2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

VCS 140 (EB2) Approved

It was a pleasant surprise to find the copy of 140 approval notice from my attorney on my desk this morning.

Notice date on the approval notice says as March 31, 2004, so I would consider it as date of approval. But USCIS website still says "Under Processing".

Online status never worked for me. Check this out (may sound like a nice story).

A) Tracking labor, got the approval message after attorney sent the copy of LC approval to me.
B) Online status did not get updated until I received EAD and AP for the first time in 2003 (there is a week difference in approval dates). Currently I applied for their renewals in Feb.
C) FP was done on March 4, still message is not updated, though I confirmed the status from FBI and USCIS.
D) Now 140 approval.

I hope, same would not be case for my 485.

Anyway, I have updated consolidated 2003 tracker.

Good luck to you all.

Here's the latest tracker, I could only get to the approvals posted by testing_times on 5th April.

joyd

Re: a centralised tracker database?

Originally posted by rajababu123
Would it be a good idea if i start building a database and setup a website for tracking. Instead of uploading a file which might have missing information, we can have a centralized location for GC information.

If some guys agree, i will start building it.

Rajababu

If you have the time and inclination, then go ahead, but remember there are already some websites like that, but the problem with those websites is they are maintained by individuals and not a corporation, they are there today, they may not be there tomorrow, that's mostly why most people use immigration.com's portal as they are permanent.

The tracker sheet is fine for now. Also Immigration.com was talking about a web based tracker some time back, so they may already have it but not yet implemented it. I just don't want your efforts to go wasted. Let me check with the folks there to see if there is a web based portal.

Here's the latest tracker again, iamgctracker beat me to it by a few minutes..added his approval...

Originally posted by nbasetti
WHY DO YOU GUYS KEEP THIS MAILING/RECEIVED DATE.?
ANY CAUSES? IF NOT TAKE IT OUT OF EXCEL SHEET, SAVES A LOT OF HORIZONTAL SPACE...

ALSO, WHY DON'T YOU HAVE COLUMN FOR "RFE COMMENTS" ETC.,

First of all, pls use "lowercase"; uppercase sounds like yelling. These MD/RD/ND were originally put there so that ppl can track these dates, now they may seem redundant because they are all for last year. For a live tracker (for e.g. 2004) it is very useful, so if this tracker is used as a template for future years, it is useful to keep them. I would say keep them.

Re: Re: 140 receipt number

Thanks ETA-GC for your reply,

I forgot to mention before that I have reciepts of my I-131,I-765,I-485 and also got EAD.So,I got all the receipts except I-140.
Is there a way to find i-140 receipt number from info in other receipts?

Thanks,

Originally posted by ETA-GC
Afaik, you're out of luck if they won't give it to you. Technically the I-140 belongs to the employer.

Did you try explaining to your employer that you'd just like to have the case # so you can track it's progress and look out for any RFE's etc.? I did this and our company's lawyer sent me copies of the Receipt Notices for the I-140, I-485 and EAD.

I know it's nice to be able to do this but apart from being able to look up your case, it's not of much use having the case #. You can certainly get an idea of how much longer you have to wait from the tracker associated with this thread or from the VSC processing dates. Of course, if you get an RFE, then your case will probably go much more quickly.

I'm not positive but you might have more luck with getting the case # for the I-485 since this technically belongs to you.

ETA

Updated tracker with all the 140 approvals

Joyd,
I see you have added some 140 approvals to the tracker. Here is the latest tracker with the 140 approvals posted on all the individual threads (I can go back upto 5 pages).

I also rearranged the some rows which are out of order (140 ND). And gussed 140 ND based on EAC numbers if not mentioned by the posted person.

Now the rows are in the order of 140 ND.

Yampati

Re: Updated tracker with all the 140 approvals

Originally posted by yampati
Joyd,
I see you have added some 140 approvals to the tracker. Here is the latest tracker with the 140 approvals posted on all the individual threads (I can go back upto 5 pages).

I also rearranged the some rows which are out of order (140 ND). And gussed 140 ND based on EAC numbers if not mentioned by the posted person.

Now the rows are in the order of 140 ND.

