2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Priority Date

Hi,
My company just filed for I-140. My question is "what is priority date and how important is it?" Mine is July 18th, 2001 which is the date when my LC was filed. I read some postings mentioning keeping the priority date. So it must important in some way.

Thanks,
ers_md

Changing job after 180 days of I-140/I-485 filing

Hello,

I have filed I-140/I-485 180 days ago. I didn’t get I-140 approved. Is it ok if I change job with similar description and higher salary? My previous employer is NJ based and my new employer is NY based.

Folks, I need help. Please help.

Regards,
Amit

Re - Changing job after 180 days of I-140/I-485 filing

Hi Amit,
After reading lots of posting here and talking with others, what I know, is it is “Ok” for you to change the job after 180 legally.
But, for suppose if there is any REF or Query, then it will go to your previous employer, do you think that your previous employer will answer to those queries? Will they do all the required after you leave the company?
If you are confident about your employer, they you can defiantly change. So decision is in your hands.

Hi guys,
I have filed my papers (concurrent filing all but AP) This month. Give me your rough estimate when can i get my I-140 approved? I am planning to visit India by end of this year, when do u think is the right time to file for AP. I dont want an AP when my H1 is alive.
I welcome everyones suggestion.

ers_md

ers_md

Priority date is impt only if I-485 backlog occurs. It doesn't matter now because the immigrant visas are current and your case will be processed as first in first out.

If backlog occurs, then you will be considered on priority date depending whether your priority date is behind the processing date.

Hope this answers your question.

Re: ers_md

Originally posted by ms_from_mich
ers_md

Priority date is impt only if I-485 backlog occurs. It doesn't matter now because the immigrant visas are current and your case will be processed as first in first out.

If backlog occurs, then you will be considered on priority date depending whether your priority date is behind the processing date.

Hope this answers your question.

You are right ms_from_mich.

But peple are reporting that sometimes 140 is being taken care of in order of PD/State(sounds reasonable to an extent.), so it maybe an important factor and should be added to Excel sheet. That way we can check the possibilties too or rule it out!

I140/485/EAD

Hi,

new to this forum. how do i update my information?

my papers will be sent out today (03/25/04).

EB3 I140/I485/EAD

HDixit

Re: I140/485/EAD

Originally posted by hdixit
Hi,

new to this forum. how do i update my information?

my papers will be sent out today (03/25/04).

EB3 I140/I485/EAD

HDixit

Download the latest excel spread sheet (the attached one) and add/update your infor and attach to your post. Lot of people here just posting their info and not adding to the excel spread sheet. Please add your info to the excel tracker that way it will be easy for every body to track the processing.

AjaySomani,
You should have got your Notification by now. Before coming to ND, have you got your Receipt? You should get your ND within two weeks of your receipt date. I dont know why you havent got one yet. Keep asking your lawyer.

Concurrent filing of 140/485/EAD

EB2

Mail Date : 01/03/04
RD : 03/04/04
ND : 03/05/04

Labor PD : 08/05/02 MA
Labor Approved : 01/15/04

Request somebody to update EXCEL spreadsheet. [don't have MS Excel]

- happy4you

New to the Club

Hi All,
I am a new member joining the team.
Hope we all end up happy.
Filed for I140/I485/EAD/AP
on 03/23/04 and the papers are received on 03/25/04.
Havn't got any thing yet to update the spreadsheet.
I would appreciate if someone could update with my info.
Thanks all
:)

happy4you,

Updated the sheet with your data.

Thread contributors - I have changed column B - you may like to place Category/State/LC PD in it (earlier it was only Cat.). This way we will not have to change formulas on sheet(if any).

Can you people please update your data for the same?

Validity of EAD & H4

Here's EAD & H4 validity question:

I am in process of applying for concurrent I-485/140. I am not applying for my EAD/AP as of now as my H1 is valid till 2006. However, I would want to apply for my wife's EAD/AP, who is currently on H4(valid till 2006)

With regards to my wife, I am not sure when we need to apply for her EAD/AP. We are traveling to India between mid July this year. I have heard cases where it has taken more than 90 days to get AP. Say, if we apply by end of April for my wife’s AP/EAD, and if it takes 90 days from then, we are talking about July to get AP. We would be getting close to our travel dates and I am not sure if I need to be concerned.

I do know that H4 gets invalidated once she has her EAD, and would need a AP to travel. If we don’t have her AP/EAD on time, can she still travel on her H4? Is her H4 still valid for international travel and re-entry on H4? What happens if she gets her EAD while she is on transit? Will the INS officer at port of entry know if H4 is invalid, because of an EAD in her name.

Thanks

Re: Validity of EAD & H4

Originally posted by divsan
Here's EAD & H4 validity question:

I am in process of applying for concurrent I-485/140. I am not applying for my EAD/AP as of now as my H1 is valid till 2006. However, I would want to apply for my wife's EAD/AP, who is currently on H4(valid till 2006)

With regards to my wife, I am not sure when we need to apply for her EAD/AP. We are traveling to India between mid July this year. I have heard cases where it has taken more than 90 days to get AP. Say, if we apply by end of April for my wife’s AP/EAD, and if it takes 90 days from then, we are talking about July to get AP. We would be getting close to our travel dates and I am not sure if I need to be concerned.

I do know that H4 gets invalidated once she has her EAD, and would need a AP to travel. If we don’t have her AP/EAD on time, can she still travel on her H4? Is her H4 still valid for international travel and re-entry on H4? What happens if she gets her EAD while she is on transit? Will the INS officer at port of entry know if H4 is invalid, because of an EAD in her name.

Thanks

Relax. Having an EAD and using an EAD are two different things. If you have not used your EAD, it will not bring your current visa status to halt. So ,at port of entry, even if immigration officer knows that she applied for EAD, cannot do any problems. (I wonder if they can know unless you are entering on AP?).

Got any RFE or approvals

Hi Friends,
Hope everything is going good. Hey I know all of you here have concurrently in 2004.
Did any of you already got RFE or approvals of AP/EAD etc, any sign of indication of things moving.
Do any of you have other status than application received? Please update.

My Info

I have applied for 140/485/EAD and AP following are my dates.

MD: 2/27/2004
RD: 3/1/2004
ND: 3/8/2004

I140 Approved Never Applied I485

Friends,

I had an approved I140 from my previous employer. This was back in April 2000.
THey never filed for my I485 since I got laid off.

I checked with the company attorney and my I140 is still not revoked.

Can I file my I485 using the employment letter of the current employer.

I am stuck at the Labor Certification with current employer for the past 30 months.

Please reply.

Regards,
Mahe04