140-->NVC-->St.Louis-->NVC-->Consulate Tracker Part 6

to RaviPK

as of 7/25/02 my review is not done. Haven't checked with NVC, may be i'll check with them at the end of the week and see how things are.The operator has asked to check back after 10 to 15 business days. My review started on 7/19/02. Hopefully it gets done faster than that time frame.

I was hoping for Sep Interview but the way things are going i would be very much happy if i can make it for OCT.

Re: to RaviPK

Jonnal,
I am also hoping for OCT interview, but who knows....
NVC received my case on 7/19.... I have almost a month for the NVC to complete my review.... if they get the review done by 8/15, I should be able to get OCT interview.......
But NOV is fine too..... since we get a longweekend, I can save on some vacation time.......

-Ravi

Originally posted by jonnals
as of 7/25/02 my review is not done. Haven't checked with NVC, may be i'll check with them at the end of the week and see how things are.The operator has asked to check back after 10 to 15 business days. My review started on 7/19/02. Hopefully it gets done faster than that time frame.

I was hoping for Sep Interview but the way things are going i would be very much happy if i can make it for OCT.

docs website

hi all,

I had collected some of the detailed posts regarding chennai CP experiences and CP documents list. The famous SRIFX list has been modified and updated of late, and I have what I believe the most recent post of it.

I also have several experience posts on this board, collected from about the start of this year, most of them detailed enough to serve as roadmaps. I had made Word docs out of them, and then to HTML.

I have posted these at the site

http://chennaicp.tripod.com

for the benefit of chennai CPers. Since chennai P4 downloads seem to be down, if they do not bring it up ina few days, I shall post my earlier downloaded versin of P4 (medicals instructions etc) too.

I shall add to the documents list and experience list as I format more of them.

good luck everyone.

Re: docs website

:)
Great! thanks Manish this is great help.

Originally posted by manish_r0
hi all,

I had collected some of the detailed posts regarding chennai CP experiences and CP documents list. The famous SRIFX list has been modified and updated of late, and I have what I believe the most recent post of it.

I also have several experience posts on this board, collected from about the start of this year, most of them detailed enough to serve as roadmaps. I had made Word docs out of them, and then to HTML.

I have posted these at the site

http://chennaicp.tripod.com

for the benefit of chennai CPers. Since chennai P4 downloads seem to be down, if they do not bring it up ina few days, I shall post my earlier downloaded versin of P4 (medicals instructions etc) too.

I shall add to the documents list and experience list as I format more of them.

good luck everyone.

where are every one?

hi Guys,

where are every one, how come no one posting any news? no news is bad news. The more number of people participate the better we will know about, what's going on with our cases.

wake up call # 1.

:p

what is going on with my case ???

not sure what is happening to my case.

june 3rd first-attempt->packet-3 sent to st.louis

st.louis by mistake sent everything back to my attorney...:-<

July 2nd second-attempt-->packet 3 sent again- to st.louis

Yesterday (July 29th) i called NVC to see if they recd all the required paperwork from St.Louis.

--------------------------------------------------
Dialouge between ME ME ME & NVC operator...

ME ME ME: did you recieve all the paperworks from St.Louis

NVC Operator: checking...We recd something on July 25th, but we sent NVC Operator back to St.Louis for processing.

ME ME ME: What (shocking...). Why was it sent to St.Louius again.

NVC Operator: We don't have any updates on that Sir.
ME ME ME: thank you for you update(confused & speechless). I hung up.
----------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
called NVC Operator again, because i couldn't believe what i heard. Dialouge between ME ME ME & NVC operator...(one more time with a different operator)

ME ME ME: did you recieve all the paperworks from St.Louis

NVC Operator: checking...Sorry we haven't recd anything. It will take a 20-25 days for St.Louis to process your case....(bla bla bla)

ME ME ME: calmly i told abut the prev dialouge. Why was it sent to St.Louius again. And asked NVC Operator if that is true.

NVC Operator: checking... are you the only beneficiary on the case.

ME ME ME : no it's my & my wife

NVC Operator: well. we don't have that information(aboutmy wife), neither St.Louis. That is why, St.Louis sent all the paperworks, without enCashing your WIFE's cheque to NVC new hampshire. asked me to FAX the marriage-certificate for their records.

