2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Hi,

I had used a substitute labor. I had my 140 approved within 1 month of application of 140/485 concurrently(ND 07/30/2003). I had my finger print done on 09/28/2004. My wife's status updated on web site, not mine.

I have a question!! Is there anything to do with using substitution labour? Is it causing delay for my 485 approval?

Please give me your opinions.

Thanks,
June192001. :confused:

FP Done on 10/16/2004 No LUD change

Hi,

We did FP on 10/16/2004, but there is no LUD update. What does this mean??.

140/485 concurrent
RD : 08/06/2003
ND : 08/28/2003
EAD1 : 10/25/2003
EAD2 : 08/20/2003
I140 Approval : 06/25/2004
FP ND : 09/28/2004 FP Date : 11/20/2004
Early FP Done : 10/16/2004
485 : No LUD update. Last updated 09/03/2003

Updated Excel
Thanks
Tasneem

JUNE192001 said:
I had used a substitute labor. I had my 140 approved within 1 month of application of 140/485 concurrently(ND 07/30/2003). I had my finger print done on 09/28/2004. My wife's status updated on web site, not mine.

I have a question!! Is there anything to do with using substitution labour? Is it causing delay for my 485 approval?

Please give me your opinions.

Thanks,
June192001. :confused:

What is your priority date? In labor substitution cases, I believe that the priority date of the original LC is supposed to determine when your case is processed. In some cases, if the labor was done a long time ago, this can help to get approved fairly quickly but if the labor was filed closer to when you filed for the GC, the PD isn't going to help (I'm not sure if this could actually slow things down for you relative to non-substitution cases though).

Note that they aren't even officially processing your RD yet (and the official date of 06/01/03 is fairly bogus anyway) so it's probably premature to think that your case might have been delayed at this point (unless you have a really old PD).

Note: the priority date should be the date that the LC was filed and it should be on some of the notices that the VSC sent you.

ETA

tasneeman said:
We did FP on 10/16/2004, but there is no LUD update. What does this mean??.

Lot's of people don't get a LUD change after doing FP. It may or may not change before you get approved.

ETA

Thank you ETA, How long does it take after AP to get approval

Thanks ETA for updating me regarding LUD.

Is there any predictable time after FP for getting 485 approval

Thanks
Tasneem

Experience Letter

Pardon me since this question is not directly related to this thread but there are some gurus in this forum who could advice me so I am posting here.

I am planning to change my job and want my new employer to file for my LC after Jan 1 2005. I have some issues with my current employer and when I quit there are possibilities that the parting may not be good. My fear is that my current employer may not give me the experience letter and even if they give they will definitely not write what I need for future LC. I want to apply in EB-2 catagory.

What is the risk and what are my options? I appreciate your expert advice.

APD said:
Pardon me since this question is not directly related to this thread but there are some gurus in this forum who could advice me so I am posting here.

I am planning to change my job and want my new employer to file for my LC after Jan 1 2005. I have some issues with my current employer and when I quit there are possibilities that the parting may not be good. My fear is that my current employer may not give me the experience letter and even if they give they will definitely not write what I need for future LC. I want to apply in EB-2 catagory.

What is the risk and what are my options? I appreciate your expert advice.

The experience letter does not necessarily have to be from the employer, it can be from any of your colleague working with you or even your client(if you are a consultant)

joyd said:
Don't worry ETA, your approval is coming soon :)

Endless_gc_loop, congratulations!!! USCIS put an exit condition to your bug filled code with endless loop. :D

That was an appropriate answer by you joyd :)

tasneeman said:
Is there any predictable time after FP for getting 485 approval.

Some people are getting approved shortly after FP (in a few weeks to a couple months) but I don't know if there's any established pattern -- things still appear to be very random...

ETA

Status Update

Hi,

I got my FP done 10/14/2004. I see this today with an update date of 10/29/2004.

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On October 21, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your
I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were
received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a
notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

I did not receive FP notice for my spouse yet.I have received at about 2 months ago. Should she have to contact USCIS?

Thanks

vd2000 said:
Hi,

I got my FP done 10/14/2004. I see this today with an update date of 10/29/2004.

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On October 21, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your
I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were
received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a
notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

I did not receive FP notice for my spouse yet.I have received at about 2 months ago. Should she have to contact USCIS?

Thanks

Same thing had happened to me. Two months had passed and my wife had not received here FP, So I mailed a letter to vermont stating my concern and with in 2 weeks i got here FP notice.

here is the address:
Mr. Paul E. Novak, Jr., Director
Vermont Service Center
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, Vermont 05479-0001

Thanx for your response

ETA,

Thanx for your valuable time and a detailed response. I really appreciate it.
I have decided to apply for AP (for my wife), to be on the safer side.

