2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Should I be concerned or I am just getting old ?

Hi guys,

I see the meesages posted on this forum almost everyday. Most of the cases with receipt date close to my receipt date (8/19/03) have already got there I-140 cleared. My story is that I had applied concurrently and got my fingerprint done on 10/27/04 and my second EAD got approved last month. I have no clue as to what is going on with my I-140. No news whatsoever. Web site still shows LUD for I-140 as 8/19/03. Is there something unusual going on with my I-140 or is it going to be approved with 485 ? Btw, mine is a substituted labor case.

Guys ,although this might be out of place and context or may be too premature to ask but anyways I would still ask you all - What are the options of maintaining GC if I want to be in India for a long time after getting GC (only if I get one)? Do I need to take permission from CIS if I intend to be in India for 6 months or more each year or is there a better way wherein I get a job with US based company with operations in India and get transfered there ? I think it is worth maintaining gc at least for a few years considering I have waited so long.

Thanks in advance and good luck to all of you. :)

joyd said:
douglas,

It's very flattering! :) I am clueless about this too, I would go with ETA's theory of 2-6 months, but in reality I have been seeing ppl getting approved within 2 weeks of FP too, so keep your fingers crossed. ;)

Yeah right ! now that he has got his fingerprints done, he can afford to keep his fingers crossed. :eek:

SafeNH said:
Looks like you have updated a wrong spreadsheet... lot of entries are missing...

Could somebody upload the correct one.

-SafeNH

Done.

All: when updating the spreadsheet, make sure you edit the most recent one.

haoyun04: you will have to re-enter your info or ask someone to do it for you (not me -- I just add I-485 approval info these days :) ).

ETA

Updated RFE Info

Updated RFE info.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EB3,VSC, 140/EAD/AP/485 concurrent filing
(same dates as below for spouse)
====
RD:9/9/03,ND:9/11/03,AD:2/13/04
===========
EAD(1)
RD:12/08/03,ND:12/10/03,AD:4/20/04
===========
AP(1)
RD:12/08/03,ND:12/10/03,AD:4/26/04
===========
FP(1)
ND:08/18/04,FP:09/10/04
===========
RD:12/08/03,ND:12/10/03,AD:??
===========
RFE
Issued:10/8/04,Response Received by USCIS:11/04/04

-----------------------------------
LUD changes:
09/14/2004
09/16/2004
09/21/2004
10/11/2004
11/04/2004

Tracker Updated

Put I-485 date in for NoGCYet2003. His case was transferred to the local office on 06/21/04 so it's "complete" as far as the VSC (and this tracker) goes.

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
Close dates as Joyd

Joyd,

My 485 filed from PA as per my state of residence

Ehat about you? Our other dates are also too close... Let me know if you see any activity on your case... That brings a little hope to my case too...

Tracker Updated

Fixed out of order cases (please keep the tracker sorted by the I-140 ND).

Fixed a few bogus entries.

Added column (Z) to show expected time remaining for I-485 to be approved based on the average time (within each EB catagory) so far. Obviously this assumes that the trend that has been observed to date will continue which isn't necessarily the case.

ETA

ETA-GC said:
Added column (Z) to show expected time remaining for I-485 to be approved based on the average time (within each EB catagory) so far. ETA

Nice ETA! Hope it comes true...

Fixed spreadsheet.

Please remember:

• Keep cases sorted by the I-140 ND.

• Make sure you have a I-140 ND (if you filed separately, put the I-140 and I-485 NDs in).

• Make sure you don't enter invalid dates (e.g. 01/xx/03 or 01/1404 etc.).

• If you are adding a new entry, copy the entire before the line where your case goes then paste the new line in and edit the dates. You shouldn't need to modify any of the "stats" entries. Lots of people seem to be clearing the stats fields so they are no longer correctly updating.

ETA

ETA-GC said:
Fixed out of order cases (please keep the tracker sorted by the I-140 ND).

Fixed a few bogus entries.

