC on 02/26/2005. All status messages are updated.

question regarding FP

Do we get a LUD change or change in the message once UCIS issue/sends Finger print notices ?

Something which says, we have send you finger print notice, bla bla bla....

Please let me know.

Thanks

need_green_card said:
Do we get a LUD change or change in the message once UCIS issue/sends Finger print notices ?
Please let me know.
Thanks
I can undersand your position. My 485 was also reopened after MTR.
Regarding your question, when USCIS sends FP, niether the LUD nor the message change.

need_green_card said:

Please let me know.

Thanks

Looks like NO.

itec said:
After getting I-485 approval you have get stamp in the passport which is equivalent to GC. Once you get I-485 approval you have schedule an appointment with USICS for the stamping.

www.USCIS.gov on rightside you will find INFOPASS.

itec, thanks for the info. Do we get this stamp because it takes time for the GC to arrive? Something to use until we have the real thing?? OR do we have to get it? I checked the link you have provided. It mentions that infopass is " if you have a complex situation and need an expert advice, then you schedule an appointment to get expert help"
thanks.

HaveToGetIt said:
Congrats.. :D

Did you get the FP done?
:)

Thanks. Yes, got it done on 2005-02-26. Message update on 2005-03-09. "On March 7, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, .. blah blah"

gc_hopefull said:
Hi Jpanchal and all,

Thanks

I did my FP in San Jose on 2/23. Mine and my wife's message got updated on 3/2. There was a subsequent LUD change on 3/3.