2002 Jan/Feb/Mar RD/ND - The optimists Part II

few more approvals we see this and last

week! What do you think guys? are they going to speed up?
They are around Sept, Oct time frame. What is the heaviest
month of 485 application? I think, Nov and Dec they have fewer
apps.
ND 2/1/02

EB3 - NSC

RD-09 Jan 2002
ND-14 Jan 2002
EAD-Applied-20 Jun 2002
EAD-Approval Recd-15 Jul 2002
FP-17 Sep 2002 sche'd for 25 Oct 2002
(got FPed on 25 Sep 2002 :) one month early :) . I miss read notice date and Went to Columbus, OH INS office. They were nice to take me after they completed regular appointments.)

Keeping my fingers crossed for early I485 Approval. My lawyer is receving for approvals for RD of Aug '01

Cheers

:cool:

bumping it up

Just bumping it up...

and waiting and waiting to hear "This case has been approved"

RD 1/3
ND 1/9
FP June '02
AD ??????

I-485 Details for entering into rupnet

Hi,

Mine and spouse's I-485 particulars as follows
RD 02/19/2002
ND 03/11/2002
FP 06/20/2002

AVM still says for both me and wife - " Your I-485 was received on ......

- I am working on H-1 although both me and wife have EAD.

Planning to visit India for 2 weeks in second half of November. Wife and son (US citizen) will be in India for 3 months.

Questions for all

1. Lawyer tells me that using AP to return for both of us will automatically invalidate my H-1 visa status and assume I am working on EAD. Is that right ?

2. Hypothetical situation - suppose if I were to be laid off while wife in India. What kind of problem would that cause ? How serious is it ?

Thanks

Muract

Bumping it up and still waiting......

How's everybody doing? Any news/RFEs?

RD 1/2/02
FP June 02

Still waiting.........

Yep, Looks like it!

However, at this point RFE's are welcome - as at least it means that

- they did not lose your file
- they got the FBI OK
- they have actually read your file

Better than just waiting

hey, optimists...

...just thought i'd bump it up... some hopeful signs at NSC these days... a small, but steady, trickle of approvals, after the long freeze. they'd certainly have built up a good backlog because of that.

no progress at all in my case, the online/avm message still is, "on april 24 we sent you a notice to appear for fingerprint recording...", which were duly recorded in late may 2001.

according to a posting by user gcdayday entitled "Some info from IIO", an IIO told him that they do their best to adjudicate i485 cases before FPs expire, which expire in 14 months time.

On the other hand, so many people do get second finger print notices... but that could be due to the current backlog, which may or may not improve in the near future.

another unknown is the transition of INS functions to DHS's Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) on March 1. let's hope the IIOs don't have to go through a million orientation meetings, which would keep them from doing anything useful...

so, will the RD Jan - Mar '02 folk see green before the year is out? how optimistic are you guys?

Hi Pork Chop! How is Iowa doing? I thought

we lost this great thread.

I am not too optimistic after they went through this freeze.
Most likely they will smoke some pot after DHS in March also.
To be optimist at this time is reading just about one or two approvals that comes every couple of weeks.

Where are other guys like Dilip(Gcar), rsihna and a whole battallion of optimists?! Start posting on this thread..

:mad:

I hope this processing gets little faster now. Past Christmas and past new year!!

I recently called INS Nerbraska about the Finger print message. The agent was telling me that they got my finger print OK from FBI. But the message will change only when assigned to an officer. She couldn't guarentee when that will happen....
My case is pending from Jan 2002 and got FP notice in April. I did my FP in Mid June. So hoping to get approval before it gets expired... by August 03....

An update from me

Hey Guyz,

I have renewed my EAD and AP and I am going to India on Feb 12th for a 3 week vacation.

RD : 10/28/2001
ND : 11/24/2001
AD : Ram Jaane !!!!

I dont expect anything spectacular by the time I return. So keeping my fingers crossed. The only thing I havent lost yet is optimism and I wont let an inefficient organisation like INS to break me.

Dilip (GCAR)

hi, gheewalabhai888...

sorry it took me couple of days to reply. i had to dig this thread out after doing a search for it... just goes to show that the optimists have not been feeling too optimistic lately.

except for the snow, nothing much is happening in iowa. how are things in minnesota? (i believe that is your state). are they renewing drivers licenses without too much hassle for aliens?

keep in touch!

Pork Chop, they are giving some hassles to

aliens here during driver's lic renewal. Is it same there in Iowa?
Are you in Des Moines?