2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

I havent called the service center, EB3 has reached till June 3, waiting for that date to cross 30 days. I got the mail from FBI with no records so do not know whats the hold up in my 485. Will keep the forum updated on Approval/RFE. I am scanning cases applied on my date and till now there around 30 approvals in total of 211 (I-485) cases.

you are EB2 applied much before me, have u called USCIS?

patnams said:
Looking at your signature, I am wondering why you 485 is not processed yet.

Did you call the USCIS office?

GC4Ever said:
I havent called the service center, EB3 has reached till June 3, waiting for that date to cross 30 days. I got the mail from FBI with no records so do not know whats the hold up in my 485. Will keep the forum updated on Approval/RFE. I am scanning cases applied on my date and till now there around 30 approvals in total of 211 (I-485) cases.

I've noticed faster approvals in EB3 if the Priority Date is current. I noticed that lot of people around and past your ND got approvals.

You are right, it is not 30 days past the published date. I am waiting for the same reason.

When you say 211 cases what is the range last 5 digits you scaned?

EAC-04-202-????? to EAC-04-202-?????

(202 is just a guess I am making for your date)

help

Hi gurus,

I have labor(EB3) and need to apply I-140, now i am on 6th year and getting expired my H1 visa on NOV 05. If i apply I-140 still i need to apply H1 7th years extension.

Thanks in advance.

patnams said:
If you dont get Advance Parole before you leave and your 485 gets approved while you are outside the country, your 485 is considered abandoned, even though you will be allowed inside on H1.

THIS STATEMENT IS 100% INCORRECT. I HAVE SEEN IN MANY FORUMS THAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING THIS. BUT PLEASE DONT QUOTE THIS AS IT DOES NOT HOLD TRUE FOR PEOPLE WITH H1 AND L1 VISAS AND THEIR DEPENDANTS.
YOU CAN EVEN CHECK THE USCIS WEBSITE FOR THE SAME.

198 -Jun 25

patnams said:
I've noticed faster approvals in EB3 if the Priority Date is current. I noticed that lot of people around and past your ND got approvals.

You are right, it is not 30 days past the published date. I am waiting for the same reason.

When you say 211 cases what is the range last 5 digits you scaned?

EAC-04-202-????? to EAC-04-202-?????

(202 is just a guess I am making for your date)

His EAC-04-198

Advance Parole - Reasons

please check out this link

http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/Emergency/index.htm

Advance Parole
Most aliens who have pending applications for immigration benefits or for changes in nonimmigrant status need Advance Parole to re-enter the U.S. after traveling abroad. Aliens applying for advance parole on the basis of a pending application for adjustment of status must be approved for advance parole prior to leaving the United States in order to avoid the termination of their pending application for adjustment. Note: this does not apply to aliens who have applied to adjust to permanent resident status and who maintain H-1B (Specialty Worker) or L-1 (Intracompany Transferee) status, or their dependents, who have applied to adjust to permanent resident status and who have valid H-1B or L status and valid visas, V nonimmigrants who have a valid V nonimmigrant visa, are in valid V nonimmigrant status and have or obtain a valid V nonimmigrant visa before applying for readmission to the US, and K-3/4 nonimmigrants who have applied to adjust to permanent resident status and who have a valid K-3/4 nonimmigrant visa, are in valid K-3/4 nonimmigrant status and have or obtain a valid K-3/4 nonimmigrant visa before applying for readmission to the US.
Aliens in the United States should, prior to departure, obtain Advance Parole in order to re-enter the United States after travel abroad if they have:

Filed an application for adjustment of status but have not received a decision from the USCIS;
Hold refugee or asylee status and intend to depart temporarily to apply for a U.S. immigrant visa in Canada; and/or
An emergent personal or bona fide reason to travel temporarily abroad. Applicants who are the beneficiary of a Private bill and Applicants who are under deportation proceedings must file to the Department of Homeland Security, 425 I Street, NW, ATTN: Parole and Humanitarian Assistance Branch, Washington, DC 20536
Aliens in the United States are not eligible for Advance Parole if they are:

In the United States illegally;
An exchange alien subject to the foreign residence requirement;

GC4Ever,

not sure if I expressed it before it not, but... our FP dates and LUD(s) after that are exactly the same. I am still waiting too... Looks like there is samething strange going on with that date...

God please help us...

GL.

Hi,
What is the best thing to do if we have advance parol approved and already booked the tickets but expecting approval any time before or after departure and travel internationally? If suppose the approval comes days before the departure and we have no time to wait and get the approval notice, get pp stamped, etc? Is it good idea to postpone the trip and do all that, or we can still travel with AP and come back and then go for stamping if we find that I-485 is approved?
Please respond..
Thanks!

LSaspirant said:
please check out this link

http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/Emergency/index.htm

Advance Parole
Most aliens who have pending applications for immigration benefits or for changes in nonimmigrant status need Advance Parole to re-enter the U.S. after traveling abroad. ....

jd_mass said:
Palmighty,
Umm, wonder what that means. I had the FP recieved msg LUD on 04/20 just like you but no LUDs after that.

