2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Tracker Updated

I added my info into the tracker as the last line before summary lines. Hope this is the right way to update.

knpguy2004 said:
I added my info into the tracker as the last line before summary lines. Hope this is the right way to update.

No -- the cases should stay sorted by the I-140 ND within each of the EB sections. I fixed this for you and inPhilly.

ETA

485 Approved !

I guess the gc loop does end at some point... my 485 was approved on oct 25th. I must thank all of you for the wonderful forum... it has seen me through many frustrating days and the information is just so helpful !

I updated the tracker.

I'll still hang around this forum for quite some time as there's more paper work etc and I'm sure I'll have more questions :)

Good luck to all... the road is tough, but it leads to a green patch eventually !
endless_gc_loop (wishing now that I picked a better user id :))

Meanwhile, my husband is in India and was planning on coming in using his H1-B. He was already travelling when his 485 was approved. Does that mean he can just re-enter using the H1-B or does he have to go through the GC line. If the latter, what does he need to carry along with him ? Our lawyer said just enter the GC line with the approval letter... but the thing is I dont have a letter. All I have is the online case status approval and the email. Is he just better off using his H1-B on re-entry ?

endless_gc_loop

endless_gc_loop said:
Meanwhile, my husband is in India and was planning on coming in using his H1-B. He was already travelling when his 485 was approved. Does that mean he can just re-enter using the H1-B or does he have to go through the GC line. If the latter, what does he need to carry along with him ? Our lawyer said just enter the GC line with the approval letter... but the thing is I dont have a letter. All I have is the online case status approval and the email. Is he just better off using his H1-B on re-entry ?

endless_gc_loop

As far as I know there's no problem entering on H status (or L or AP) if the I-485 is approved while you are away. I've been concerned about the same thing happening to me and our lawyer has assured me that I should just enter on the H then go for the rest of the GC processing (the I-551 stamping) once I'm back (it's less clear that I could leave / re-enter on H if the I-485 is approved before I leave the US with no time to get the stamp first...).

Congrats to both of you btw!

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
endless_gc_loop said:
...my 485 was approved on oct 25th.

Whoa! -- I just saw that your ND is 10/20/03 :eek:. Mine is 10/23/03, also EB3, just 10 lines below you :).

Yours is the approval with the most recent ND in the 2003 tracker so far. Was there anything special about your case (labor substitution etc.) that might have led to your getting approved so quickly?

ETA

ETA-GC said:
Whoa! -- I just saw that your ND is 10/20/03 :eek:. Mine is 10/23/03, also EB3, just 10 lines below you :).

Yours is the approval with the most recent ND in the 2003 tracker so far. Was there anything special about your case (labor substitution etc.) that might have led to your getting approved so quickly?

ETA

Don't worry ETA, your approval is coming soon :)

Endless_gc_loop, congratulations!!! USCIS put an exit condition to your bug filled code with endless loop. :D

joyd said:
Don't worry ETA, your approval is coming soon :)

Heh, I'd like to think that but my best guess at this point is that there is only a slight chance of getting approved soon (within 1 month or so). More likely it will take 5+ months (longer if any issues come up or if the VSC backs off of it's backlog reduction plan)...

ETA

Is it RFE?

Hello,
Today My case status has changed to :

"On October 25, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

Does it mean RFE sent???
Share your thoughts.
Thanks

Where is my GC

No idea where is my case files are hiding... god knows who is sitting on it :(

RD July 24
FP oct 14

no change in LUD since FP is done on 14 oct...

Is there anyone with this kind of situation??

Same here

kian said:
No idea where is my case files are hiding... god knows who is sitting on it :(

RD July 24
FP oct 14

no change in LUD since FP is done on 14 oct...

Is there anyone with this kind of situation??

My FP was done on 16th Oct. No updates yet on the USCIS website !

Thanks
- kb123

kian, you could still have several months to go -- the VSC isn't even officially processing your RD yet.

kb123 -- they don't always update the LUD/message (you may be approved first). With your RD, I'd count on a minimum of 1 month and up to 5+ months to go is probably likely.

Someone with a ND of 10/20/03 got approved a few posts back but this is very rare at this point -- probably < 2% of cases from that date are approved so far.

