2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Traveling on AP

Hi Guru's,

I am traveling in Nov to Europe and had a question regarding it. I have H1 valid until Feb 2005 and also have EAD and AP, which I am not using at present valid until May next year. Would u recommend using the H1 or AP when I re-enter US.

Any thoughts

Thanks
V

VaLabor_02 said:
Hi Guru's,

I am traveling in Nov to Europe and had a question regarding it. I have H1 valid until Feb 2005 and also have EAD and AP, which I am not using at present valid until May next year. Would u recommend using the H1 or AP when I re-enter US.

Any thoughts

Thanks
V

You might be better off using H1-B. I had a similar situation and my attorney sugegsted to use H1.

Thanks

Tracker Updated

Updated I-485 approval info for hope97 (ND: 08/19/03 AD: 11/02/04). Also updated his FP info.

ETA

Tracker Updated

Updated I-485 approval info for Frantix (ND: 02/04/03 AD: 11/02/04). His wife was approved at the same time.

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
Approval time-frame after 1stFP?

Does anybody have an idea about the average time for approvals after 1st FP - done in 10/04 (ND - 11/03), based on current trends?

Thanks.

pappu said:
Does anybody have an idea about the average time for approvals after 1st FP - done in 10/04 (ND - 11/03), based on current trends?

Thanks.

For my ND (10/23/03) I'm predicting that I a) could be approved in < 1 month if I'm very lucky, b) could very likely be approved within 5 months, c) could be stuck waiting for 8+ months if I'm unlucky.

I'm not sure that the FP date has much impact on when your case gets processed (apart from the fact that the FP needs to be done) although there's been some indication that people who did FP2 were approved shortly afterwards...

ETA

No FP Notice - 20-oct-2003

My notice date is 20-oct-2003.
I m getting worried cause i have not rec'd my FP notice yet.

Are there enuf ppl here from Oct-03 who have not rec'd FP yet, or am i the only one.

Approval message on website

Received 2 approval emails both identical. Looks like good news..
what happens after receiving the approval letter. is there a scheduled interview?

485 RD 03/17/2003
485 ND 04/2003
FP1 05/23/2003 FP2 09/15/2004
485 AD 11/02/2004 (As per Message on website)

Tracker Updated

Added I-485 approval info for GIVEME_VALABOR (ND: 03/17/2003 AD: 11/02/2004).

Also, for the FP time, use the FP date rather than the FP notice date if FP date is given.

ETA

Tracker Updated

Added I-485 approval info for labor052001 (ND: 06/26/03 AD: 11/03/04).

The approvals just keep coming... :cool:

ETA

GIVEME_VALABOR said:
Received 2 approval emails both identical. Looks like good news..
what happens after receiving the approval letter. is there a scheduled interview?

485 RD 03/17/2003
485 ND 04/2003
FP1 05/23/2003 FP2 09/15/2004
485 AD 11/02/2004 (As per Message on website)

Can u please share ur category(eb2/eb3) and your priority date.
Thanks.

my details

Can somebody please add mine?

I-140 already approved.

AD : 12-27-2001

( Left the original company, joined back after 2 years and continued on the same Labor/I-140 !! )

I-485 ( EB3 category)
ND: 10-21-2003
FP : 09-08-2004 (Got status update as "results received and processing resumed, FBI said they have sent results back)

Waiting for approval! :rolleyes:

Tracker Updated

Added I-485 transfer information for AOS030326 (ND: 03/26/03 TD: 11/03/04).

This is our first transfer as far as I know.

16.3% of all cases are approved now (I'm treating transferred / denied cases as "approved" since they are off the books as far as the VSC is concerned).

ETA

Received 4 e-mails informing us (my wife and me) that we are approved.

Please update my information.

Recently done the following:
Initiated inquiry 10/22- Haven't heard or got any reply from them
Changed address on 10/22 - No status change online
Faxed to FBI for Name check for both my wife and me on 10/22 & E-mailed to FBI on 10/24 - No email or fax(Haven't recieved anything)

Thanks also goes to Mr.Rajiv Khanna
for creating this wonderful community to share information and also encouraging and supporting one another
during this long process.

I wish everyone a speedy approval.