Cheers,

---------------------------
mine also finger prints received on 04/20. after that no LUD change.

LSaspirant said:
THIS STATEMENT IS 100% INCORRECT. I HAVE SEEN IN MANY FORUMS THAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING THIS. BUT PLEASE DONT QUOTE THIS AS IT DOES NOT HOLD TRUE FOR PEOPLE WITH H1 AND L1 VISAS AND THEIR DEPENDANTS.
YOU CAN EVEN CHECK THE USCIS WEBSITE FOR THE SAME.

You are right, I checked on that !! Dual intent of H and L visas allow you to enter even if 485 is approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
On HOLD

Gurus,

By any chance anybody is facing On Hold situation. Mine has been on hold for over 7 months, when I filed concurrent 140/485/ead/ap.

The immigration officer at USCIS refused to give Interim EAD's saying we are still processing this application and its on Hold. How do we get around this one ? Inquiries from lawyer also didn't get any answer / reason. The only consolation is FP done recently

:confused:

VMI said:
Gurus,

By any chance anybody is facing On Hold situation. Mine has been on hold for over 7 months, when I filed concurrent 140/485/ead/ap.

:confused:

Hi VMI,
Mine is also on hold for almost 6 months.. Did employer also file for someone else?

Spoke to USCIS Cust. Service ....

Guys ... this gave me some hope today.

I had called USCIS today ... Spoke to a Lady .. she was very patient and answered all the questions I had asked - I guess I was lucky to get connected to her.

Anyways ... I called an asked her the status of my 485. She asked my PD ... mentioned its current.

she says USCIS are processing June 2004 - then I asked her the status of my spouse's 485 ... she took EAC number .... then she kept me on hold for a long time .... looked up some records and mentioned that my (and spouse's) case has been assigned to an adjudicator. I asked her if my name check was done successfully .... she mentioned "If the case is assigned to an officer - it means that the namecheck is done".

Finally I asked her a rough estimate of next action .... she goes - "30 to 60 days. Maybe less than 30 or more than 60 - I cannot say for sure."

- msd_gc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gcprocess2005 said:
Hi VMI,
Mine is also on hold for almost 6 months.. Did employer also file for someone else?
Well sure they have applied for others. I think they even got some approvals early this year but haven't heard anything lately. What would be the course of action to follow ? Any ideas

VMI said:
Well sure they have applied for others. I think they even got some approvals early this year but haven't heard anything lately. What would be the course of action to follow ? Any ideas

Hi Vmi,
I'm really not sure as what would be the best way to approach this.. You atleast know that ur case is on hold at the USCIS.. Im not even sure about my case as i havent applied for an ead..

Interim

GC2005,

Well lets hope and pray all of us get through with this soon. You can always apply for I-765 yourself or with your own attorney. Or if you have already and no approval... go to USCIS and ask for Interim EAD. I only hope it gets approved before Nov. since I plan to go out of country for a few months.
:rolleyes:

USCIS rep or VSC rep

msd_gc said:
Guys ... this gave me some hope today.

I had called USCIS today ... Spoke to a Lady .. she was very patient and answered all the questions I had asked - I guess I was lucky to get connected to her.

Anyways ... I called an asked her the status of my 485. She asked my PD ... mentioned its current.

she says USCIS are processing June 2004 - then I asked her the status of my spouse's 485 ... she took EAC number .... then she kept me on hold for a long time .... looked up some records and mentioned that my (and spouse's) case has been assigned to an adjudicator. I asked her if my name check was done successfully .... she mentioned "If the case is assigned to an officer - it means that the namecheck is done".

Finally I asked her a rough estimate of next action .... she goes - "30 to 60 days. Maybe less than 30 or more than 60 - I cannot say for sure."

- msd_gc.

Did you speak to USCIS Cust Rep or VSC Cust Rep?
What did you dial to reach the rep, normally USCIS cust rep don't provide any details about the case (like it is with adjudicator etc..).

In my case

For my 2nd EAD I got the following:
After approval :
On April 1, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

After 4 days :
On April 5, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the
applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed
and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update
your address.

They send appoval notice to my address. For first EAD it went to attorney.

Dont worry you will get it.

GcNov2004 said:
for my wife I received only this mail...
--------------------
Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On May 13, 2005, an approval notice was
mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you
may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address,
please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.
-------------------

I didn't receive card ordered mail and till now we didn't received the
card, what should we do? wait for some more time? If we don't receive in
one more week what we can do?

Does the approval notice sent to attorney?

Please post your ideas/experices.... greatly appreciate it.

Regards,
GcNov2004

Regarding name check

GC4Ever
How many days it took for you to get response from FBI regarding name check ?
How many times you send email(s) to them ?

GC4Ever said: