2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

You are still couple of steps ahead of me. My PD is Dec 2002.

Here is how it works: (For FY2005 - October 04 to September 05)

Total Visa number available was =140,000 + approximately 7,000 unused family from FY04 + 101,000 AC21. This comes to 241,000. For each quarter limit on the number visa was 27% of 241000 is 65070. Each country limit is 16870 (7% available visa numbers). This includes all employment based visa categories.

Also note that if in each quarter the 27% numbers were utilized fully, it leaves only 19% for the last quarter. Considering that USCIS has been utilizing the allocated visa numbers fully in order to reduce backlog, it is almost certain that only 19% are left for the final quarter (Jul-Sep).

Good news is that 50,000 additional visas were allocated to Schedule-A applicants. This should help alleviate some demand for EB visas.

Bad news is that once DOL start clearing it’s backlog of 300,000 applications, there might not be enough visas available and PD would move back even further.

Updated Tracker

New Updates:

afrqn, EB3, 485 Approved, 5/12/05
bhandus2004, eb2, 485 approved, 5/10/05
oajnabi, eb3, FP Done 05/14/05
gcmental, eb2, rfe response recv 05/11/05
kamineni, eb2, rfe response recv 05/14/05
ck510, eb3, 485 Approved 5/16/05
am_111, eb1, 485 Approved 5/16/05[/QUOTE]

485 approved. :)

Hi Everyone,

Finally I got the 485 approval email on friday and today got another email that Card has been mailed. But I have one problem here, we got 485 approval email for my daughter and myself and nothing for my wife. What should I do? Should I wait for couple of days or should give a call to National Support Center?

Jay

MA_Labor said:
You are still couple of steps ahead of me. My PD is Dec 2002.

Here is how it works: (For FY2005 - October 04 to September 05)

Total Visa number available was =140,000 + approximately 7,000 unused family from FY04 + 101,000 AC21. This comes to 241,000. For each quarter limit on the number visa was 27% of 241000 is 65070. Each country limit is 16870 (7% available visa numbers). This includes all employment based visa categories.

Also note that if in each quarter the 27% numbers were utilized fully, it leaves only 19% for the last quarter. Considering that USCIS has been utilizing the allocated visa numbers fully in order to reduce backlog, it is almost certain that only 19% are left for the final quarter (Jul-Sep).

Good news is that 50,000 additional visas were allocated to Schedule-A applicants. This should help alleviate some demand for EB visas.

Bad news is that once DOL start clearing it’s backlog of 300,000 applications, there might not be enough visas available and PD would move back even further.

Hi MA Labor

Thanks for the detailed information.....

What is your guess ? do you think i may have to wait another one year ...

please comment.

Thanks -Tigris

Labor PD:Aug 2002
485:RD:Aug 2004
140 AD: Oct 2004.
FP:March 2005

tigris said:
Hi MA Labor

Thanks for the detailed information.....

What is your guess ? do you think i may have to wait another one year ...

please comment.

Thanks -Tigris

Labor PD:Aug 2002
485:RD:Aug 2004
140 AD: Oct 2004.
FP:March 2005

Although your guess is as good as mine, but here's is what I think.

In your case you only need it to move 3 months further. Since July is the start of the final quarter in FY2005, it means only 19% visas would be available then, which is less than what's available now. If you look at the PD movement since January this year, you will see that it has moved on an average of 1 month every month. But less number of visas means slower movement. Even if the additional 50,000 visas for Schedule-A make a difference, the best-case scenario would be a movement of 1 month per month. If you are lucky you can expect your PD to be current in September.

FY2006 does not have the additional 101,000 AC21 visas unlike this year so things could get even worse then. Plus the clearing of backlogged cases from DOL will create additional pressure.

Future of EB3 looks bleak my friend.

No FP received yet

Can someone tell me, if EAD extension triggers Finger Prints Notice, its has been almost 2 months since my i140 got approved but till date I havent receivedmy finger prints notice, what maybe the reason?

Please anyone let me know your view, it will be helpfull.

