140-->NVC-->St.Louis-->NVC-->Consulate Tracker Part5

jonnals is right! :)

if you talk to NVC before they ask for it, the operator is just going to say that the reconfirmation letter is not required. So, you just need to wait to hear the message \'an information letter has been sent to you on......\', I think.....

No Title

sue is Montreal.. I think they need to get the visa number from DC to finish the \'review\' before sending to the consulate.

WhiteRose, did you contact the consulate as yet ?

That is the standard response you get...

The people at NVC always over estimate on the timeline. Judging by recent trends, the review should be done in 10-14 days.

q for whiterose

hi whiterose,

how are you getting the local PCC? I am thinking of getting one as well, to avoid any possible last minute confusion. Are you planning on getting to india and then seeking one, are having your family apply for one? can you do that without being physically present?

also, I lived with my parents in kearal till I moved for my undergrad, for which I stayed 4 years in chennai. would I have to get PCC from kerala and chennai?

thanks,

Thanks everyone..

Thanks for your response Rekhak, Moulin Rouge and all the well wishers.

I have some more questions as follows:

1. Can I download the Pkt3 and start filling it right away and send it (downloaded) when I receive the originals?

2. Currently we\'re living in India so I\'ll put my present address in Item# 11, right?

3. My son is US citizen, should I have to put his name in Item#13 in form 230-I? Or anywhere else, where it is asked?

4. My wife\'ll join me later. Obviously I\'ll put her name in 14B. But how she\'ll get the green card later? And should I have to pay the fees for both of us at this time or only mine.

5. I heard that since I\'m under EB, don\'t have to fill 864 form and need 134 or something, is that right?

6. And lastly, do I need to send any kind of document or copies to NVC along with the completed Pkt3.

I guess, it\'s enough for a day.

Regards.

- Luit

see time guidelines as per my estimate

reached nvc 6/7/2
they are taking around 12 days average to review 6/19/2,
1 week to send it to chennai 6/26/2
1 week for consulate to enter into their system 7/3/2
chennai consulate is usually scheduling cases entered into their system by the end of previous month to schedule interviews for following month, in my case around the 12th of July they will announce august list for people who have been entered till June 30th, this is why I think I will get september(Just miss august).

There are a couple of variables....
God help you if you get an RFE from NVC, if there is political instablity causing delay of interviews or personnel to be withdrawn, there may be a saving clause for you to get august interview and that is I heard they transmit cases electronically to consulate before they mail them, if this happens you will get august

rekhak.. thanks for the analysis !

..huh..thanks for the analysis rekhak!
wish and hope your analysis will come true !
btw, which consulate you will be going to..?
we can keep in touch.. if you wish !
thanks
Maruthi

This is what I put down...

My lawyer had read through my DS-230 with me before I sent it out and gave me few advice. Here\'s what I did on my DS-230.

I started from the elementary school (1st grade.) I transferred around the school as well, so I just typed all them down and attached to DS-230. (Obviously there was not enough room for me to write everything down in the space.) I had to do that for #20 as well, since I started from when I was 3 years old.

I think the bottom line is, better be safe than sorry! I mean, they can complain about not having enough information but can\'t complain for having too much information, don\'t you think?

Anyway, whatever you do, do not leave any gap on any of those dates.

mskum, indi-infoseeker, targetgc, rajkanuri, nonu ,as147, watchtsc, ronit, nagib have you had your N

Hi rakhak

Thankyou very much,
My I-140 applied for CP option (Chennai) at NSC. But my lawyer said still i can go for I-485, since my project going to end in this month end or could be extended up to Sept 30.. That is the main problem, but always i have option to go and work in indian branch.. is it ok if i work in chennai??? till i get a GC.
what is this I-824??

still waiting..

Thanks Moulin.

My check was cashed around May 27th.I\'ll call NVC again after 2-3 days.

Mostly next Wednesday, but

before that consulate might have gotten electronic copy of your case, so you can send email to consulate requesting whether your case has been reached and when should I can expect interview? This what I did for me.

Case forwarded to Chennai as of today (06/12)

NVC told me that my case was forwarded to chennai as of today. Will email chennai tomorrow and check to see whether they have received and entered on their system (as they send e-copy before sending the actual documents through DHL).

No Title

If your consulate is other than chennai, I would recommend you file an I-824 and with the receipt, do AC-140.

Otherwise, faxing 140\'s to the NVC hasn\'t really help anyone much. The NVC sends a letter saying that your 140 has not been received and asks you to refile 140. A gross waste of time. AC-140 is your best bet.

You get a new I-94 with the H1 approval. It will be at the bottom of your I-797 notice. So you are fine. You would have to send your newly approved I-797 to India to your wife and she would have to apply for a new H4 stamp at the consulate by following the instructions for the appropriate consulate.

If mumbai, go to visa-services.com Its all explained in there. You would need (in addition to what the say) recent paystubs and an employment verification letter from your company and a copy of your passport with your H1 stamp (no problem if its expired).

HTH

about PCC at home

Posted by "roundthecorner" see this link roundthecorner "CONFIRMED JULY 2002 CHENNAI INTERVIEWS" 6/12/02 6:02am

do you still think we need a PCC from home...

Also, please send me an updated SRIFX list, anybody ?

what is that \'notorized employment letter\'. is that the \'old appointment letter\' or, do i need to get a \'LETTER\' from the company saying he is \'working\' here.
If iam getting a original letter, should it still be \'notorized\' by a notary public. Please let me know.

Thanks.