Yampati

Nice! There may be some approvals in the Apr-june thread since march 17th which we need to include here.

Won't it be nice if ppl just updated their approvals in this tracker, then we won't have to do their job. Anyways we are not living in an ideal world.

Not many approvals today...

Hi Yampati !

Here is Eb2.xls data . Please remove duplicate entries of
LCVPain .

Can you add the data to Consolidated sheet .

Thanks ,
Sunny

EAD Approved

There seems to be lots of excel sheets in this forum, I dont know which one should be used.

Guys, my EAD got approved today, it took a long time almost five months, but its a good news to start with.

Can anyone update the excel sheet?

Thanks,
Antro

Re: EAD Approved

Originally posted by antropeter
There seems to be lots of excel sheets in this forum, I dont know which one should be used.

Guys, my EAD got approved today, it took a long time almost five months, but its a good news to start with.

Can anyone update the excel sheet?

Thanks,
Antro

Antro,

Please us the 2003 consolidated tracker.xls that Yampati has posted last in page 14. Ignore the last excel, mysunny put that so that someone can update the main tracker.

Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks
joyd

PS: please refrain from uploading other trackers, it just gets confusing.

Looking for ideas...

Any ideas how to get everybody to start posting their approvals in the 2003 tracker instead of posting independent threads? There are a lot of us who are diligent about updating the tracker and then there are others who don't bother. We can't be updating their info on a 24*7 basis, though it helps us predict our approvals, but once our cases gets approved, who will be maintaining them?

Looking for ideas as to how to motivate ppl to update the tracker.

Collectively, we can make it better.

Re: Looking for ideas...

Originally posted by joyd
Any ideas how to get everybody to start posting their approvals in the 2003 tracker instead of posting independent threads? There are a lot of us who are diligent about updating the tracker and then there are others who don't bother. We can't be updating their info on a 24*7 basis, though it helps us predict our approvals, but once our cases gets approved, who will be maintaining them?

Looking for ideas as to how to motivate ppl to update the tracker.

Collectively, we can make it better.
Well.. we are attaching the Excel sheet every time we update our details. This approach has lot of drawbacks.
I think the best way to track each and every user on this forum is make these details part of their profile (just like address, email id). Offcourse, we can't see other's profile details. But the profile changes, I am talking about will be public. And the reporting will be done by the PHP scripts.
This way it will be easy for each user to update their details, using the HTML forms.
And the database will be central.
No Excel sheets to maintain.
Lot of diskspace will be saved on the server.

These changes will be possible, only if the site admins says OK.
Lot of PHP programming effort is necessary.

Yampati

Re: Re: Looking for ideas...

Originally posted by yampati
Well.. we are attaching the Excel sheet every time we update our details. This approach has lot of drawbacks.
I think the best way to track each and every user on this forum is make these details part of their profile (just like address, email id). Offcourse, we can't see other's profile details. But the profile changes, I am talking about will be public. And the reporting will be done by the PHP scripts.
This way it will be easy for each user to update their details, using the HTML forms.
And the database will be central.
No Excel sheets to maintain.
Lot of diskspace will be saved on the server.

These changes will be possible, only if the site admins says OK.
Lot of PHP programming effort is necessary.

Yampati

That's all long term, but in the short term, we should get everybody in the habit of updating the tracker. The problem in hand is that some people are posting their approvals in separate threads instead of here, we should get that fixed first.

BTW, why is VSC not posting new dates? It's been 2 weeks since March 22nd, making all of us anxious!

Last edited by a moderator:
VSC processing time

Looks like now VSC is going to start a backlog on updating the processing times itself.
They haven't changed the March 22 date for sometime now.

Re: VSC processing time

Originally posted by casio
Looks like now VSC is going to start a backlog on updating the processing times itself.
They haven't changed the March 22 date for sometime now.

FWIW, the last update took 18 days and we're only up to day 16 since that one so far. We'll see if they surpass the 18 day "record" by Friday I guess :).

Even when they do update, the dates are really hard to interpret. For example, the processing date for EADs (based on AOS) is still only at 11/10/03 but afaik they are well ahead of that.

ETA