Thanks

PD Question

Hi MA_Labor,

I have my 140 and 485 pending for a while now. Had an RFE on 140...anyway, my PD is 22Feb02 - does this mean that if by some miracle my 140 gets approved, I am current for 485, or will the ND also play a part?
(My ND being 22Nov04)

Do you think retrogression beyond the current situations can affect my case?

Thanks for your help!

MA_Labor said:

need_green_card said:
Can someone tell me, if EAD extension triggers Finger Prints Notice, its has been almost 2 months since my i140 got approved but till date I havent receivedmy finger prints notice, what maybe the reason?

Please anyone let me know your view, it will be helpfull.

Thanks
Hi need_green_card,
I know your 485 got reopened on March 15. I was about to send you a PM to ask if you got your FP notice or not.
My spouse's 485 case also got reopened near that date. We are also waiting for her FP. I did call USCIS (VSC) to ask them to send us the FP notice, but the VSC officer said they cannot issue FP like this. He told us that my spouse's 485 case is under review and they will figure out that FP needs to be done. Then they will send out the FP notice. I called them on 5/4 and I am planning to call once again after 30 days from that date.

I will suggest that you call USCIS and ask about FP, they may not send it right away, but it may trigger FP. I think EAD extension may also trigger a file review for your 485 and that may generate a FP notice.

One more thing, as the VSC published date for 485 is 30 days past your ND for 485, you should call USCIS and start a status query, that will also help to get your case moving. I am also planning to start status query on my spouse's 485 once published dates move 30 days past 5/18/04.

Last edited by a moderator:
newbee1 said:
I would appreciate if someone can answer this.

I filed my 140 and 485 concurrently in December 2004. My 140 was approved in January 2005. It has not been 180 days since I filed 485 so I know I can't use AC21.

Recently for the last 2 days I noticed LUD change on my already approved 140. I am really concerned about these LUD changes. I tried calling VSC but they refused to divulge any information regarding 140 saying it's the employer's petition and only employer or their attorney can make such request.

I do not trust my employer and I have a feeling that they might have revoked my application to use the labor for someone else. Is there any way I can find out if the 140 has been revoked?
There is no quick certain way of knowing if 140 is revoked. The only way to know, in my opinion, will be to use FOIA.
How long will USCIS take to notify me if the 140 has indeed been revoked?

Please let me know ASAP because I am loosing my mind over it.
USCIS will not notify you about 140, but if 140 is revoked, they will deny your 485 and issue you a denial notice. They may issue this notice as soon as 140 is revoked or they may wait untill your 485 comes up for adjucation.

I know this is not a good situation to be in, but unfortunately you cannot do much about it. Was your a substitute LC? Try maintaining good relation with your employer and ask if they can give you more info or can talk to USCIS about 140.

Best of luck!

newbee1 said:
I would appreciate if someone can answer this.

I do not trust my employer and I have a feeling that they might have revoked my application to use the labor for someone else. Is there any way I can find out if the 140 has been revoked? How long will USCIS take to notify me if the 140 has indeed been revoked?

Please let me know ASAP because I am loosing my mind over it.

You can find that using FOIA. Also your employer cannot use labor for someone else if i-140 is already approved on that.

Please help

Guys,
I am planning to go on vacation for a month in during June and July. Gurus, JK, itec please take a look at my signature and tell me if there is a chance that my 485 gets approved before i go on vacation. What happens if gets approved when i am out of country, i have received my adavance parole documents.

MA_Labor said:
Although your guess is as good as mine, but here's is what I think.

In your case you only need it to move 3 months further. Since July is the start of the final quarter in FY2005, it means only 19% visas would be available then, which is less than what's available now. If you look at the PD movement since January this year, you will see that it has moved on an average of 1 month every month. But less number of visas means slower movement. Even if the additional 50,000 visas for Schedule-A make a difference, the best-case scenario would be a movement of 1 month per month. If you are lucky you can expect your PD to be current in September.

FY2006 does not have the additional 101,000 AC21 visas unlike this year so things could get even worse then. Plus the clearing of backlogged cases from DOL will create additional pressure.

Future of EB3 looks bleak my friend.