Some useful Information on Driving license name check which may help:
In August, i had received a letter from New York DMV for SSN & Name verification. The letter states that I had to respond within 15 days or they will suspend my driving license. I have a long name & due to Patriot Act which was passed this year they checked my name & ssn.
I had to do the following things:
1)All I had to do was call a number that they had provided on the letter, the operator told me to fax my SSN card. They took 2 days and called me back informing me that they could not verify my name. I asked them how they were trying to check my name with the databases. My first name had two words( ex: Venkat Ram) and they were checking with two words & were not able to find information on me and that was causing this problem. I told the operator to check with a single word and try combinations on my first name with words and finally they verified my information. I think the name check for a lot of people with First name or last name with two or more words will have a problem.
This operator verified my information and told me to contact the SSN office also.
2) Went to the SSN office next day. SSN officer asked for my card typed my name into the database and took out a print out of information from INS database( this database is not the one with our EAC #’s), she told me that my name doesn’t match with their record and changed my name according to the INS record. The INS record does not have my two words in my first name and instead has only one word and also they did not have my middle initial. To my horror my first name was cut into half & my middle initial was gone. She informed me that only INS(USCIS office) can change my name and cannot be done at the SSN office even with my passport & I-94 record. I tried to explain her that she cannot change my name and showed her my I-94 & passport with the right name & also showed her my I-485/I-140/EAD with the right name on them.
3) Went to the local USCIS(INS) office showed my I-94 & passport and changed my name. The officer told me that at the port of entry though I had provide my full name on I-94 someone had not entered it properly.
4) Went to the SSN office after 2 days and corrected the name and they provided me a new card.

What is the FBI Fax# & e-mail id?

Anish_GC said:
Received 4 e-mails informing us (my wife and me) that we are approved.

Please update my information.

Recently done the following:
Initiated inquiry 10/22- Haven't heard or got any reply from them
Changed address on 10/22 - No status change online
Faxed to FBI for Name check for both my wife and me on 10/22 & E-mailed to FBI on 10/24 - No email or fax(Haven't recieved anything)

Thanks also goes to Mr.Rajiv Khanna
for creating this wonderful community to share information and also encouraging and supporting one another
during this long process.

I wish everyone a speedy approval.

Some useful Information on Driving license name check which may help:
In August, i had received a letter from New York DMV for SSN & Name verification. The letter states that I had to respond within 15 days or they will suspend my driving license. I have a long name & due to Patriot Act which was passed this year they checked my name & ssn.
I had to do the following things:
1)All I had to do was call a number that they had provided on the letter, the operator told me to fax my SSN card. They took 2 days and called me back informing me that they could not verify my name. I asked them how they were trying to check my name with the databases. My first name had two words( ex: Venkat Ram) and they were checking with two words & were not able to find information on me and that was causing this problem. I told the operator to check with a single word and try combinations on my first name with words and finally they verified my information. I think the name check for a lot of people with First name or last name with two or more words will have a problem.
This operator verified my information and told me to contact the SSN office also.
2) Went to the SSN office next day. SSN officer asked for my card typed my name into the database and took out a print out of information from INS database( this database is not the one with our EAC #’s), she told me that my name doesn’t match with their record and changed my name according to the INS record. The INS record does not have my two words in my first name and instead has only one word and also they did not have my middle initial. To my horror my first name was cut into half & my middle initial was gone. She informed me that only INS(USCIS office) can change my name and cannot be done at the SSN office even with my passport & I-94 record. I tried to explain her that she cannot change my name and showed her my I-94 & passport with the right name & also showed her my I-485/I-140/EAD with the right name on them.
3) Went to the local USCIS(INS) office showed my I-94 & passport and changed my name. The officer told me that at the port of entry though I had provide my full name on I-94 someone had not entered it properly.
4) Went to the SSN office after 2 days and corrected the name and they provided me a new card.

Congratulations!!! Anish GC.
Anish GC, May I know the FBI Fax# and e-mail id?

Did I dream the believes or did I believes the dream?

my gc got approved today.
Please update my profile.
Many thanks to everyone on this board.
Regards

Please add my details.

EB-2 ( LC Substitute )

PD: 05/24/01

I-140 RD:06/20/03 ND:07/20/03, AD: 01/07/04

I-485 RD:06/20/03 ND:07/20/03

EAD1 AD: 07/29/03
EAD2 AD: 07/27/04

FP ND: 08/14/04