2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Jharkhandi,

I recently moved to city2 and my FP / Biometrics notice is scheduled at city1. Is it ok it I visit the center in city2 and get the FP & Biometrics done (with code 3). Will it cause any issue in my I-485 approval (of course, I don't expect that in the near future as my PD is 02/04). I'm still in the process of updating my address.

I appreciate your help.

Documents for FP

zamq said:
ALL,
can anyone please let me know what documents i have to take for FP ?
one of my friend told me that

1. i have to take 140 copy also if i want to change my employer in the future
2. FP notice
3. EAD
4. 485 receipt
5. Driver's license
6. SSN card
7. Passport

for my wife
passport,485 notice and EAD

is it correct?, please let me know as i am preparing to go for FP

You have to show purpose of FP/Biometrics.(pending I-485, N-400 etc.)

As we all are doing FP and Biometrics for AOS(adjustment of status) or pending i-485

Requirement for FP and BIOMETRICS:

1. FP/Biometrics Notice (Make sure you make photocopy of it for your records they might retain orignial notice with them)
2. Copy of I-485
3. EAD ( if you have one) usually they don't ask
4. Atleast two photo identities (Drivers Lice. and Passport)
5. Dress well after all this picture will appear in GC :D

Jharkhandi said:
I see couple of advantages:
1. If you 140 is not done(for EB2 cases), most likely it will be done soon followed by 485(1 day to 30 days on an average).

2. Only when your FP is done, your cases stands a chance to be placed in adjudication ready shelf.

And most important is that:

3. You can call FBI and find out status of your FP. If anything is wrong in 'reading' it - get your lawyer's copy and get FP done second time. Otherwise, you will end up killing couple of days sitting for next FP, which can take as much as 6 months.

For enthusiasts:

I would suggest go for early FP a week or so before your date. FBI is very prompt and send response back same day.

that's good suggestion Jharkhadi,
mine is eb3 and my 140 already approved
i am planning to go for march 12,saturday for early FP
lets hope for the best

Did biometrics today

Thanks for all the useful post regarding the FP code. I had code 3 and when I did the first time they only did my FP. After seeing the forum I went back and did my biometrics.

They accepted it is their mistake .

Thanks for all your inputs.

itec said:

As we all are doing FP and Biometrics for AOS(adjustment of status) or pending i-485

1. FP/Biometrics Notice (Make sure you make photocopy of it for your records they might retain orignial notice with them)
2. Copy of I-485

that's good ..
point 5 is very important...ha..ha..

Chan99,

Do we receive FP notices? I was under impression that Lawyer will receive them.

Reason is we moved to a new address and updated it with INS 10 days back in which case there are chances I will miss them. Please clarify so that I can take appropriate action.

Thanks

cooldude2k4 said:
Jharkhandi,

I recently moved to city2 and my FP / Biometrics notice is scheduled at city1. Is it ok it I visit the center in city2 and get the FP & Biometrics done (with code 3). Will it cause any issue in my I-485 approval (of course, I don't expect that in the near future as my PD is 02/04). I'm still in the process of updating my address.

I appreciate your help.
That is fine. You can go to any ASC. I am not aware that any ASC has denied it.

itec said:

2. Copy of I-485
Point 5 is correct folks.

I dont know what is happening to my case.....if u see my signature you will understand. Its already more than a month that LUD on my EAD changed twice with no futher updates.....by seeing other post i am hoping that they might give me FP notice and checking mail box everyday.

any suggestion guys.....

Any Early Fingerprints done in Philadelphia?

Has anybody gotten their Fingerprints/biometrics done early in Philadelphia?

If so please let me know your experience. Did they allow you to do it?

I have a FP notice for 04/06/2005 and want to get it done early.

Also please update the tracker:

I-140 approved 01/25/2005
FP notice for 04/06/2005

Jharkhandi said:
That is fine. You can go to any ASC. I am not aware that any ASC has denied it.

Thank you. Do I have to make sure, I get an appointment at the new center or is it ok to walk-in that day.

FP Notice

Hello Guys
I received the FP notice for me and my wife
Notice Date - 02/24/2005
Appointment Date - 03/25/2005
At Newark , Code 3

Thanks

cooldude2k4 said:
Thank you. Do I have to make sure, I get an appointment at the new center or is it ok to walk-in that day.
I guess you can walk-in. However this is not what one of my friends did. He went to ASC a week before FP date and asked if he can get his FP done there(on the same date as FP notice states). He was allowed to do so. His FP was scheduled in Newark and he stays in DC metro area.

Even better would be to get infopass appointment and confirm with the officer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi awaitinggc04,

USCIS will send FP notice to applicant and also to applicant's Lawyer. Because I moved to new address and USPS was not forwarded my FP notice to my new address. So I am waiting for my Attorney's copy.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,
Chan99

awaitinggc04 said:
Chan99,

Do we receive FP notices? I was under impression that Lawyer will receive them.

Reason is we moved to a new address and updated it with INS 10 days back in which case there are chances I will miss them. Please clarify so that I can take appropriate action.

Thanks

pallu2004 said:
Has anyone recieved FP scheduled to be taken at Virginia.......

I did.. Yesterday. Please see my posting earlier today for details.. My appointment is scheduled for 4/2/2005 at the Alexandria office.

Jharkhandi said:
Point 5 is correct folks.

Jharkhandi,

If your opposition leader Lalloo Prasad was to appear for Biometrics then he would have wore perfume too thinking that digital technique will capture pictures with smell ....

Take Care

itec said:
Jharkhandi,

If your opposition leader Lalloo Prasad was to appear for Biometrics then he would have wore perfume too thinking that digital technique will capture pictures with smell ....

Take Care

He is as much your leader too - he is central minister. ;) Besides my state is different.