ETA

Need ur input

I have a question and need your input. Here is my
situation:

---My I-140 is approved.
---We both(myself and my wife) received EAD.
---Our finger prints are scheduled for 11/16/04, i.e. next month.
---Our H1/H4 visa status is valid until 11/11/05.
---We haven't applied for Advance Parole

Starting next week, my wife is planning to use her
EAD and start working.
I will not use my EAD and will remain on H1 Status.

Coming to my question we are planning to go to India
on vacation for about four weeks, probably sometime
FEB'05/MAR'05 timeframe.
So, does my wife need to have "Advance Parole
Document" to re-enter USA ? OR Can she still use her
unexpired H4 visa status and re-enter USA ?

Please, let me know...I appreciate your advice.

tiger2004 said:
So, does my wife need to have "Advance Parole
Document" to re-enter USA ?

As soon as your wife uses her EAD, it will invalidate her H status so, yes, she will need advanced parole to re-enter the US (and to keep her I-485 alive). As far as I know, you are not affected by this -- as long as you don't use your EAD, your H status is still valid even if your wife's isn't.

Make sure you allow enough time to get the AP, although I don't *think* these are taking *too* long these days. Does anyone know btw if an RFE on the I-485 can block the AP approval (as it can with an EAD)?

Also keep in mind that with your ND (11/18/03 from the tracker?), there is a distinct possibility that you could be approved before you leave on your trip. We just saw a 10/20/03 approval today, although these are fairly rare currently and I don't expect October 2003 approvals to start in earnest until Feb/Mar next year at the earliest.

Important: *If* your I-485 is approved *before* you leave the US you are entering a "gray area" in immigration law (this applies to you and your wife). Some people say that your H / L / AP status is invalid as soon as you are approved and you MUST get a I-551 stamp before leaving the US. My own lawyer *highly recommended* doing this but felt that it would be unlikely that we would be denied entry if we left without it anyway (e.g. if we got approval 2 days before our flights and had no time to get the stamp). I have yet to hear a definitive answer to this issue (if you hear anything from your own lawyer on this please share it :)). I suppose I'd have to consider cancelling our trip if this happened to us and there was any doubt that we'd be able to re-enter and get the GCs (after waiting 6+ years for them...).

Note: If the I-485 approval comes *after* you leave the US, you should be ok -- you will re-enter on the H / AP then complete the PR process when you are back. I've argued elsewhere that there must be many people who travel out of the US without knowing that their I-485 has been approved (e.g. because they don't know about the online status check) and it seems highly unlikely that these people wouldn't be allowed back into the US to complete their PR process as long as they have / had valid H / L / AP. Apart from the issue of how the border people could know when you left the US (or whether they would even notice that you have an approved I-485) this seems to imply that there must be some flexibility in the system for handling these situations...

ETA

Tracker Updated

Added I-485 approval info for Marais (ND: 05/27/03 AD: 10/28/04).

14.2% of all cases in the tracker approved now...

ETA

I 140 ?????

Hi ,
I am so desperate to have an answer to my question ..
I filed my I 140 and 485 concurrently and My status is as below

I140 and I 485 filed on 12-4-03
EAD approved on 7-19-04 :)
AP approved on 7-20-04
Fingar print notice for 12-04-04(yet to be done)

But till now no status update about my I140...
Can anyone please emplain why it causes delay though in the processing time site For VSC it states Aug 2004 processing...I am so confused... :confused: You response in this regard will be highly appriciated...

sakti said:
But till now no status update about my I140...
Can anyone please emplain why it causes delay though in the processing time site For VSC it states Aug 2004 processing...I am so confused... :confused: You response in this regard will be highly appriciated...

I would definitely try to initiate a status inquiry on the I-140 just in case (your lawyer might have to do this since it belongs to the sponsoring company but if you know the EAC # you might be able to do it yourself).

It's possible that your case has been flagged for concurrent processing (meaning they would approve the I-140 and I-485 at the same time) but afaik most people with this ND have had their I-140 approved and there have been very few cases processed concurrently as far as I know. FWIW, my ND is 10/23/03 and I got my I-140 approved on 06/09/04 (see the tracker for more examples).

ETA

Thankyou so much ..For your quick response..As suggested by u I will talk to the lawer..Since I do not have the EAC #...
Thanks one again...Hopefully it is concurrent processing...