2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

speedy1027 said:
What I feel is that...till now people did not care a jack about the PDs as the processing appeared to be going by ND. Now that it has changed back to PD system, it might become important tracking mechanism again.

Even if you think of people with PDs in 2002, they might become anxious at certain point of time to see # of days remaining etc.

I am just boucing off some thoughts....not to add more work you

You have already done more than anyone else.

cheers,
speedy1027

People are definitely more concerned about PDs -- I agree. However, the VSC hasn't "changed back to a PD system" as far as most of the people in the 2003 tracker are concerned (this might be more true for the 2004 tracker).

As I mentioned earlier, most people in the 2003 tracker aren't going to be affected by the PD change. We have 176 EB3 cases in the tracker. Of those, 81 are approved, leaving 95 cases. Based on the PDs that have been given, 2/3 of the cases have PDs in 2001 or earlier, that leaves roughly 32 cases. Some of those will probably be approved before 01/01/05 and some of those (including mine) are for people who aren't from India, China, or the Philippines. My guess is that < 25 people in the entire tracker are going to be affected by this issue...

The vast majority of people in the tracker, will continue to have their cases processed based on their I-140/I-485 RD/ND. For the rest, their cases will be held up until their PD becomes current and we have no way of estimating when that might be at this point...

Anyway, the new columns are in the tracker so people can certainly add their PDs in if they want and we can use these to look for trends.

ETA

uNeverKnow said:
Following are EB3 folks from our tracker. who all have their I485 approved... while 2 of the above got approved this month. as per murhty.com http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nflash9.html if retrogress was already in pipeline then how did the above handfull sample got approved. I am sure there may be many many more with 2003 & 2002 PD who may have been approved.

The retrogress doesn't take effect until 01/01/05. Anyway, although I'm guessing that Indian12 might be from India, we don't know about the others (we should really have added a country of origin column I guess).

ETA

PD Problem

ETA GC,
I noticed in the tracker that your PD is very close to mine.
I am from India and PD is 01/07/02.

Does this mean that i am basically screwed by just 7 days. I have already completed FP and my LUD has changed after that twice. Latest beeing 7th Dec'04.

Will the priority date moving back to 1/1/02 affect our cases if we are not approved before 31st Dec. Or have we gone too far in the process to be affected by this??

I have updated my PD in the tracker.

Tracker Updated

Renamed back to 2003.xls (please don't change the name) and cleaned up a few things.

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
RonaDhona said:
ETA GC,
I noticed in the tracker that your PD is very close to mine.
I am from India and PD is 01/07/02.

Does this mean that i am basically screwed by just 7 days. I have already completed FP and my LUD has changed after that twice. Latest beeing 7th Dec'04.

Will the priority date moving back to 1/1/02 affect our cases if we are not approved before 31st Dec. Or have we gone too far in the process to be affected by this??

I have updated my PD in the tracker.

Hi RonaDhona.

As I understand it, yes, you need to be concerned about this as the VSC will be unable to approve your case until your PD is current. Hope for an approval before 01/01/05. You should make sure your name check is done but if you haven't already done this you probably won't know for 6+ weeks anyway...

The good news is that we've been seeing a lot of activity for October 2003 cases recently -- keep on eye out for my next update for 10/23/03 cases in the I-485 "Updated scans..." sticky thread...

I was born in Canada so as far as I know this doesn't affect me.

Good luck!

ETA

Eta_gc

Does this also mean than if ones PD is older than 1/1/02 and if you are from one of those 3 countries - could one still expect an approval after 1/1/05 until all cleared up until 12/31/01 PD's or the Quota of 10000 which ever is earlier - is this good a assumption to believe in...
Thanks...
ETA-GC said:
Hi RonaDhona.
As I understand it, yes, you need to be concerned about ...
I was born in Canada so as far as I know this doesn't affect me.
Good luck!
ETA

uNeverKnow said:
Does this also mean than if ones PD is older than 1/1/02 and if you are from one of those 3 countries - could one still expect an approval after 1/1/05 until all cleared up until 12/31/01 PD's or the Quota of 10000 which ever is earlier - is this good a assumption to believe in...
Thanks...

I'm not 100% sure what you are asking...?

From what I understand, if your PD is > 01/01/02 (and you are EB3, skilled and from India / China / Philippines), once 01/01/05 arrives, you aren't going to be approved until your PD becomes current again. Period.

I'm not sure anyone knows how quickly the PDs will advance -- assuming that there are many cases with older PDs which count towards the quota, it could take a while.

I don't really know much more about how this will work (and I'm not sure what you mean about the quota) but with the VSC, you never know...