ME ME ME: i said (again calmly), attorney sent all paperwork which includes part-1,part-2, spouce-support, BC,PCC,Marriage along with the money to St.Louis. So how come St.Louis say that they don't have the information.

NVC Operator: Well, if you sent everything they should have it. No need to fax. Give them 20 days to process your application, and please check back with us after 3 weeks.

ME ME ME: thank you for you update(confused & speechless). I hung up.
----------------------------------------------

In one word, iam broke.

I feel sorry to post (all junk) like this in this forum. I know you guys like to know some +ve news(+ve reviews) ... But my case is one big mystery.
sorry about that guys.

--later

PCC

HI,

I am still waiting for my I140 (EB3/Regular) filed at TSC on May 2002. Expecting approval date within 3/4 months. I just have few questions regarding CP.

At what stage we need to show PCC? Is it at the time of CP interview?

Can I start getting PCC after I140 approval?

Can I file DS3020 and send to NVC to change the attorney after I140 approval to receive Pocket 3 (and other communtications) to my address instead of Attorney Address? Is there any implications or draw backs by doing this.

Any feed back is appreciated.

Regards

My check is cashed

I just called bank and was told my cachier check had been cashed on 7/26.

Sent P3 to STL on: 7/18
Check is cahsed on: 7/26 (quicker than what I thought.)

Now waiting for STL forward my P3 to NVC.

Re: Re: localmadras

Originally posted by localmadras
No, not with I-140. But with the Consular Processing.

Looks like therin lies your problem. When you include your spouse in 140, the NVC becomes aware of the existance of your spouse when they receive the 140 from the INS. When they create your P3, they send you a FEE BILL (barcoded page) with the appropriate amount. People who have sent in an amount different from the amount that NVC is expecting have faced delays with NVC STL and your LAWYER trying to sort out the discrepencies.

Just in case anyone else similarly affected is reading this, the best way out is to tell the NVC of your marriage before they create the P3. They will make you fax / mail in your marriage certificate and some other docs and then add your spouse to your IV case and create the right FEE BILL.. While this may add a couple of weeks to P3 creation, it will ensure that the rest of the process goes smoothly.

Re: PCC

Banureka,

Wait to get your I-140 approved. Typically it is taking about 4-6 months after I-140 approval to get an interview date.
You need PCC only for the interview. It takes about 45 days to get PCC from Indian consulate.

You have to wait for NVC to send your lawyer pkt 3 and only then can you send the DS230 part1 to St. Louis.
I think NVC sends pkt 3 only to your lawyer.

Experts please comment on change of attorney after I-140 approval!!!!

-Ravi

Originally posted by banureka
HI,

I am still waiting for my I140 (EB3/Regular) filed at TSC on May 2002. Expecting approval date within 3/4 months. I just have few questions regarding CP.

At what stage we need to show PCC? Is it at the time of CP interview?

Can I start getting PCC after I140 approval?

Can I file DS3020 and send to NVC to change the attorney after I140 approval to receive Pocket 3 (and other communtications) to my address instead of Attorney Address? Is there any implications or draw backs by doing this.

Any feed back is appreciated.

Regards

hi

Pkt sent to st louis 7th june
check cashed 19th june
NVC recieved case 21st june
case reviewed 2nd july
case forwarded 10th july
hoping for sept interview

to LOCALMADRAS

oh man what a mess for you. how come your lawyer missed such a thing. there is nothing wrong by posting about your case info. for me personally i had benefitted in that kind of scenarios with other people's input.
Atleast now you know whats the reason for all this delay. get with your lawyer and explain him what is screwing your case. make him talk to the NVC personnel and straighten out the bar coded letter. did you get a new P3 when they rejected your P3 from STL?.

case review completed

Just called NVC and found out that my case review is done and now they got to send my case details to Chennai.

review started on 7/19/02
review completed on 7/30/02

i have all my case info at cptracker.com id (jonnal)

who else is in line for their reviews to get completed, other than Ravi?.

Re: case review completed

Congrats Jonnal!
You should be getting OCT interview date.

I hope they complete my review soon.

-Ravi

Originally posted by jonnals
Just called NVC and found out that my case review is done and now they got to send my case details to Chennai.

review started on 7/19/02
review completed on 7/30/02

i have all my case info at cptracker.com id (jonnal)

who else is in line for their reviews to get completed, other than Ravi?.