2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

thanks Jharkhandi & itec

thanks Jharkhandi & itec,

My PD is sep 2002. The reason i wanted to get done with FP early is for 2 reasons,

1) I will be in India during my scheduled fp date(apr 8).

2) I had read in many forums including Murthy.com that the latest procedure adopted by USCIS on FP is that an appliant gets scheduled for fingerprinting only when his/her 485 application is ready for approval which I beleive is done to avoid calling applicants for 2nd FPs...This is just me ..so,, who knows the curent procedure being adopted by USCIS

Strange are their ways....

I gave my FP today. But only my finger prints are taken by the center. I told them about my code 3 in the notice. But they said biometrics is not needed in my case and they are adamant about it. Please guys, give me a link so that I can take it to the local center and ask them to do it again.

Also, is it possible to give finger prints in one center and the remaining of biometrics in another center. Please respond ASAP, I want to settle this today.

thanks.

itec said:
*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: *****

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On March 8, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485
Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were
received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a
notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or
advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please
contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice
that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Junta clarification.....

4 emails this morning at the following time
2 emails: 8:01:04
2 emails: 8:01:29

If all the things go fine....GJK, ZAMQ, JP, KAMI99, ANRU, JAOCANADA, SP_201

bloreboy said:
thanks Jharkhandi & itec,

My PD is sep 2002. The reason i wanted to get done with FP early is for 2 reasons,

1) I will be in India during my scheduled fp date(apr 8).

2) I had read in many forums including Murthy.com that the latest procedure adopted by USCIS on FP is that an appliant gets scheduled for fingerprinting only when his/her 485 application is ready for approval which I beleive is done to avoid calling applicants for 2nd FPs...This is just me ..so,, who knows the curent procedure being adopted by USCIS

Strange are their ways....
Oh I am sorry. I guess you did send me pm/email but somehow it slipped out of my mind. Did you get a chance to go back to ASC with your flight tickets?

Do pm me your location and date when you will board your flight, if I find something meanwhile - I will let you know.

Ashhegde, I have almost similar situation as yours. LUD change on 140 - 02/24 and 02/25 and received RFE on 03/08.

Can any one share what the usual RFE's one receives?

Thanks,
AwaitingGC04

cooldude2k4 said:
I gave my FP today. But only my finger prints are taken by the center. I told them about my code 3 in the notice. But they said biometrics is not needed in my case and they are adamant about it. Please guys, give me a link so that I can take it to the local center and ask them to do it again.

Also, is it possible to give finger prints in one center and the remaining of biometrics in another center. Please respond ASAP, I want to settle this today.

thanks.

Take this print out

-------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Junta,

Many of you are wondering about Biometrics and FP....

On Friday I went to ASC (I went early) they did my finger prints only. During weekend I searched many fourms and I found the following information.

----------------

"Lately people have started receiving FP notice which also requires them to give biometrics info or they receive just biometrics notice if they have already given their FP recently.

1. Biometrics - This is basically required for printing EAD cards and GC plastic cards. INS officers take digital photographs, digital signature of the applicant, finger print of the right index finger,

2. Regular FP is basically used by FBI to perform name check, criminal records check etc. INS officers take finger prints of all 10 fingers.

After reading few threads and other member's responses, my understanding is like this. You can see one of the following code in your FP notice and it means as follows:

Code1 -> Regular Finger print

Code 2 -> Biometrics

Code 3 -> Both regular Finger Print and Biometrics

Please pay attention to the code on your notice. I guess this biometrics thing is fairly new so that even the staffs in ASC are not that familiar with them. Last week, I took my appointment notice (with code 2) to the ASC and they just did a regular fingerprint for me like months ago in my last fingerprints. Today, I read a couple of posts on the forum and realized that they might make a mistake. So I went back to the ASC and talked to them, fortunately they admitted the mistake and took the biometrics for me. Hopefully this won't cause more delay on my application."

---------------------------
today I went again for biometrics the lady at ASC told me they have missed to take my biometrics because I showed up early. She told me that daily they take print out of the schedule and check all the things before one leaves ASC. As I showed up early, no check list available for me. Moreover she mentioned that USCIS have changed notice format.

So make sure if you go early check the code in you FP notice. A line is clearly mentioned

"For this type of application you are required to take Biometrics"

Many thank to the people who have mentioned their expereince at ASC regarding fingerprints....and person who posted above comments after doing a lot of research....
--------------

Request t them to call other ASC or main center and confirm about code 3

I did not find any offical link for code 3 (USICS). I got the information from the fourms only. So request them to call other ASC and make sure what is code 3. And make sure you take this print out and show them.

Cool don't worry man you will be fine because they will encounter many code 3 in this week or next. They will be forced to do search on their own and will realize thier ignorance about code 3. And then you can approach for biometric. I think biometric is needed only for GC printing.

just wondering if anyone has experience of FP in Hartford ASC ? If anyone has completed it in Hartford, do they (the USCIS people) know what Code 3 means ? I don't want that to be another thing to worry about !

- Thanks in advance,
no_Ideas

This GC process has caused premature aging !

Please update the tracker with our info.

Received FP notice on 2nd March. Appointment is for 14th March.
Thanks.
:)

EB2
I-140/I-485: RD/ND - 8/10/04
EAD approved: 8/28/04
AP approved: 8/24/04
FP Notice: 3/2/04

gcalb said:
Please update the tracker with our info.

Received FP notice on 2nd March. Appointment is for 14th March.
Thanks.
:)

EB2
I-140/I-485: RD/ND - 8/10/04
EAD approved: 8/28/04
AP approved: 8/24/04
FP Notice: 3/2/04

where is FP scheduled

Upstate Newyork. But we are not going to make it on 14th March, but the notice says we can go any following wednesday, so will go 30th of March :(
Not sure about the code everyone is talking about. Have to check the notice once again.

gcalb said:
Upstate Newyork. But we are not going to make it on 14th March, but the notice says we can go any following wednesday, so will go 30th of March :(
Not sure about the code everyone is talking about. Have to check the notice once again.
all the best

LUD's

With in how many days (on normal circumstance) of giving FP and Biometrics i can expect an LUD?

I gave my FP today in SFO broadway ASC and they do , do early FP even though i did not attempt.

FP notice received

FP notice received by Lawyer on March-7th.
Appointment Date: April-13 at Boston ASC
Code 3

For some reason, I did not receive a copy of the finger printing notice. However, I do have a fax of the copy received by lawyer.

Can I just take the fax to the appointment or do I need the original FP notice?
If fax is ok, then I will try early appointment this saturday afternoon at Boston ASC

JP, is it me, thanks then!

itec,
you are right about the biometrics part, this is needed for GC printing as well.

I think biometrics eliminates the need for another stage after 485, I-551... can anyone confirm this?

I-485 FP received message changed only for wife

Hi

We finished FP on 2/25/05. Yesterday my wife I-485 message changed to "FP received", but not mine. What is happening here?

Why not my FP is not received by USCIS? Any idea.

I saw in the forum, that all primary and dependents I-485 message is changing in the same time.

Thanks