2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Added I-485 approval info for qqlabor (ND: 07/29/03 AD: 10/26/04)

13.3% of the 2003 cases are approved now.

ETA

How to know whether "Name Check" has been done or not ?

Hi Guys,

How to know whether "Name Check" has been done or not ?
How/Where to send this request to FBI ??

Your input is much appriciated.

Thanks.

cso said:
Added myself

Cso, you edited and uploaded a really old tracker (it's < 1/3 the size it should be -- I think you took the original file). Please download this one and make your changes there.

ETA

Fyi...

People,

If you are updating the tracker, please put "Tracker Updated" as the title of your post. That way, it is easy for anyone to find the latest updated tracker.

Thanks.
Joyd

I485 approvel while traveling abroad.

Guys,
This forum has been very useful and informative to me. I just got a very serious situation and need your suggestions.
I am now travelling in Japan for business. WHen I checked my I485 status online today, I found that it's been proven three days ago, which is much earlier than I expected. It is a good news for me. But since I am outside country, I am concerned about how it will affect my reentry back to the states. I planed to use my AP to get back and prepared for all the documents from the company.
One of my freinds told me that his lawyer asked him to wait for the I485 approval when he planned traveling.
Do you have or know any similar experience ? How serious is the problem? Can I still use AP for reentry? I appreicate any experience sharing or suggestions for me.
Thanks a lot.

EB2
I-485 RD: 06/11/03 ND: 09/02/03 AD: 10/22/04
FP1 : ND :04/11/04 FP Done on 04/16/04
I-140 ND: 06/11/03 AD : 04/11/04

March Filers

Has anyone got RFE after FP2 and whose RD is between Mar-20-03 and Apr-04-03 ?
I want to go by trends as after how many days responding to RFE they approve 485.My LUD has changed 4 times since i responded but no approval so far.
In some cases i have seen 485 approvals coming within few days after responding to RFE.

GCfans said:
Can I still use AP for reentry?

Everything that I've read on this says that you can re-enter on your AP (or H / L status if you happened to have that) if your I-485 is approved while you are away. This probably happens all the time. There's a good chance the border people won't even notice that you are approved. If they do, I've seen unconfirmed reports that they could possibly stamp your passport with an I-551 at that time.

The gray area occurs when your I-485 is approved just *before* you travel.

ETA

Eta-gc

I am holding my breath not to fall in the grey area....leaving on Nov 19th. I have to go (booked ticket 6 months ago...) and the travel date is non-negotiable.

In that grey area case, do i have to get the H1 stamping to get back even though I have AP? The question is will US consulate entertain H1 visa stamping attempt when I485 approved!!

rajudm said:
I am holding my breath not to fall in the grey area....leaving on Nov 19th. I have to go (booked ticket 6 months ago...) and the travel date is non-negotiable.

In that grey area case, do i have to get the H1 stamping to get back even though I have AP? The question is will US consulate entertain H1 visa stamping attempt when I485 approved!!

Hey rajudm.

I've got my fingers crossed for you :).

I think you might have already seen my comments on this elsewhere but this is really a situation which needs clarification IMO.

Most lawyers seem to say that you need to get stamped before travelling if you are approved *before* you leave the US.

As I've argued elsewhere, it seems highly likely that many people will end up travelling after their approval date without even knowing that they've been approved. I can't imagine that these people wouldn't somehow be allowed back into the US.

Which raises the issue: at what point when you are approved while in the US do you absolutely need to be stamped before travelling? Do you just have to show that you "reasonably" could not have known about the approval (unless you are checking your status online and/or receiving emails, some people probably don't hear about their approvals for 2 weeks or longer after it's happened).

ETA

Hi,
I am new to this site and not sure how to properly use it.
I filed I-485 in sep 2003 to VSC after my NIW I-140 was approved by CSC (moved from CA to MD inbetween).
My info is below, I would appreciate if someone would add it to the right excel file.
Thanks!

Updated with my FP info too

concurrent filing on 12/5/03.
140 approved on 6/1/04.
EAD/AP approved on 6/29/04
FP to be done on 10/29/04.