2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Sure you can.

FYI - you can work on H1b reciept. No need to wait for approval to arrive. This will help you in one more way - you need to submit typically 3 paystubs. (some lawyers ask for 4 and some 6 - heard one asked for last whole year's!). So keep rolling your paystub for good measures on 485.

Dear friend,

would you please clarify more about how can I work if I have a receipt number for my H-1b petition without approval. Please note that before filling the H-1b, I was previously working at another university with J-1 Visa that has an expiration date of NOctober 2004.

Actually, what happned is the University (place that offered me the tenure-track position) informed me that I can not start working with them until I get my H-1b approved.

This is why your response is very very important because if I can make use of it i will be able to start working at the university and get payment.

I really appreciate your help.

I-140 ND 01/14/04 Approved !!!!

Hi all,
My I-140 with ND 01/14/04 was approved on 04/12/04 after responding to a RFE.

Here are my details.
--------------------------------------------------
Labor Filing date - 01/02/02 (Connecticut)
Labor Approval Date - 11/20/03

Concurrent I140/485/EAD/AP
EAC-04-070-51***
RD : 01/12/04
ND: 01/14/04

RFE on I140 - Company's tax documents, Copy of my PP, W2, Education Evaluation doc, DL, SSN, Experience Letters.
RFE on 140 raised on - 03/02/04
RFE received by Attorney - 03/09/04
RFE Response received by CIS - 03/31/04

I140 Approved on - 04/12/2004.

485/EAD/AP - ???????

YESKAYEM.

Excel Sheet updated!!!

Hi,

Updated the Excel Sheet with my approval information.

Good Luck to you all.

YESKAYEM.

Originally posted by wael
Dear friend,

would you please clarify more about how can I work if I have a receipt number for my H-1b petition without approval. Please note that before filling the H-1b, I was previously working at another university with J-1 Visa that has an expiration date of NOctober 2004.

Actually, what happned is the University (place that offered me the tenure-track position) informed me that I can not start working with them until I get my H-1b approved.

This is why your response is very very important because if I can make use of it i will be able to start working at the university and get payment.

I really appreciate your help.

It is known to people for quite some time that recipet notice is good enough for working. You ask your lawyer - he/she will clarify your employer.

Re: I-140 ND 01/14/04 Approved !!!!

Originally posted by yeskayem
Hi all,
My I-140 with ND 01/14/04 was approved on 04/12/04 after responding to a RFE.

Here are my details.
--------------------------------------------------
Labor Filing date - 01/02/02 (Connecticut)
Labor Approval Date - 11/20/03

Concurrent I140/485/EAD/AP
EAC-04-070-51***
RD : 01/12/04
ND: 01/14/04

RFE on I140 - Company's tax documents, Copy of my PP, W2, Education Evaluation doc, DL, SSN, Experience Letters.
RFE on 140 raised on - 03/02/04
RFE received by Attorney - 03/09/04
RFE Response received by CIS - 03/31/04

I140 Approved on - 04/12/2004.

485/EAD/AP - ???????

YESKAYEM.

Congrats yeskayem. That is unbelievably fast - so RFE works!

Did your attorney tell you or did you find it thru online status check?

Jharkhandi,

Congrats yeskayem. That is unbelievably fast - so RFE works!
THANKS JHARKHANDI.

Did your attorney tell you or did you find it thru online status check?

Both Online and the AVM showed/said the approval message.

YESKAYEM.

Important Info about EAD/AP/I140 - Do update this.

Hi Friends,
I am newbie can you please help me to understand difference in EAD, I140 and AP.(What is checked.)
Please put forward differences like.

Example

I140 – Employers ability to pay an employees is checked and that is one of the REF. Please keep all your REF related I140 here.

…etc etc….

EAD – if labor substitution, then if match is done to verify if present case matches with previous labor.(This is example and I do not know exactly where it goes, I140?), Please keep all your REF related EAD here.

AP – I do not know, Please put your REF’s related to AP here.

This will really help each on of us, so I kindly request you take some time and put forward your points.

Thank You,

working on H1B

Hi, I am definitely not an expert, but I think the "working on just the H1B notice" kicks in only if you are "transfering" from one H1B to another - if you are working/studying on another visa, then you will have to wait for your H1B approval before you can start working. But consult your lawyer.

Originally posted by mysunny007
Hi !

Does anybody know 800 no that i can dial in and check the approval status of 140 ?

THanks
Sunny

This is what shows up in the case status website:

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283

AP approved

Approved on 04/12

RD: 11/14/03
ND: 11/19/03

Someone, please update the spreadsheet. Thanks!

Another entry to the tracker

Hi,

I got a mail from the company lawyer that my case was filed. I have added my info to the tracker.

Can someone from this thread help out Avi_waitGC, he is trying to upload his info to the tracker and uploaded the file in independent thread "New to thread"...

EAD approved

Iam attaching the 2004 xls here , with the data updated for me...if iam doin update in wrong place please guide me...

updated spreadsheet

It looks like Avi_waitGC updated a very old version of the spreadsheet.

Here is the latest, updated with Avi-waitGC's information.