Added column (Z) to show expected time remaining for I-485 to be approved based on the average time (within each EB catagory) so far. Obviously this assumes that the trend that has been observed to date will continue which isn't necessarily the case.

ETA

ETA, thanks for adding the expected time... But is number of days from now or since 485 filed???

kian said:
ETA, thanks for adding the expected time... But is number of days from now or since 485 filed???

From now. In fact, if you load the spreadsheet up again tomorrow, the expected time should drop (by a day).

As I said earlier though, this is only a very rough estimate. The good news is that the VSC seems to have been processing cases a lot faster than they did at the start of the year (which could mean that cases will be approved more quickly than the estimate).

The bad news is that the VSC could slow down at any time. In particular, the holidays are coming up and those could (and probably will IMO) add 2-3 weeks of delay.

And, the fact that 2 locations are being used to process cases will definitely mess up the estimates. People from the start of 2003 might get approved after people with NDs in April - October 2003 based on the limited information that we have on how the 2 locations are operating.

This also doesn't take concurrent adjucation of cases into account, although how/when this will be fully implemented and how this will impact processing times is unclear at this point. Also, note that cases which were filed separately are still going off the I-140 date for the purpose of estimation even though the I-485 average approval times are done wrt the I-485 filing date (which makes separately filed cases look like they took less time to approve than they really did). There might even be some cases where the I-485 was only filed after the I-140 was approved which would result in very inaccurate estimates (the I-485 filing date should probably be used in that case), although this is probably pretty rare (there may actually be none of these in the tracker).

ETA

485 Pending

My case
140: RD-11/25/02, ND-12/02/02 Appr Date-09/26/03
485: RD-06/04/2003, ND-06/17/04
FP1: Done Results Recvd. 05/06/04

I updated the 2003.xls for tracking my case, the expected days for 485 is coming to be 298 days.
Could someone please explain me why my projected time is coming to be that much? Does my 140 case file date effect my 485 approaval date?

Thanks.

i_piscean said:
My case
140: RD-11/25/02, ND-12/02/02 Appr Date-09/26/03
485: RD-06/04/2003, ND-06/17/04
FP1: Done Results Recvd. 05/06/04

I updated the 2003.xls for tracking my case, the expected days for 485 is coming to be 298 days.
Could someone please explain me why my projected time is coming to be that much? Does my 140 case file date effect my 485 approaval date?

Thanks.

From what I can tell, you must have entered the data incorrectly.

I added a case with your dates and depending on the EB catagory I get:

EB1: -149 days
EB2: -207 days
EB3: -228 days

Which EB catagory are you?

If the number is in red and looks like this (XXX) then the estimate is saying that you should have been approved XXX days ago on average.

But, per the comments I made above, for your case, the estimates aren't going to be that useful because

a) you filed the I-485 well after the I-140 was filed
b) your ND falls between the 2 service center locations (one is focussing on April - October 2003 cases, the other is handling all other cases)

The estimates go off of the I-140 ND and in your case these say that you should have been approved about 9 months ago based on the averages in the tracker. If I get the chance I'll improve the tracker to handle these situations, but there aren't too many of them so I didn't bother yet.

Does anyone know whether the VSC goes by the I-485 RD when this differs from the I-140 RD?

ETA

Thanks ETA-GC. Mine was EB3 and the numbers you have given match with my figure of 228 in RED.
The only option I have is to wait. I am just waiting for an update on Processing times for VSC after Oct, 21.

i_piscean said:
Thanks ETA-GC. Mine was EB3 and the numbers you have given match with my figure of 228 in RED.
The only option I have is to wait. I am just waiting for an update on Processing times for VSC after Oct, 21.

If they are going by the I-140 RD in your case then I would think that you could possibly get approval any day (with a good chance of getting it in < 2 months). Even if they are going off of your I-485 RD you should be in good shape since your case will be handled at the separate location which is handling Apr - Oct 2003 cases and we've been seeing lots of June 2003 approvals recently.

Unfortunately, with the VSC you never know and there will probably be many exceptions to these estimates, especially for "difficult" cases / cases which get transferred.

ETA