140-->NVC-->St.Louis-->NVC-->Consulate Tracker Part 6

any new reviews done ?

I got the standard response, Review will be done in 6-8 weeks from the date NVC received my case.

as of JULY 19th 2002:
Pkt3 to St Louis: 6/03
Check cashed by St. Louis: 6/19
NVC recived pkt3: 6/21
NVC completed review: ???
NVC forwarded case to consultate: ???
Consulate received case: ???
Interview: ??? Hoping for Oct Interview.

lately any members got their reviews done?.

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hi LocalMadras

Hello WatchTSC,

man i agree with you. I will make them update every week...

Please tell me if this is un-usual.

I called NVC on 07/22 Monday, to check if NVC recd my case.
The operator tells me that, he sees some update( in the screen) from St.Louis, saying "case sent back coz of wrong fees".
Shocked to hear this, i said thanks and hung up on him

after 10 mts, i called NVC again to verify what the prev. operator said. This time i hear a different story, saying there is NO UPDATE LIKE THAT.

i called NVC again this morning 07/24,asking the same. Operator clearly told me that, the only way to know if "St.Louis" accepted / sent-back the case is to check on the status of you CASHIERS CHECK. (He confirmed that he sees no UPDATE's or anything of that sort).

please share your thoughts...

Anyway, Case not reached NVC yet ......

sent to st.Louis -- 06/03
re-sent -- 07/02

==LocalMadrs

Rcd rply from Bombay

NVC sent on 7/17.
Rcd reply from bombay
"You are most likely to be scheduled for the immigrant visa interview for the month of September 2002 provided your case remains current."
I thought NVC only send if yr case is current.
As everyone getting similar reply?

Re: to shah

Originally posted by jonnals
Hmmm isn't that strange. if i were you, i would have gone to my lawyer and ask him to call NVC & try to figure out what to do.
I know NVC doesn't have any control about things that are happening at St.Louis, but hey doing something is better than sitting idle. give it a shot and see how things go.

In this matter may be CPmumbai, RekhaK, RaviPk and fellow forum members can also shed some light.

good luck buddy.

Shah it is really strange that your checks are not cashed yet. Usually it should not take more than 3 weeks.
I agree with jonnal, you should pester your lawyer about getting more information from either NVC or St. Louis, though I do not know how to get hold of st. louis...

good luck!

Re: Re: Hi LocalMadras

Originally posted by localmadras
Hello WatchTSC,

man i agree with you. I will make them update every week...

Please tell me if this is un-usual.

I called NVC on 07/22 Monday, to check if NVC recd my case.
The operator tells me that, he sees some update( in the screen) from St.Louis, saying "case sent back coz of wrong fees".
Shocked to hear this, i said thanks and hung up on him

after 10 mts, i called NVC again to verify what the prev. operator said. This time i hear a different story, saying there is NO UPDATE LIKE THAT.

i called NVC again this morning 07/24,asking the same. Operator clearly told me that, the only way to know if "St.Louis" accepted / sent-back the case is to check on the status of you CASHIERS CHECK. (He confirmed that he sees no UPDATE's or anything of that sort).

please share your thoughts...

Anyway, Case not reached NVC yet ......

sent to st.Louis -- 06/03
re-sent -- 07/02

==LocalMadrs

I think NVC will not know about St. Louis untill they receive case from St. Louis. May be your lawyer might have made comment & the first (in-experienced operator) was reading that.
The St. Louis is just a "US BANK" branch collect fee money. So first indicator is check encashing.
Now a days it is taking about three days.

vijay_atl

Hmmm I guess it depends on person replying yr email. I dont think I have to worry since the dates are current.

has any one got this kind of reply at NVC?

as of JULY 24th 2002:

NVC started review on 7/19/02

when i talked to the operator, she told me that, the review has started on 7/19/02 and asked me to check with them after 10 to 15 business days.

My Question is, is this the way the review process works?.

TIA for any input.

:(

Re: has any one got this kind of reply at NVC?

Hi Jonnal,

From CP tracker and others in this thread, I see that it takes less than 1 week for the review to be completed after NVC starts review.
Lets hope that your review be done by early next week.

I hope they start my review soon.

-Ravi

Originally posted by jonnals
as of JULY 24th 2002:

NVC started review on 7/19/02

when i talked to the operator, she told me that, the review has started on 7/19/02 and asked me to check with them after 10 to 15 business days.

My Question is, is this the way the review process works?.

TIA for any input.

:(

Interview

NVC sent my case to Chennai Consulate on 07/24/2002.
When can I expect an Interview(sept or Oct)

Thanks

Ksc...I have'nt checked with NVC but hoping mine was also sent on July-24th. Considering the less number of working days for chennai consulate in September, I would expect the interview dates between Oct-22 and Oct-25.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miami..
What do you mean by less number of working days in Sept.
Can you be more specific.

Thanks

If we look at the past 2 months data in CPTRACKER.COM for chennai consulate, if the papers are sent on or before 20th, we were able to get a date at the end of the following 2nd month.

1. Since our papers were sent on 24the the possibility of sept' interview is very thin.

2. Chennai consulate do not conduct interviews on Mondays which gives us 16 days. Taking 1 day off for 'Vinayaka Chaturthi', we have only 15 working days in Sept' when compared to other prev.months, which have atleast 16 or 17 days.

This takes our interview dates to end of Oct'2002. If we are really lucky we might get Sept' end date. May be it is time to celebrate 'Divali' with family and friends after so many years.

You are right!
Thanks for the update.

I guess you are from Miami? I am from Tampa, FL.

You are right!
Thanks for the update.

I send an email to chennai consulate about the interview date, will let you know.

I guess you are from Miami? I am from Tampa, FL.

Chennai Reply!

Below is the 1 line reply I got from chennai:

Please contact our office mid August to confirm the appointment date.

Thanks

KSC..This is wonderful news..Hope we all can make it to Sept'.

Thanks for the update. Let me send an e-mail and find out for me.

Any reviews completed by NVC lately?

Did anyone get their reviews completed by NVC lately?

Jonnal, did you check with NVC about your review?