2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

HaveToGetIt said:
Even after change in the message "received FP and processing resumed" my 485 LUD are changing everyday for last 3 days. Do you guys know what could be happening there???? :confused:

Thanks
It will change couple of times more and then, when it stops, start counting days till you get approval. Let me know - how many were you able to count! My guess would be between 14-30.

singhnsingh said:
Could some answer this
i got my wife and daughters FP notice today My daughter was 13 when i applied 485 for her and USCIS sent back the FP fees saying she was not required now they have sent the FP notice and the fees for her has not been paid. Can some one shed some knowledge on this please
1. Do they collect the fees at the ASC
2. Will they not collect any fees and Fp her :D
3. Will they refuse to FP her due to no fees :mad:

Thank You Awaiting reply :confused:

The same thimg happened for daughter as well.

pallu2004 said:
Thanks ITEC. I only saw one person so far in the forum who stated he is from VA. So my guess was also that it will take time. but again with my case i dont now anything.
I mentioned I was from Virginia. I have been waiting hopefully seeing people getting fingerprinting notice throughout the east coast. Hope they start sending out Notices soon. Only one person in the forum got FP notice in VA from scanning the postings.

Jharkhandi said:
It will change couple of times more and then, when it stops, start counting days till you get approval. Let me know - how many were you able to count! My guess would be between 14-30.

Jharkhandi, its good guess , one person in another forum got 9 LUD changes after that he got 485 approval.
how about this situation
suppose one guy recently applied 140/485 in 2005 and he got FPs but EAD/140 not yet approved,
his 485 LUD changed for 4 days what's his position?
does he get 485 approval before ead/140 approved?

CH_VA said:
I mentioned I was from Virginia. I have been waiting hopefully seeing people getting fingerprinting notice throughout the east coast. Hope they start sending out Notices soon. Only one person in the forum got FP notice in VA from scanning the postings.

U r right CH_VA......we will also see it coming soon.

singhnsingh said:
How was the fees collected or was there any problem please reply with details
Thanks in advance

We didn't send fees (fingerprinting) for my daughter.Becuse she was at 13 years old.USCIS accepted her I485 application.
Now USCIS send the FP notice(Now she is 14 years old).
I guess the fees(for FP) matters when the time of applying the I485 .

zamq said:
Jharkhandi, its good guess , one person in another forum got 9 LUD changes after that he got 485 approval.
how about this situation
suppose one guy recently applied 140/485 in 2005 and he got FPs but EAD/140 not yet approved,
his 485 LUD changed for 4 days what's his position?
does he get 485 approval before ead/140 approved?

I-140 has to be approved before they can approve I485

Jharkhandi said:

My FP was received 01/25, LUD changed 01/31 and 02/01, then approval on 02/25. That makes it 25 days or so? This is probably dependent on name check as well.

mike_inus said:
I-140 has to be approved before they can approve I485
you are correct,
so even if we get FPs now still long way to go to get our 485 approvals if we fall under retrogression

tony403 ,how about your case? you got approval or your case is pending?

tony403 said:
My FP was received 01/25, LUD changed 01/31 and 02/01, then approval on 02/25. That makes it 25 days or so? This is probably dependent on name check as well.
Yes IBIS name check is vital. I should have included that too. Thanks for correcting/adding tony403.

zamq said:
you are correct,
so even if we get FPs now still long way to go to get our 485 approvals if we fall under retrogression

tony403 ,how about your case? you got approval or your case is pending?

FP does not mean that you are close to your 485 approval. FP is just another step which is part of 485 application.

Read this : (from murhty.com)

If priority dates retrogress after the USCIS has received an AOS filing or the DOS has received a timely CP application, the USCIS or DOS may continue processing the case. For example, persons with pending I-485s, may be called for fingerprinting. This is not a cause for concern. It is also not necessarily connected in any way to the end of retrogression or the priority date becoming current at any point in the near future. It is just a routine part of the case that should be handled in a normal, routine manner.

Anyone with a pending AOS or CP application, who is contacted by the USCIS or DOS for further processing of any kind, whether fingerprinting, Request for Evidence, or any other matter, should respond to the request within the allowed timeframe to avoid a denial of the case. Assuming everything is in order, the case will then remain in pending status until it, hopefully, can be approved once the priority date becomes current.

that's a good point mike_inus
but you know coupe of days back people got their 485 approval whose PD is 2003 that too EB3?
how about that? any idea? why they got GCs

mike_inus said:
FP does not mean that you are close to your 485 approval. FP is just another step which is part of 485 application.

Read this : (from murhty.com)

If priority dates retrogress after the USCIS has received an AOS filing or the DOS has received a timely CP application, the USCIS or DOS may continue processing the case. For example, persons with pending I-485s, may be called for fingerprinting. This is not a cause for concern. It is also not necessarily connected in any way to the end of retrogression or the priority date becoming current at any point in the near future. It is just a routine part of the case that should be handled in a normal, routine manner.

Anyone with a pending AOS or CP application, who is contacted by the USCIS or DOS for further processing of any kind, whether fingerprinting, Request for Evidence, or any other matter, should respond to the request within the allowed timeframe to avoid a denial of the case. Assuming everything is in order, the case will then remain in pending status until it, hopefully, can be approved once the priority date becomes current.

mygc2005 said:
We didn't send fees (fingerprinting) for my daughter.Becuse she was at 13 years old.USCIS accepted her I485 application.
Now USCIS send the FP notice(Now she is 14 years old).
I guess the fees(for FP) matters when the time of applying the I485 .

I don't know what FP fees are and when to pay them, just paid a general I-485 fee upon application...can somebody please clarify?
Thx

zamq said:
that's a good point mike_inus
but you know coupe of days back people got their 485 approval whose PD is 2003 that too EB3?
how about that? any idea? why they got GCs

Because application which are received before January 1st 2005 does not have any impact of retrogression

mike_inus said:
Because application which are received before January 1st 2005 does not have any impact of retrogression

so just clarify me, is that if you apply before Jan 1st 2005, you can get your GC any time?? so then we wont come under retrogress at all ...
i am righ??

One thing I see common in EB2 filers is that everyone who is getting FP filed LC in 2002 or before 2002. Correct me if I am wrong.

This is not the case with EB3.

zamq said:
so just clarify me, is that if you apply before Jan 1st 2005, you can get your GC any time?? so then we wont come under retrogress at all ...
i am righ??

zamq

I think you are confused.
If you see my signature, my priority date is Sep 2001.
I will not come under retrogress if my application was filed before or after Jan 1 2005. I think same with you.

Also getting FP does not means that they are going to process your I485. This is another step which is requried for a I485 application. Similar to a medical test