ETA-GC said:
As soon as your wife uses her EAD, it will invalidate her H status so, yes, she will need advanced parole to re-enter the US (and to keep her I-485 alive). As far as I know, you are not affected by this -- as long as you don't use your EAD, your H status is still valid even if your wife's isn't.

Make sure you allow enough time to get the AP, although I don't *think* these are taking *too* long these days. Does anyone know btw if an RFE on the I-485 can block the AP approval (as it can with an EAD)?

Also keep in mind that with your ND (11/18/03 from the tracker?), there is a distinct possibility that you could be approved before you leave on your trip. We just saw a 10/20/03 approval today, although these are fairly rare currently and I don't expect October 2003 approvals to start in earnest until Feb/Mar next year at the earliest.

Important: *If* your I-485 is approved *before* you leave the US you are entering a "gray area" in immigration law (this applies to you and your wife). Some people say that your H / L / AP status is invalid as soon as you are approved and you MUST get a I-551 stamp before leaving the US. My own lawyer *highly recommended* doing this but felt that it would be unlikely that we would be denied entry if we left without it anyway (e.g. if we got approval 2 days before our flights and had no time to get the stamp). I have yet to hear a definitive answer to this issue (if you hear anything from your own lawyer on this please share it :)). I suppose I'd have to consider cancelling our trip if this happened to us and there was any doubt that we'd be able to re-enter and get the GCs (after waiting 6+ years for them...).

Note: If the I-485 approval comes *after* you leave the US, you should be ok -- you will re-enter on the H / AP then complete the PR process when you are back. I've argued elsewhere that there must be many people who travel out of the US without knowing that their I-485 has been approved (e.g. because they don't know about the online status check) and it seems highly unlikely that these people wouldn't be allowed back into the US to complete their PR process as long as they have / had valid H / L / AP. Apart from the issue of how the border people could know when you left the US (or whether they would even notice that you have an approved I-485) this seems to imply that there must be some flexibility in the system for handling these situations...

ETA

Tracker Updated

Added I-485 approval info for FedUpOfWaiting (ND: 05/14/03 AD: 10/29/04).

Also, if the I-485 is approved and the FP date / I-140 approval date weren't given, I set these to the I-485 approval date for now. Feel free to correct these if you have the real dates, but at least this way the stats will be a bit more accurate.

% APPROVED (OUT OF CASES WITH FP AND I-140 DATES GIVEN...) 40.3%
% APPROVED (OUT OF CASES WITH FP DATE GIVEN...) 33.9%
% APPROVED (OUT OF CASES WITH I-140 APPROVAL DATE GIVEN...) 21.2%
% APPROVED (OUT OF ALL CASES) 14.7%

Also, if the FP notice date is not given but the FP date is given (i.e. FP was done), spreadsheet now uses the FP date to calculate the FP time.

Also, fixed FP time for the first row (it was blank).

Fixed what appear to be bogus FP dates (wrong year was likely given resulting in a very negative FP time -- I left sct75's FP time alone since he explained what happened in that case).

ETA

:(

excuse me if this question is irrelevent to this thread, but i have seen this thread v helpful . i had interview at Washington Dc office , on oct 25th, 04. interview went fine , in the end officer said name check is still pending , WHAT DOES THAT MEAN , and how long it can take , any comments and suggestions will be highly appreciated.
thanks in advance

adnamj said:
excuse me if this question is irrelevent to this thread, but i have seen this thread v helpful . i had interview at Washington Dc office , on oct 25th, 04. interview went fine , in the end officer said name check is still pending , WHAT DOES THAT MEAN , and how long it can take , any comments and suggestions will be highly appreciated.
thanks in advance

See http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=148463.

ETA

RFE - Ridiculous reason by USCIS

dvb_2003 said:
Hello,
Today My case status has changed to :

"On October 25, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

Does it mean RFE sent???
Share your thoughts.
Thanks

dvb_2003,
On Oct8, I had an RFE issued against my case ...same description as yours(my wife's case not yet updated). I did not have my birth certificate that was issued at the time of my birth. Mine was generated in 2003. USCIS says that since that document was not generated at the time of birth, they need secondary evidence like documents from my elementary/primary school education etc (apparently even a legal govt. certified and provided document is not sufficient...but a document provided by some elementary school in a far off country is enough for them :eek: :confused: ).
In addition, they asked for all my tax documents from last 2 yrs, paystubs for last 3 months, continued employment letter from my employer. Fortunately I sent off all these on Oct28th to my lawyer.Hopefully they will be submitted next week.....and then probably a few more months before the journey ends!

Hopefully your RFE will be an easier one. Hope for the best in your case.

Cheers,
Speedy1027

dvb_2003 said:
Hello,
Today My case status has changed to :

"On October 25, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

Does it mean RFE sent???
Share your thoughts.
Thanks

This is the same message my daughter has. I requested her name correction and they did it. That is the reason it has changed to this message which makes sense. But in your case, was there anything like this ???