140-->NVC-->St.Louis-->NVC-->Consulate Tracker Part 6

Re: How do I know if STL has cashed my cashier check?

You will need to call up Bank of America and give them the cashier's check number, amount, date etc. There is no phone number for STL, and NVC will have no idea about when your check got cashed.

Originally posted by wdyaoj
Hi,

I've sent my P3, with a cashier check (issued from Bank of America) of $670 to STL on 7/18. I found a few people in this thread said something like "STL has cashed my check on mm/dd/yyyy". My question is that how I know when STL cash my cashier check? Should I contact bank of America to find it out? Or should I contact STL or NVC?

After sending out P3 to STL, how long does it usually take for NVC to receive P3 from STL? Then how long does it uaually take for NVC to send documents to consular?

Thanks

-Wdyaoj

Re: Re: Moulin Rouge and Jiang

I didn't fill out the Ds2001 form either. You just need the DS230 Part I to be sent to NVC.

Originally posted by Moulin Rouge

Dont beleive the DS2001 is in use.. I didnt have it and havn't heard of anyone having it either.

Moulin Rouge and others, Thanks!

thanks for your reply!
MR, if my docs received by St. Louis on this wednesday, 07/24, when will NVC finish processing the docs? Am I being too optimistic to look at end of August?
thanks.

Re: Moulin Rouge and others, Thanks!

Originally posted by vincentforever
thanks for your reply!
MR, if my docs received by St. Louis on this wednesday, 07/24, when will NVC finish processing the docs? Am I being too optimistic to look at end of August?
thanks.

Whatdyathink ?? I've got a crystal ball or something ?? :D

My realistic guess (which somehow seem to work for u), STL RD 7/24, NVC RD 8/16, NVC reviews 9/8 or so... 10 % chance for Oct interview 80%November and 10% December provided you are not Cping in GZ china where they seem to take some xtra time for some Eagle Security Check (per your conversations with Jiang) !!

thanks, MR

you are one of those prophets. :D

unfortunately, I have to go through GZ. Could you believe that?US only has ONE immigration consulate for a country with 1.4 billion people.

I 'm already looking at interview for next Jan.

:mad:

Visa fees

I was just curious if everyone is paying the visa fee $335 on their own. All the application fees up to this point, were paid by the company. (Through the lawyer, I suppose.)

I was thinking of paying my own at the time of the interview. (My case didn't have to go though STL, I sent my P3 directly to the consulate.) But then my coworker, who is going through AOS instead of CP, said that the company is paying her $335 visa fee. (Again, through the lawyer, I think.)

Is it natural for someone who is CPing to pay on their own?

I'm just curious. So if you have any experience/info on this, that'll be very helpful. Meanwhile, I'm gonna ask my company to see if they are willing....

SM9999 You will get september

For Mumbai anyone should get September if case reached to consulate before July 20. from CPtracker the June 26th got August and I have seen consistent pattern that cases reached to consulate until 3rd week of month get scheduled in next month scheduling.

Send email to consulate about the same.

Moulin Rouge and others, Thanks!

form DS230 again,

for the location part of item 22, 23, and 25
did you guys put down street address or just City and state?
please let me know ASAP.

Thanks!

Re: Visa fees

Originally posted by Mitsy
I was just curious if everyone is paying the visa fee $335 on their own. All the application fees up to this point, were paid by the company. (Through the lawyer, I suppose.)

I was thinking of paying my own at the time of the interview. (My case didn't have to go though STL, I sent my P3 directly to the consulate.) But then my coworker, who is going through AOS instead of CP, said that the company is paying her $335 visa fee. (Again, through the lawyer, I think.)

I'm just curious. So if you have any experience/info on this, that'll be very helpful. Meanwhile, I'm gonna ask my company to see if they are willing....

Misty,
I have the same situation. My company did let me know that they will not be paying my VISA fees if I take the CP route. It is a company policy in my case. You might want to talk to the immigration coordinator from your company. I am trying to see if I can talk to my manager about getting re-imbursed for the VISA fees that I have to pay to my lawyers.
;)

Re: Moulin Rouge and others, Thanks!

I just put the city & state. You don't need to put the street address.

form DS230 again,

please let me know ASAP.

Thanks!

Re: Visa fees

Originally posted by Mitsy

Depends on company policy. For ex. in my company, they pay ALL fees for H1 and 50% fees for GC (its another matter that they havn't yet figured out how to collect the remaining 50% from the employees and they just waive it) but they DO NOT pay for visa's unless travel is required for business purpose.

So for my collegues going through AOS, the company ends up paying all the fees thru the lawyer.. If I did not have to go through STL, I beleive I would have to pay the CP fees myself. In that respect, I'm glad to go through STL since my company picked up that tab.

I will be footing the remainder $65 * 2 fee myself. Wouldn't be able to ask them to pay since they may rake up the 50% issue and make me pay up the difference which would be detrimental to my financial health :D

To answer your question, check up your company policy. If they have said that will be bearing all your GC expenses then go for it. In my case, my company has no problems paying up when the attorney bills them but would regard me requesting reimbursement with suspicion. Sad but true.

There have even been cases on this board whose companies have sponsored air tickets and hotel stay !!! It all depends on your company.

Moulin Rouge, Please!

form DS230 again,

please let me know ASAP.

Thanks!

Re: Moulin Rouge, Please!

form DS230 again,

please let me know ASAP.

Thanks!

cpmumbai2002 is right... city and state were sufficient for me. also for education, i listed only my BE and that was sufficient. There was some controversy on this board about listing elementary schools onwards.. Unless u went to Atta Elementary School and learnt.. A for Antrax, B for Bomb... :D I guess u r fine if u dont list..

Last edited by a moderator:
My case was received by NVC on 7/19.....

I got the standard response, Review will be done in 6-8 weeks from the date NVC received my case.

Pkt3 to St Louis: 6/24
Check cashed by St. Louis: 7/12
NVC recived pkt3: 7/19
NVC completed review: ???
NVC forwarded case to consultate: ???
Consulate received case: ???
Interview: ???

Hey jonnals and CP gurus,
I have also send check to them for I-864 and ds-230 as well. none of the checks are encashed so far. it has been 2 months for i-864 and arond 2 weeks for ds-230.

Can any boddy advice what to do ?

to shah

Hmmm isn't that strange. if i were you, i would have gone to my lawyer and ask him to call NVC & try to figure out what to do.
I know NVC doesn't have any control about things that are happening at St.Louis, but hey doing something is better than sitting idle. give it a shot and see how things go.

In this matter may be CPmumbai, RekhaK, RaviPk and fellow forum members can also shed some light.

good luck buddy.