MA_labor,

There is alo the Possibility of the Remaining 80,000 Visas which were captured from Years 2001 through 2004 will be avialable for EB Cases.This resolution has already been introduced in the Senate by Senator Kennedy.

The Link is:-
http://www.immigration-law.com/

Here's the Text:

Bi-Partisan Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill Introduced in the Senate.

Today, a bill entitled "The Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of 2005" was introduced in the U.S. Senate which include the concept of legalization of illegal aliens for temporary employment in the form of a new visa, H-5A and H-5B, and adjustment of status to a lawful permanent resident working in such temporary nonimmigrant workers for four years without the employer sponsorship. The following are the excerpts relevant to the legalization program under this bill:
Essential Worker Visa Program
• Creates a new temporary visa to allow foreign workers to enter and fill available jobs that require few or no skills (the H-5A visa)
• Applicants must show that they have a job waiting in the U.S., pay a fee of $500 in addition to application fees, and clear all security, medical, and other checks
• Requires updating of America's Job Bank to make sure job opportunities are seen first by American workers
• Initial cap on H-5A visas is set at 400,000, but the annual limit will be gradually adjusted up or down based on demand in subsequent years
• Visa is valid for three years, and can be renewed one time for a total of 6 years; at the end of the visa period the worker either has to return home or be in the pipeline for a green card
• Visa is portable, but if the worker loses his job he has to find another one within 60 days or return home
• Ensures that employers hiring temporary workers abide by Federal, state and local labor, employment and tax laws
• Prohibits the hiring of temporary workers as independent contractors
• Protects temporary workers from abuse by foreign labor contractors or employers.
• Gives temporary workers and U.S. workers remedies for violations of their rights
• An employer can sponsor the H-5A visa holder for a green card, or after accumulating four years of work in H-5A status, the worker can apply to adjust status on his/her own
• Sets up a task force to evaluate the H-5A program and recommend improvements
Adjustment of Status for H-5B Non-Immigrants
• Undocumented immigrants in the U.S. on date of introduction can register for a temporary visa (H-5B), valid for six years
• Applicants have to show work history, clean criminal record, and that they are not a security problem to be eligible for a temporary visa
• They will receive work and travel authorization
• Their spouses and children are also eligible
• In order to qualify for permanent status, workers will have to meet a future work requirement, clear additional security/background checks, pay substantial fines and application fees ($2000 or more per adult) as well as back taxes, and meet English/civics requirements
Family Unity and Backlog Reduction
• Immediate relatives of U.S. citizens are not counted against the 480,000 annual cap on family-sponsored green cards, thereby providing additional visas to the family preference categories
The current per-country limit on green cards is raised slightly to clear up backlogs
• Income requirements for sponsoring a family member for a green card are changed from 125% of the federal poverty guidelines to 100%, and other obstacles are removed to ensure fairness
The employment-based categories are revised to provide additional visas for employers who need to hire permanent workers, and the annual cap is raised from 140,000 to 290,000

Immigrant visas lost due to processing delays are recaptured for future allotments
The immigrant community should strongly support this bill and work with the involved sponsoring Senators. Please contact the follwowing sponsors:
Laura Capps (Kennedy) (202)224-2633
Andrea Jones (McCain) (202)224-7130
Brian Hart (Brownback) (202)224-0237
Casey Aden-Wansbury (Lieberman) (202) 224-0975
Kristen Hellmer (Kolbe) (202)225-1466
Matthew Specht (Flake) (202)225-2635
Scott Frotman (Gutierrez) (202)225-8203

Regards

tgsrini said:
Guys,
I am planning to go on vacation for a month in during June and July. Gurus, JK, itec please take a look at my signature and tell me if there is a chance that my 485 gets approved before i go on vacation. What happens if gets approved when i am out of country, i have received my adavance parole documents.

No Problem at all. I went thru same and I did not even had Advance Parole but had valid H1 Stamping.

No LUDs for me

palmighty said:
Just noticed, one more LUD today.

Palmighty,
Umm, wonder what that means. I had the FP recieved msg LUD on 04/20 just like you but no LUDs after that.

Cheers,