2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

GC-Soon said:
I sent a mail to FBI. As you said, I have not got any response. I am going to try congressman route. I would like to know which one I should contact, senior Senator or junior Senator?
Yesterday, we received the response to the inquiery about my daughter's case. She is 16. USCIS said the delay of her case is due to the security background check. She has lived in U.S. since 7 years old. Her background can not be simpler. What kind of security risk can a 16-year old high school girl inpose to this country? :confused:
More than 4 years past. This is a long long journey. It took almost 3 years to get my RIR-LC approved after I did one more newspaper ad. It took 12+ months to get my I-140 done. Now, the published date has past our February ND again and again. We even have not seen any sign that will end our ordeal.

My case and my daughter's case have not been touched since our initial LUD after filing our cases. Even there is no LUD after we did FP in Janyary 2005. My wife has a LUD 4 days after her FP. Both my wife and I have worked everyday. We paid tax just as other people did.Our cases are standard employment-based EB2. We have no status gap, no education issue, no payment issue. I have been working for the same company before starting GC. What else can I do? Depression! Depression! Depression! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

You are taking it too hard on yourselves. Within 4 months, it should all be over with.

I have always had this feeling that the longer you stay in US the more security checks you are subjected to. A co-worker of mine has been in US for 7 years, he is too stuck up with Name Check. I have been here for 8 ...

I think you have to contact the local office of the congressman who sits in Washington DC. Take you daughter with you when you go.

Regarding FOIA

bhandus2004

I am confused with FOIA inquiry. Do we need to send mail/fax for FOIA enquiry or need to wait. Check the following post by gc_vsc.

gc_vsc said:
Hi All,
Today I call VSC and a lady spoke to me. She mentioned that my case has been waiting for FOIA dept to release them and hence could not let me know the status. VSC hads already crossed my 485 Notice date. I had earlier (March 2005) applied for FOIA requesting copies of my 140 and underlying LC. Since mine is a Substititure labour, I do not know my PD .

I am not sure if I had to call/fax FOIA dept and withdraw my request so they can release my papers for an officer to process or will sending another request for withdrawl will further delay my case.

See my plight, I am not sure if I am affected by retrogression or not and now not sure what to do with my FOIA request.

Thanks

gc_vsc

bhandus2004 said:
For those who are eagerly awaiting LUDs but don't see any - pl don't get upset or dejected. The system that updates the LUDs is not working accurately. This is evident from my case and other such cases in the forum and from the article published on murthy.com and other website about the goof up at VSC where they approved 27000 cases without issuing approval letters. VSC is taking corrective action on that. In my case my LUDs never changed to case approved. One fine day the approval letters landed in the mailbox. The LUD changed then at the time of mailing of cards. My daughters case still shows LUD of the original date the case was filled, fact is we have already received her approval letter. I am writing this since i was also in the same situation - no development on my case when the cases after me were getting approved and i was felling helpless and didn't know what to do.

Name Check is a major bottleneck but it is not as bad as we think. It is known fact that lots of old cases have got stuck-up in the black hole called name check, but for cases 2004 onwards it is not that bad. I see very few approvals and hardly anybody getting any LUDs. It is unlikely that so many cases would get stuck-up in name check. It is combination of LUD system not working and VSC getting busy with cleaning their goof up. So don't loose hope and wait for the best.

Meanwhile as already mentioned earlier in the forum if the published date is more then 30 days of your ND call USCIS and raise a query in your case. If one customer service rep doesn't take the query ( they will give all crap telling if you received FP notice in last 60 days you cant raise a query) try again, fact is they don't have every information about your case on the screen when they talk to you. Along with that also shoot out a letter/email to FBI inquiring about name check and FOIA. For details go to this link http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136848&page=1&pp=15&highlight=Rahul+Kumar

Wishing everybody approval at the earliest . .

Please Advice

Firstly thanks to JK,itec and all the gurus who have been so kind for helping and encouraging me with positive hopes.

After waiting for almost for 2 months after my FP and not having my message updated on the website i called USCIS today around noon time. The CSR was very friendly.

She firstly asked all the questions to verify my identity and to make sure i am the petitioner.

The concerned i had was to verify that my case is ok so far and is not struck by any means under FBI name Check / FBI FP related all other nightmare issues.

Before asking any question, i waited patiently to hear from her and the answer i got was that VISA numbers are not available. I confirmed the same for my wife. VISA numbers not available and is missing by just few days.

Thereafter i asked exclusively about the Name check and she said everything is ok and its on VISA number hold.

I asked why its not updated on web and she said sometimes it happens.

Now GURUs please help in evaluating this conversation. Generally they know what they are saying OR they just try to give some answer....

I am concerned with no message update on the website...

Thanks in Advance,

Getting a USCIS representive

How do I talk to representative I call the USCIS customer service number( (800) 375-5283) ? No matter what option I select I can't get to a representative :( . Just need to find about my case status, but I can't go beyond the standard status message.

