2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

We need a volunteer to go over the recent approvals that ppl have posted in independent threads and update the 2003 tracker. Anybody?

Is 2003 tracker updated completely ?

How come there are less entries, especially the approved ones, in consolidated tracker than the AprilMayJune tracker ?
Or am I missing something ?

I am looking for May (I-140) filers who have been approved in AprMayJun tracker and not to be found in consolidated tracker.

Originally posted by joyd
We need a volunteer to go over the recent approvals that ppl have posted in independent threads and update the 2003 tracker. Anybody?

I don't have the bandwidth to do this currently but once our current project is done (in a few months) I can do this for a while.

Mike

Re: Is 2003 tracker updated completely ?

Originally posted by LegalFrustrated
How come there are less entries, especially the approved ones, in consolidated tracker than the AprilMayJune tracker ?

I am looking for May (I-140) filers who have been approved in AprMayJun tracker and not to be found in consolidated tracker.

Are you sure about this? I counted about 20 approved cases for May alone in the 2003 tracker (EB2 and EB3 combined) -- the AprilMayJune tracker doesn't have this many (for May).

ETA

split EB2 into EB2 and NIW?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are actually 2 types of EB2 cases -- NIW (national interest waver) and non-NIW right?

I don't have a vested interest in this since I'm EB3 but it would probably make sense to show EB2 and EB2 (NIW) cases separately since these are being handled quite differently at the VSC (NIW cases are probably about 10 months behind non-NIW EB2 cases). I wonder how many of the unapproved EB2 cases are NIW...?

Maybe we could create a NIW section and let people change their EB2 to NIW if they think of it...

ETA

Re: Is 2003 tracker updated completely ?

Originally posted by LegalFrustrated

This tracker was in sync with all other trackers as of 17th march, now in the past few weeks ppl who are getting approvals were posting their approvals in either independent threads or in the old monthly trackers, that was one of my concerns that we might miss a few guys that way. Now that the old monthly trackers are made read only, they won't be able to update them, however they can still post in independent threads and forget to update here. I have been on their tail asking them to update this tracker. We need to check the approvals posted in independent threads and other monthly trackers all approvals since 17th March. This is on my "To do" list, however if anyone else has time, please go ahead.

Hope it helps!

Re: split EB2 into EB2 and NIW?

Originally posted by ETA-GC
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are actually 2 types of EB2 cases -- NIW (national interest waver) and non-NIW right?

I don't have a vested interest in this since I'm EB3 but it would probably make sense to show EB2 and EB2 (NIW) cases separately since these are being handled quite differently at the VSC (NIW cases are probably about 10 months behind non-NIW EB2 cases). I wonder how many of the unapproved EB2 cases are NIW...?

Maybe we could create a NIW section and let people change their EB2 to NIW if they think of it...

ETA

Actually if you see the comments in the EB Categories, they have that information (NIW, LC Substitution etc.). So instead of making the sheet wider, we can continue to add this information in the comments for the EB category.

joyd

I 140 Approved

My I-140 was approved on 04/06/2004. Thanks To God.

ND: 05/23/2003
AD: 04/06/2004
Category: EB3

I have updated the tracker with my I-140 approval date.

Missing in 2003 Tracker

Sukal EB3 (May I-140 filer)

is missing in 2003 tracker when compared to aprmayjun tracker.
Can I update it ?

WHY DO YOU GUYS KEEP THIS MAILING/RECEIVED DATE.?
ANY CAUSES? IF NOT TAKE IT OUT OF EXCEL SHEET, SAVES A LOT OF HORIZONTAL SPACE...

ALSO, WHY DON'T YOU HAVE COLUMN FOR "RFE COMMENTS" ETC.,

a centralised tracker database?

Would it be a good idea if i start building a database and setup a website for tracking. Instead of uploading a file which might have missing information, we can have a centralized location for GC information.

If some guys agree, i will start building it.

Rajababu

db is a good idea

Rajababu,
Thanks for volunteering. All the data in a database would be handy..people can write their own queries to look at the trend. A simple access database could serve the purpose.

thanks.

Rajababu, that would be really great.
We just have to be careful to collect the right amount of information from the very beginning, otherwise updating old records to new schemas could be messy.
I think that most of the fields from the existing tracker should remain the same. New fields could include more explicit RFE tracking, dependent information, etc..

great... i am on

good idea then.

i am on top of it. i will consult with u guys once i come up with a schema. it has to be a combined effort.

I will take the consolidated tracker as the base and expand on it.

Rajababu

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Rajababu !

Here is my input to what you try to accomplish .

(a) it would be nice if the user is greeted with user id and password window, which should be same as that of immigration.com

In order to do this kind of authentication - you may have work with admins of this web site . This step is necessary to keep the threads in the immigration.com alive . Pepole should not be used to directly go to your web site and see the trends .

(b) Once they are authorized , they should be greeted with
update, view buttons .

(c) When they click update button - they should be taken to update screen - whose fields are same as that of Excel sheet.

(d) When they click VIEW button - they should be given choices such as EB2 or Eb3 or EB2 NIW or EB1 or Period from and period to .

(e) The goal of the project should be (i) Ignorant user should not corrupt the data base (ii) trend of approvals from INS should be visible to oridinary user . (iii) it should be easily extendible to 485 users and may be to other service centers . Think BIG - if you can

It is a good community project .If you have a server with .NET framework and SQL server - it would be nice to attempt

Thanks
Sunny

all good suggestions

I have .net framework and sql server (and am very fond of it)....

but here is what i will be using...and what i have thought - in addition to what you have told,

1. I will be using mysql, php/jsp (i wish to use non microsoft products bcos of licensing issues)
2. It will have a feature to download data as excel and some other popular format.
3. sorting/filtering capabilities, maybe statistical analysis
4. only authenticated users will be able to modify their own record, but can view all.

I am not sure if immigration portal admin will allow/permit redirecting after authentication. Who is the right person to talk to?

Re: great... i am on

Originally posted by rajababu123
good idea then.

i am on top of it. i will consult with u guys once i come up with a schema. it has to be a combined effort.

I will take the consolidated tracker as the base and expand on it.

Rajababu

There are already some websites which maintain this type of databases. Rupnet, Immigrationwatch, amitgoel (or something like that). You can find the links to these sites by searching in these forums. Please check these websites and decide what are the new/additional useful features that you want to develop which are not already in those web sites.

Yampati

thank you

Thank you guys for all your feed back.
I have created a thread for discussing this issue here . Please join in for discussion.

Re: Re: split EB2 into EB2 and NIW?

Originally posted by joyd
Actually if you see the comments in the EB Categories, they have that information (NIW, LC Substitution etc.). So instead of making the sheet wider, we can continue to add this information in the comments for the EB category.

joyd

OK, although I only see a single NIW case -- is it possible that all the other (EB2) cases are non-NIW? (it could be -- I have no idea how common NIW cases are)

If there are that few NIW cases it's pbly not worth worrying about.

If there were more (say 25% or so), it would be better to make this more visible (IMHO) and simply replace EB2 with NIW and sort these above EB2.

Again, not a big deal (and I'm EB3 so this doesn't affect me directly :)).

ETA