2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

separate appointments

destiny said:
Hi Guys,
Its my turn now. I-485 is approved for both myself and my spouse on Nov 5th.I came to know through online status change.I am yet to receive noices in the mail.

Do I need to take seperate appointments for myself and my spouse or single apt through infopass?

It was a pleasant surprise when I received the emails abt our approvals. Hang in there guys.You are not far off from the day.

Destiny

I think, you need to take separate appointments for the same day and time. Immigration officer checks the appointment schedule with each applicant. We took two separate appointments (safe side) for stamping and tomorrow is our appointment day.

FP Done Today at Newark ASC

Hi Guys

I did the FP today at the Newark ASC..was smooth...went there at 8:15
came out at 9:15 ..my appoinment date was today only at 9:00...

Next is to Wait for the 485 Approval i guess.. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tracker was old, here is the latest one

Couple of updates are missing from the file you uploaded. Here is the latest tracker.

Please download the latest tracker for updating.

jack76 said:
Hi Guys

I did the FP today at the Newark ASC..was smooth...went there at 8:15
came out at 9:15 ..my appoinment date was today only at 9:00...

Next is to Wait for the 485 Approval i guess.. :confused:

Tracker Updated

Added cases for 'psomeguy' and 'ramaksc'. Both of these cases are approved.

'ramaksc' is one of the luckiest, if not THE luckiest person! His 485 ND is 12/30/03.

LUD changed

LUD changed on 11/08/04.....

Congrats to all who got approval and good luck to the ones in wait mode....

knpguy2004 said:
'ramaksc' is one of the luckiest, if not THE luckiest person! His 485 ND is 12/30/03.

Although, his I-140 ND is much earlier (04/01/03) and presumably his RD is at least a few days before that.

Does anyone know which RD they go by if these differ for the I-140 and I-485? In the case of ramaksc, this certainly seems to point towards them using the I-140 RD unless his was a labor substitution case (he didn't say that it was) in which case they would apparently go off of the PD (priority date) for the original LC.

ETA

Last month I had shifted to New York from New Jersey, I had sent the change of address to KY & also called NSC on 10/22/04 and updated my address but my LUD or online message never changed.

Today I had received a letter from USCIS about my case status inquiry to my present address in NY but sent the 485 approvals to my old address in NJ.

The exact message on the letter:

The status of your claim is:
This case has been approved. An approval notice was sent out to a NJ address on 11/03/04. Please utilize INFOPASS on our website to make an appointment to be processed for your permanent resident card as indicated on your approval letter.

I had called NSC customer service and informed them about my address changes and the text of the status inquiry, she told me that I cannot change my address since my case was approved and if I need to call them after Dec 3rd(30 days after approval date). She told me to send a letter to Vermont Service center and they will look at this information or I have to file I-824 for duplicate approval notices.

I am worried that the approval notice will go to my old address & return back to USCIS since the Postal services do not forward INS documents.

Please let me know if you have any information on how to get my approval notices to my present address. Please help me out.

Anish

Follow as they say and you shall be fine in a while.

Anish_GC said:
Last month I had shifted to New York from New Jersey, I had sent the change of address to KY & also called NSC on 10/22/04 and updated my address but my LUD or online message never changed.

Today I had received a letter from USCIS about my case status inquiry to my present address in NY but sent the 485 approvals to my old address in NJ.

The exact message on the letter:

The status of your claim is:
This case has been approved. An approval notice was sent out to a NJ address on 11/03/04. Please utilize INFOPASS on our website to make an appointment to be processed for your permanent resident card as indicated on your approval letter.

I had called NSC customer service and informed them about my address changes and the text of the status inquiry, she told me that I cannot change my address since my case was approved and if I need to call them after Dec 3rd(30 days after approval date). She told me to send a letter to Vermont Service center and they will look at this information or I have to file I-824 for duplicate approval notices.

I am worried that the approval notice will go to my old address & return back to USCIS since the Postal services do not forward INS documents.

Please let me know if you have any information on how to get my approval notices to my present address. Please help me out.

Anish

Follow as they say,if you have delivery confirmation from the original letter for COA (change of address) that you sent them - then send a copy of it to them in your next letter stating your change of address, again.
I was in the same situation but for my FP Notice, one letter came thru and got fwded while the other went back to them and got re-enveloped with the new address and was resent to me at the new address.
But in the mean time do what they say and send in the letter and any proof from the earlier letter that you may have.
Don’t worry you shall be fine, just that it shall take some time to get the approvals in hand.
All the best.

I have been a silent observer of this forum, which has great spirit and information, nice to be a part of it.
Cheers! :cool:

ETA-GC said:
Although, his I-140 ND is much earlier (04/01/03) and presumably his RD is at least a few days before that.

Does anyone know which RD they go by if these differ for the I-140 and I-485? In the case of ramaksc, this certainly seems to point towards them using the I-140 RD unless his was a labor substitution case (he didn't say that it was) in which case they would apparently go off of the PD (priority date) for the original LC.

ETA

Hi ETA-GC,

My Statistics are as follows:

I140/1485 : RD 06/26/2003 ND 07/09/2003
I140 AD 04/28/2004
FP1 : done on 08/25/2004

Recent LUD changes : 10/5/04;10/06/04;10/15/04;10/18/04

I called up FBI to find my Name Check status and they say they received it on 07/31/2003 from INS and till date it is pending.

ETA-GC, can you let me know if i have to expedite my name check and what are channels through which i can do this.

Thanks,
VA_Mclean.

VA_Mclean said:
I called up FBI to find my Name Check status and they say they received it on 07/31/2003 from INS and till date it is pending.