See Post 5441

ctlabor said:
How do I talk to representative I call the USCIS customer service number( (800) 375-5283) ? No matter what option I select I can't get to a representative :( . Just need to find about my case status, but I can't go beyond the standard status message.

Go to Post 5441 or page 363. There is a posting by ptlsb. Try that, it works.

GCALB

mailgc2001 said:
bhandus2004

I am confused with FOIA inquiry. Do we need to send mail/fax for FOIA enquiry or need to wait. Check the following post by gc_vsc.

Mailgc,

FOIA with FBI and FOIA with USCIS are two different things. The one you are quoting is FOIA with USCIS, which results in file getting held up. FOIA with FBI is different, it doesn't hold up the case. The reason to do FOIA with FBI is the reply to that would come faster as compared to the reply for name check. FBI is replying to Dec04/Jan05 letter for name check. FOIA and name check are done against same database by FBI though the way 2 are done is different. However if you get a 'NO RECORD' reply in FBI FOIA it gives a reasonable hope that the name check may not be the issue for your case.

Hope this helps ..

iwannagreencard,
Are you saying visas are not available for your cases because your PD is missed by a few days from the current processing date of June 2002?

sg1973 said:
iwannagreencard,
Are you saying visas are not available for your cases because your PD is missed by a few days from the current processing date of June 2002?
Hello sg1973 ,
yes, thats what the CSR told me. I asked about the name check and FP and she said that its on VISA Number Hold. Although she agreed that there is no other information that is missing but did not exlusively said that my FP and Name check has been received/completed.

Any body has any idea what does that mean w.r.t FP and name check.

Thanks,

i took these to my appt.

485 Approval Notice.
2 front facing pictures
Infopass Appt (1 is good for household)
passports
EADs
APs
Driver License..

USCIS officer took EADs/APs/Passports..

returned back Passport stamped..

Hope this helps.

Thanks bhandus2004

thanks bhandus2004.
bhandus2004 said:
Mailgc,

FOIA with FBI and FOIA with USCIS are two different things. The one you are quoting is FOIA with USCIS, which results in file getting held up. FOIA with FBI is different, it doesn't hold up the case. The reason to do FOIA with FBI is the reply to that would come faster as compared to the reply for name check. FBI is replying to Dec04/Jan05 letter for name check. FOIA and name check are done against same database by FBI though the way 2 are done is different. However if you get a 'NO RECORD' reply in FBI FOIA it gives a reasonable hope that the name check may not be the issue for your case.

Hope this helps ..

In my case they also kept my I797 Form also ie. My 485 approval letter
Did they took urs too !

KosmoKramer said:
i took these to my appt.

485 Approval Notice.
2 front facing pictures
Infopass Appt (1 is good for household)
passports
EADs
APs
Driver License..

USCIS officer took EADs/APs/Passports..

returned back Passport stamped..

Hope this helps.

approvals soon?

rajnag said:
Me too, I didn't see any LUDs after FP recd. msg.(4/20/05).

Thanks
Rajnag

I think we can expect our approval together. Hopefully very soon. I am thinking no later than July. :D

Visa Bulletin for June 2005 !! EB3 PD date is june 2002.

Hello All,

I noticed that the recent visa bulletin Priority dates for EB3 category and for month of June 2005 is still Jun 01 2002. I also read the following lines ( copied and pasted below from the visa bulletin)..
Can somebody help me understand this ? Does this means that there are very low chances for me to get my green card this year since my priority date is Aug 15 2002 (INDIA) ? Please help ....

Thanks -Tigris

D. RETROGRESSION OF THE EMPLOYMENT-BASED THIRD PREFERENCE ?OTHER WORKER? CATEGORY FOR JUNE
As mentioned in the Visa Bulletin announcing the May cut-off dates, demand for visa numbers in the Employment Other Worker category has remained extremely high despite the imposition of a cut-off date. As a result, it has been necessary to retrogress the June cut-off date in an attempt to hold number use within the annual limit. It is likely that the limit will be reached sometime during June, and the category would immediately become ?unavailable?.

E. VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE REMAINDER OF FY-2005

Employment-based: During the past month there has been a significant increase in the amount of numbers being used by Citizenship and Immigration Service (CIS) offices for adjustment of status applicants. This level of demand has significantly depleted the supply of Employment-based numbers available under the annual limit. Recent discussions with CIS have made it clear that their backlog reduction efforts will sustain or increase the current level of demand. Therefore, continued visa availability in the Employment-based categories cannot be guaranteed during the final quarter of FY-2005. If demand continues at the current rate, it will be necessary to oversubscribe many or all of the Employment categories on a Worldwide basis. Such oversubscription could result in the establishment of cut-off dates, retrogression of already established dates, or some categories becoming ?unavailable?.