You might also have more luck asking about this in the I-485 forum (which is where this thread really belongs)...

ETA

uNeverKnow said:
Thanks...

Hi Guys,

What is this PD and where should one look for this ? Sorry if I am too ignorant.
I-485 (June 26).

Secondly, I did not get any information back from FBI about my name check - its been more than 1 and half month.

Thanks in advance.

LegalFrustrated said:
Hi Guys,

What is this PD and where should one look for this ? Sorry if I am too ignorant.
I-485 (June 26).

Secondly, I did not get any information back from FBI about my name check - its been more than 1 and half month.

Thanks in advance.

PD - Priority DATE - Date when you applied for you LC (labour certification) if one is used or receipt date of I-140 if no Labour Certification was required.

Why Bother about PD's

:mad: I dont understand why everyone is bothered about Priority Dates... retrogress and all that crap. No one really knows how uscis works...

If you are lucky enough you will get it NO MATTER WHAT.

If you are UNLUCKY ...YOU WILL NOT GET IT.. NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO.. JUST HAVE TO WAIT...

RELAX AND ENJOY LIFE GUYS... :eek: :D

tunnish said:
:mad: I dont understand why everyone is bothered about Priority Dates... retrogress and all that crap. No one really knows how uscis works...

Actually, in the case of the PD changes the rules are quite clear and if you are in one of the affected categories, they will definitely apply to you.

For some people, a 1-2 year delay in their case might not matter, for others, this could force them to seriously rethink their situation (e.g. if their current job isn't secure, if they have marriage plans or plan on bringing family over, maybe they need to get that AP now etc. etc.). And for those people who are prevented from applying for their I-485 at all (after 01/01/05), this will prevent them from getting an EAD or AP, using AC-21, and could potentially cause some to lose their status.

I'm personally fortunate in that I'm not affected by the PD change (as are most of the people in the tracker), but let's be understanding of those people whose lives could be very much affected by this...

And, let's move this stuff to the I-485 forum, please :).

ETA

Added my PD (which is bad...10/18/2002...:-( )

Added my PD.....hmmm.........Long way to go...:-(

tiger2004
------------------------
765/140/485 ND: 11/18/2003
PD:10/18/02

EAD and 140 approved

FP1: 11/16/04 ( LUD: 11/22 (FP recd), 11/23, 12/9 )

PP stamping done

I had finished my PP stamping in the Fairfax office. Infact I got only one appointment but they allowed both me and my wife and there was no problem at all....

Eligibility to apply for EAD and AP

Hi
I went through your post and i read that you cannot apply for EAD and AP if you cannot apply 485 . I was under impression that you can file 140 EAD and also AP along with 140.( no 485) am i wrong ????

please confirm me . i have to decide if i have to change the employer and start my GC processing fresh with a new and more stable employer . my LC has cleared state and sent to Boston DOL (non RIR ) on nov 24 th.

Thanks
Ravi.

ETA-GC said:
Actually, in the case of the PD changes the rules are quite clear and if you are in one of the affected categories, they will definitely apply to you.

For some people, a 1-2 year delay in their case might not matter, for others, this could force them to seriously rethink their situation (e.g. if their current job isn't secure, if they have marriage plans or plan on bringing family over, maybe they need to get that AP now etc. etc.). And for those people who are prevented from applying for their I-485 at all (after 01/01/05), this will prevent them from getting an EAD or AP, using AC-21, and could potentially cause some to lose their status.

I'm personally fortunate in that I'm not affected by the PD change (as are most of the people in the tracker), but let's be understanding of those people whose lives could be very much affected by this...

And, let's move this stuff to the I-485 forum, please :).

ETA

ETA-GC said:
People are definitely more concerned about PDs -- I agree. However, the VSC hasn't "changed back to a PD system" as far as most of the people in the 2003 tracker are concerned (this might be more true for the 2004 tracker).

As I mentioned earlier, most people in the 2003 tracker aren't going to be affected by the PD change. We have 176 EB3 cases in the tracker. Of those, 81 are approved, leaving 95 cases. Based on the PDs that have been given, 2/3 of the cases have PDs in 2001 or earlier, that leaves roughly 32 cases. Some of those will probably be approved before 01/01/05 and some of those (including mine) are for people who aren't from India, China, or the Philippines. My guess is that < 25 people in the entire tracker are going to be affected by this issue...

The vast majority of people in the tracker, will continue to have their cases processed based on their I-140/I-485 RD/ND. For the rest, their cases will be held up until their PD becomes current and we have no way of estimating when that might be at this point...

Anyway, the new columns are in the tracker so people can certainly add their PDs in if they want and we can use these to look for trends.

ETA