2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Re: I140 Approved Never Applied I485

mahe04,
you cannot reuse the approved I-140 unless you join your previous employer again (you can apply for 485 directly). however, assuming you are with and will remain with your new employer, you have to wait until your labor gets cleared. After that, you can apply for I-140/I-485 with your new employer and use the approved I-140's priority date (from your previous employer) on your new application (current employer). It does not help in any way in the current situation since all dates are current. If the priority dates are rolled back by the USCIS for some reason -only then the earlier priority date will help you. thanks.

Originally posted by mahe04
Friends,

I had an approved I140 from my previous employer. This was back in April 2000.
THey never filed for my I485 since I got laid off.

I checked with the company attorney and my I140 is still not revoked.

Can I file my I485 using the employment letter of the current employer.

I am stuck at the Labor Certification with current employer for the past 30 months.

Please reply.

Regards,
Mahe04

485 is not related to a company....It is adjustment of status
of the beneficiary (ie. YOU)....
You need to file 485 using the approved 140 petition
of your old company, but continue working with
the current company....
When your case is being adjudicated, you may asked to
show proof of current job......

ND

Hi,
My case I-140/I-485/EAD was sent by my lawyer on 13 Mar 2004. I checked my online back account, My personal check( Withdrawn on 19 Mar 2004) for I-485 filing have two different EAC numbers listed on the back. Could anybody help me understand it.

Thanks
Hidden_man

My lawyer gave me following details:

140/485/EAD/AP(Self and Spouse) : All recv dates are Mar 22, 2004. However the checks have not been withdrawn yet. Also I have not received notice/notice date till now. Website says:

Your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on March 24, 2004. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing... (contd.)

Does it mean March 24, 2004 is my notice date?

Also when should I expect notice to arrive at my address?

Originally posted by I Have Patience
My lawyer gave me following details:

140/485/EAD/AP(Self and Spouse) : All recv dates are Mar 22, 2004. However the checks have not been withdrawn yet. Also I have not received notice/notice date till now. Website says:

Your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on March 24, 2004. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing... (contd.)

Does it mean March 24, 2004 is my notice date?

Also when should I expect notice to arrive at my address?

Yes March 24th is your receipt date.
If you havent received anything how did you check your status on the website ???

ST.

Thanks SachinTendulkar. I forgot to mention that lawyer's email contained case numbers too and it said March 22, 2004 as RD for all applications.

So I was wondering what is March 24, 2004 - my ND?

Could you also help me with other queries?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by I Have Patience
Thanks SachinTendulkar. I forgot to mention that lawyer's email contained case numbers too and it said March 22, 2004 as RD for all applications.

So I was wondering what is March 24, 2004 - my ND?

Could you also help me with other queries?

You should ask your lawyer to send you the receipt notice for I140/485/EAD/AP. You will need those incase you have to travel out of country.

Looks like according to the website your RD is 24th March. Your ND should be a couple of days after RD. Once you receive the receipt notice from your lawyer, you can check out the exact dates there.

ST.

I did not get your point SachinTendulkar. Why is it so that I will need reciept notice in order to travel out of USA? Is that a must? Please elaborate.

I do not know all the details. It depends on your H1 status, etc. I was told by my lawyer that I should not go out of the country without carrying my receipt notice. You should check with your lawyer.

ST.

Hi all,
Good to see all old buddies from DOL forum here.

regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the Receipt Date

Hi All,
Today got the Receipts from the lawyer.
Updated the Excel.
Notice Date: 03/25/04
Receipt Date: 03/30/04
Bye

I have received the EAC number for my I485 and 765. I haven't heard anything about my I140 and no numbers for my husband's (dependent) application.

The RD for I485 and 765 is 04/01/2004

hi all friends,

My lawyer filed concurrent I - 485/140/765,

RECEIPT DATE : 01/28/04
NOTICE DATE : 02/03/04

Pl update my details in the excel file,
Thanks,
budct

Do you guys want to be part of the 2003 tracker? I can merge both the trackers into one, let me know. A lot of guys who filed in 2003 are still waiting for approvals while some who filed late last year got approvals, it kinda makes sense to have just one tracker. Let me know.

thanks
joyd

i have updated the tracker

my details, I HAVE updated the tracker
labor certification priority date: EB3 04/28/2001 virginia sesa

labor aproval date: 12/2003 philadelphia

concurrent filing: eb3 I-140 and I-485 mail post mark March 29/2004 FILED IN VSC

waiting for notice date ND and receipt date RD

good luck to all ..........:)

merging into 2003 tracker

sure joyd, u can update my info.

the labor priority date is may 2002 and labor approval date is dec 16 2003.