2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Anyone find this odd...

Something occurred to me recently...

From the sampling scanning that nemessis has been doing (http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=956712#post956712) it looks like the VSC is transferring about 30-40% of cases these days (36% on average over the period that nemessis has been looking at with 50% or more for some days).

Yet, as far as I know, not one person in the 2003 tracker has been transferred so far...

Does anyone have any theories on this? It seems that possible explanations might include:

#1 Maybe this is just coincidence? Perhaps we don't have enough cases to be sure that this is statistically significant yet and maybe the people who have been transferred haven't been very "vocal" so we don't know about them.

#2 Maybe they're only mainly transferring certain types of cases, e.g. those which aren't employment based? (as far as I know all of the cases in the tracker are employment based)

Thoughts?

ETA

Good catch.

IMHO it's #2, since this tracker being the 140 forum has only attracted EB cases, which should be a little easier to adjudicate, have already gone through multiple levels of investigation and approval and which therefore should be 'less' likely to be deemed as requiring an interview...

Pls don't change the file name. Updated the filename and also my FP information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need Help - travelling outside Country

All,

Can someone please help me.

My 485 ND - July 24
Early FP Done - Oct 14

I am travelling outside country in november for a month. Currently I am in my 6th year of H1 that is valid til May 05. I do not have AP.
I am planning to get the visa stamped in home-country before returning to US.

You might think I am so pessimistic but... What are my options if I get rejected for visa stamping .

Ehat other options do I have... Is it possible to do AP somehow in emergency... and again if GC is aproved during my visit???

Please help..

Tracker Updated

Added approval info for CPage (wife). Previously we somehow had CPage approved 2x so this doesn't change the % approved :(.

ETA

485 approval

ETA-GC said:
Whoa! -- I just saw that your ND is 10/20/03 :eek:. Mine is 10/23/03, also EB3, just 10 lines below you :).

Yours is the approval with the most recent ND in the 2003 tracker so far. Was there anything special about your case (labor substitution etc.) that might have led to your getting approved so quickly?

ETA

Hi ETA-GC,
There wasnt anything special about my case. EB3 and has been going on since june 2001. Maybe company size (about 3000 employees), maybe luck :) But looking at other 485 trackers there have been a few others around aug, sep 2003 that got approvals, so yours shouldnt be 5 months away hopefully...

endless_gc_loop

joyd said:
Don't worry ETA, your approval is coming soon :)

Endless_gc_loop, congratulations!!! USCIS put an exit condition to your bug filled code with endless loop. :D

Yup that must be it ! I just got the formal letters in mail and we have an appointment on the 10th, so if all goes well, 10th will be the day of freedom :eek:)

thanks!
buggy code writer : endless_gc_loop

ETA-GC said:
As far as I know there's no problem entering on H status (or L or AP) if the I-485 is approved while you are away. I've been concerned about the same thing happening to me and our lawyer has assured me that I should just enter on the H then go for the rest of the GC processing (the I-551 stamping) once I'm back (it's less clear that I could leave / re-enter on H if the I-485 is approved before I leave the US with no time to get the stamp first...).

Congrats to both of you btw!

ETA

Thanks ETA ! I think thats what we'll do. The lawyer said my husband should try coming in from the GC lines, but from all the other info I got, it seems like entering with the H1 is best. We have an appointment on the 10th so he should hopefully be able to travel back if need be.

endless_gc_loop

ETA-GC said:
Added approval info for CPage (wife). Previously we somehow had CPage approved 2x so this doesn't change the % approved :(.

ETA

ETA,

Your wife (Cpage) has same FP and 485 approval date? Is she the primary applicant?

Gurus - Please reply

Joyd, ETA, anyone... any thoughts...

kian said:
All,

Can someone please help me.

My 485 ND - July 24
Early FP Done - Oct 14

I am travelling outside country in november for a month. Currently I am in my 6th year of H1 that is valid til May 05. I do not have AP.
I am planning to get the visa stamped in home-country before returning to US.

You might think I am so pessimistic but... What are my options if I get rejected for visa stamping .

Ehat other options do I have... Is it possible to do AP somehow in emergency... and again if GC is aproved during my visit???

Please help..

joyd said:
ETA,

Your wife (Cpage) has same FP and 485 approval date? Is she the primary applicant?

Cpage would have to say whether his wife is the primary and we may have the cases reversed. The FP and I-485 approval dates for Cpage are probably the same because the FP date was never given. A few days ago I went through the tracker and set any missing FP / I-140 dates to the I-485 date if the I-485 was approved (so the stats would be more accurate).

ETA

kian said:

I started to answer this last night then gave up because I felt I don't know enough about the situation...:p. I'm from a visa exempt country myself so I've never had to deal with stamps and I'm not sure what could lead to the stamp being refused (is this really that likely?). Some comments though:

+If you are really worried about this happening apply for AP so you have that to fall back on if necessary. It's not worth the risk of not being allowed back into the US and losing the GC process to save $165.

+Don't get your H stamped -- return to the US on the current stamp (which is good for another few months, right?). Of course, you'll need to make sure you can work until your GC is approved (which could be before the H runs out but no guarantee) so you'll either need to extend your H or apply for EAD. If you apply for an EAD, apply for AP at the same time if you think you will need to travel before getting the I-551 stamp for the GC.

+As far as I know you can't apply for AP unless you are in the US and the conventional wisdom is that you should have the approved AP before you travel.

ETA

Tracker Updated

gc11111 said:
I have updated the tracker.

Maybe, but you didn't post it :).

Updated the tracker with approval information for gc11111 (ND 05/08/03 AD: 11/01/04). This was a concurrent approval (added comment to this effect).

Congrats and I hope your wife is approved soon.

This approval pushes the %approved of all cases to 15.1% :eek:

ETA

ETA-GC said:
Cpage would have to say whether his wife is the primary and we may have the cases reversed. The FP and I-485 approval dates for Cpage are probably the same because the FP date was never given. A few days ago I went through the tracker and set any missing FP / I-140 dates to the I-485 date if the I-485 was approved (so the stats would be more accurate).

ETA

ETA,

My bad! Reading your other post, I thought Cpage was your wife and she's approved and you are not :p

kian said:

From what I read, I am getting that you do have a H1 extension but it's not stamped so you are giong to get it stamped and return on the basis of that. I would say if your job is solid and your company didn't have any layoffs or anything recently, what else can go wrong in the consulate?

To be safe, you can apply for Emergency AP, but it has to be an emergency, you may want to search the forums for that. I do remember there was an option in the AP form which allows you to get the AP from the Consulate while in India, I could be wrong. Check the AP form for details.