ETA-GC, can you let me know if i have to expedite my name check and what are channels through which i can do this.

Sorry to hear that your name check is pending. From what I understand, some people have had success asking the FBI to expedite their name check if it's been pending more than X days (I don't know what X is).

I don't know off-hand how you go about doing this -- I'd search for "name check" in the VSC I-485 forum / post a question there if you can't find the info. There might also be something in the VSC I-140 FAQ thread. Presumably, you fax them a request to expedite your case (or get your lawyer to send them something) but I'm not sure about the details (e.g. how to word the request etc.).

Good luck!

ETA

please explain

Hi ETA

I am sorry to be so naive on this thing!...

what is Name Check..when does this happen..does this mean FP...(i just did my fp yesterday at newark)..or some thing else..do i have to get that done for I485... :mad:

Could u tell normally after how long does INS get the info back to them..
can i see any change in the website in a weeks time...or am i being optimistic!..My brain says INS defies Logic!..but my heart is not will to get that!..

Please bear with my ignorance!..

Thanks
jack

Ya please elaborate on Name Check

Hi ETA-GC and all else on the forum

Even i am not aware of what name check means. When it happens. Also can you please give the details about how to get information about your name check from FBI

Thanks
Tasneem

Please keep this tracker clean

tasneeman, jack76 and everyone

Please use this tracker to post changes in status, LUD, Approvals etc. Post all other queries and doubts to appropirate forums. I think this is not the right place to ask this questions. More over the Name Check issue has been addressed more than 1000 times here and else where. Folks, please search the forums to get your answers. Hope everybody understands.

Hi Bonded_labourer

I tried to find but could not get any apt reply!..i have checked few places all they say is how to contact and what is the letter format ..etc...i still could not find the answers for my question...

1) what is Name check...
2) which part of my processing this comes to picture!..
3) all i hear is many people say they contacted..waiting..done...
this does not answer why do i have to do it in the first place..

For you info..i post changes,approval....

Please dont get offended..
people ask questions here too...
i saw a person few posts above ask abt name check that is the
reason i asked ETA ..just to know am i missing anythin!..

Bonded_Labourer said:
tasneeman, jack76 and everyone

Please use this tracker to post changes in status, LUD, Approvals etc. Post all other queries and doubts to appropirate forums. I think this is not the right place to ask this questions. More over the Name Check issue has been addressed more than 1000 times here and else where. Folks, please search the forums to get your answers. Hope everybody understands.

Passport stamped without approval letter

I did not know what to do so I went to the Albany Service center

Final stamping story:
Today I had reached Albany Service center at 8:15am showed them my case inquiry letter. The security guard gave me a token and told me to sit and an information immigration officer will call you. Before I could get to find a seat my token was called. Showed them the case inquiry letter. The case inquiry letter was addressed to my current address. I told her that I had received the case inquiry letter to my present address & the approval was sent to my old address. Immigration officer showed the letter to next clerk & laughed at the message and asked me for my passport / I-94/EAD/AP/ 2 photographs and proof of residence( I was tensed before she asked me my passport since I was expecting a run around for my approval notice). She filled a form and took the index finger print & signature. After my stamping she took my wife’s documents and stamped her passport. (My wife’s case was approved but did not have approval notice or case inquiry letter except for passport / I-94/EAD/AP and 2 photos). She told us that we can travel anywhere and the plastic card will take 3-6 months to reach us. By 8:28am our stamping was done and were out of the small building.

Anyway, It’s a happy ending without an approval letter.

Anish

Jack76..

ETA-GC created a sticky thread to serve the purpose. Could you please read through that thread...(complete diagnosis of FBI's way of handling name checks...), also take a look at Rahul Kumar's name check experience thread. Unfortunately in some cases USCIS has forgotten asking for name check.

This particular thread is to see if we have any new approvals in past few days. Hope members understand the frustration of anxious I485 waiters.

:mad:
rajudm said:
ETA-GC created a sticky thread to serve the purpose. Could you please read through that thread...(complete diagnosis of FBI's way of handling name checks...), also take a look at Rahul Kumar's name check experience thread. Unfortunately in some cases USCIS has forgotten asking for name check.

This particular thread is to see if we have any new approvals in past few days. Hope members understand the frustration of anxious I485 waiters.

World of Possibilities....

Hi - Anish_GC

Great - to know "Aisa Bhi Hota Hai"
All the best - and Congrats.
Hope we get ours soon too

uNeverKnow
EB3 Concurrent ND 09/22/03 All thru await I485

Anish_GC said:
I did not know what to do so I went to the Albany Service center

Final stamping story:
Today I had reached Albany Service center at 8:15am showed them my case inquiry letter. The security guard gave me a token and told me to sit and an information immigration officer will call you. Before I could get to find a seat my token was called. Showed them the case inquiry letter. The case inquiry letter was addressed to my current address. I told her that I had received the case inquiry letter to my present address & the approval was sent to my old address. Immigration officer showed the letter to next clerk & laughed at the message and asked me for my passport / I-94/EAD/AP/ 2 photographs and proof of residence( I was tensed before she asked me my passport since I was expecting a run around for my approval notice). She filled a form and took the index finger print & signature. After my stamping she took my wife’s documents and stamped her passport. (My wife’s case was approved but did not have approval notice or case inquiry letter except for passport / I-94/EAD/AP and 2 photos). She told us that we can travel anywhere and the plastic card will take 3-6 months to reach us. By 8:28am our stamping was done and were out of the small building.

Anyway, It’s a happy ending without an approval letter.

Anish