2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Tracker Updated

Added I-485 approval info for abhichicago (ND: 07/08/03 AD: 11/04/04).

% APPROVED (OUT OF CASES WITH FP AND I-140 DATES GIVEN...) 43.5%
% APPROVED (OUT OF CASES WITH FP DATE GIVEN...) 37.2%
% APPROVED (OUT OF CASES WITH I-140 APPROVAL DATE GIVEN...) 23.7%
% APPROVED (OUT OF ALL CASES) 16.5%

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
went to do my fingerprints today in Boston

did my fingerprints today. now the final countdown.... :eek:
any guesstimations on how long til i485 approved. so far my case has been clean cut, no issues, no rfe's, only one fingerprint, no glitches...can i be 60 days away or less?

joyd - what are your thoughts? you are the one i follow most on this site.

douglas said:
any guesstimations on how long til i485 approved. so far my case has been clean cut, no issues, no rfe's, only one fingerprint, no glitches...can i be 60 days away or less?

See my earlier post (#1651) where I gave my .02 for how long I think Oct/Nov ND's will take to be processed. Bottom line: most likely 2-6 months to go for you, with decreasing odds of it taking less or more time.

There are still many, many people with earlier ND's than yours (or mine) who haven't been processed yet so unless yours is an "easy" case which gets early approval, it could be a while yet.

ETA

Hi! Skriyaz,
Here is the email address for FBI: fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov.

Search on "name check" you will find all the required information. Joyd had arranged everything, you can contact him. There is a sticky forum where you get the format of the letter too.

Anish_GC

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why the update date on my case is changed almost everyday since they received my FP (it was changed on 10/29 , 11/01 and now 11/04) with same message that we received yr FP on October 21 etc.

Thanks

Can you add my information in the tracker or xls file

Labor : EB3 Oct 2002
140 ND : 02/19/2003
140 AD : 06/20/2003
485 ND : 03/26/2003
FP1 : 05/2003
FP2 : 09/17/2004(no notice, just walked in and gave my finger printing)
485 AD : 11/04/2004

query for gtoc

first, my congratulations!

secondly....if i may ask....where did you have your FP2? did they just let you in and have your FP taken? would appreciate if you can enlighten me on this....

thanks!

Fingerprinting status not updated

Hello,

I am concerned why the status of my second fingerprinting has not been updated. My I-485 ND is 01/08/03. I did my first fingerprinting in April 2003 and my second one on 09/29/04. When I lookup the status of my case, I still see the very old message from April 2003:

> On April 2, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485
> Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were
> received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a
> notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

I was hoping that the message would now change and acknowledge that I did my second fingerprinting. Is this something to be worried about? Originally my second FP was scheduled for 9/15, but I rescheduled it for 9/29. Would that matter?.

I have also seen that the USCIS website states they are processing I-485 cases for June 1 2003 at VSC. Mine was filed in Jan 2003. Does anyone have information on whether their processing date of June 2003 is "real" ?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
-MB
EB3 at VSC
I-485 RD - 01/08/03
ND - 02/03/03
I-140 approved on 09/30/03

mb12345 said:
I was hoping that the message would now change and acknowledge that I did my second fingerprinting. Is this something to be worried about? Originally my second FP was scheduled for 9/15, but I rescheduled it for 9/29. Would that matter?.

I have also seen that the USCIS website states they are processing I-485 cases for June 1 2003 at VSC. Mine was filed in Jan 2003. Does anyone have information on whether their processing date of June 2003 is "real" ?

Most of these questions / issues are discussed elsewhere but...

Don't worry about the status message not changing for your 2nd FP -- many people get approved without ever seeing the "FP received" message.

Apparently people who filed in Jan/Feb/Mar 2003 might be approved after people who filed in Apr - Oct 2003. There is a separate location handling Apr - Oct 2003 ND cases (and they apparently want to complete those by March 2005). The other location is handling all other NDs and apparently hasn't started the early 2003 ND cases in earnest yet.

The 06/01/03 processing date is somewhat misleading. There are many people with earlier NDs who have yet to be approved (just look at the tracker). I wouldn't be surprised if that date rolls back with the next update (which could come any day now).

ETA

Anish_GC said:
Hi! Skriyaz,
Here is the email address for FBI: fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov.

Search on "name check" you will find all the required information. Joyd had arranged everything, you can contact him. There is a sticky forum where you get the format of the letter too.

Anish_GC

Hi Anish_GC,

I emailed/faxed FBI enquiring about my "NAME CHECK" a week back.
Usually, how many days they take to respond.

Thanks.

LegalFrustrated said:
Hi Anish_GC,

I emailed/faxed FBI enquiring about my "NAME CHECK" a week back.
Usually, how many days they take to respond.

Thanks.

It usually takes about a month.

douglas said:

douglas,

It's very flattering! :) I am clueless about this too, I would go with ETA's theory of 2-6 months, but in reality I have been seeing ppl getting approved within 2 weeks of FP too, so keep your fingers crossed. ;)

RonaDhona said:
My notice date is 20-oct-2003.
I m getting worried cause i have not rec'd my FP notice yet.

Are there enuf ppl here from Oct-03 who have not rec'd FP yet, or am i the only one.

RonaDhona,

I like your name ;) Don't worry, you should get your FP notice soon.

thank you joyd and eta-gc

joyd, eta-gc, (and all participants):

thank you for your responses. here we are on a friday fall afternoon in beautiful boston (red sox winners :D , patriots winners :p , kerry loser :rolleyes: ). 2 out of 3 aint bad. more seriously i am hopfully 2-6 months away from approval of i485. this years boston tea party will include green tea for sure. i can almost feel it, touch it, smell it. what an ordeal (8 years ive been waiting!). i dont spend too much time writing in this forum, however i certainly check in everyday to see "my friends' joyd, eta-gc, and too many more to mention, and honestly look at everyone on this site as brothers and sisters, all fighting the same battle. this site has given me hope, fear, highs, lows, anxiety, celebration, and visits to a doctor to get prescriptions to manage all of the aforementioned symptoms. i imagine im not alone here. but enuf about me. thank you soo much to all of you for your participation, insights, willingness to help, guide, share, and give of yourself to those who need assistance. i think about what happens after i get green...what happens to all of you, does everyone get green, do some people get lost in the shuffle, screwed out of a job, career, compensation, thrown out of the country. i am sad for those people. however this forum has added tremendous benefit to all involved, and hopefully eliminated some pain for many (i know for me, i benefitted more than i put into it...i guess i feel a bit guilty). nonetheless THANK YOU ALL! have a great wknd, keep participating and sharing and may god bless this forum green. douglas

I saw somewhere on this forum that a big percentage of adjustments are being transferred to local service centers (30-55%). Is this a right assessment?
Thanks for any feedback.

Wrong spreadsheet

haoyun04 said:
Just added mine info
Looks like you have updated a wrong spreadsheet... lot of entries are missing...

Could somebody upload the correct one.

-SafeNH