140-->NVC-->St.Louis-->NVC-->Consulate Tracker Part 6

guys...u all shd feel lucky

Congrats for all who got reviewd by NVC.

herez my event-history. Seems like "luck" was never on my side.

i I-140 apprd - Feb 26 2002
  packet-3 sent by NVC to my attorney - Apr 29 2002
  attorney recd - May 8 2002
  attorney sent to wrong address - May 9 2002
I i got to know this - May 24th
  (and there comes long-weekend) - 3 days
  sent to attny & they sentto StLouis - Jun 3 2002

I its July-02/2002 , NVC reply - they haven\'t reced my packet.

Seems like delay is inevitable, but in my case its always double. Nothing can be done, CP@chennai is better than I-485 @ TSC

good luck you all.

local madras you will get there

appears like national visa center is doing random review of applications. We see two reviews posted on cptracker today of applications recieved in mid june . However all of us from early june are still waiting. You might get lucky now and have review done.

hary, manish, ml i called today, not done yet

I bet all our applications which was recieved june3-10 is with the same officer who is probably in aruba or somewhere on his vacation

they are now reviewing mid-june and our applications are probably gathering dust

mlI saw your question to me on part 5 of this tracker. I think we have a chance of getting september interview only if nvc sends the case to them by july 15th. however july 15th is a monday and we know they send cases on thursday/wednesday. which leads me to the unfortunate conclusion if we do not get review done by july 5th, we will most probably miss the september interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
hary, manish, ml i called today, not done yet

I bet all our applications which was recieved june3-10 is with the same officer who is probably in aruba or somewhere on his vacation

this sucks.

I have not called yet, not planning to do that till tomorrow. This sucks big time, I mean, cant the guy atleast give it off to someone if that\'s the case? Since this 6-8 weeks stonewalling is the standard practice, one cannot even tell them of any abnormalities. but then again, They do it on far more critical issues than immigration, so no big surprise.

pending review mostly chennai

on cptracker.com most of the pending review cases(Manish, ml, nath, gcard, jag, rv123, and me) before june 13th, are mostly from chennai, I wonder if this is a coincidence or if it just went to the same guy . this is nail biting since i desperately want september interview and it looks less likely with this cutoff of july 5th which I am expecting. However, the good part is that for chennai it looks like based on recent reviews they are sending the case to the consulate more frequently than once weekly. I dont know which is worse, waiting for this or looking at my stock portfolio, nasdaq nosdived again today. god help the indian engineers in technology with more lay offs if this market continues to crash.

My Case sent to Mumbai Consulate

reached to NVC 06/24
reviewed 06/25
sent to Mumbai consulate on 07/01/02

This doesn\'t confirm to the earlier theory someone suggested that case goes to Mumbai on Wednesday.

Any suggestion when should I send Email to consulate for further information? Good luck to every one waiting for review and for case to be sent to consulate. One thing is sure there are some individual employee who work faster then others.

Re: pending review mostly chennai

Rekhak,

I sent you an e-mail to your hotmail address. Can you please reply.

pending review mostly chennai

on cptracker.com most of the pending review cases(Manish, ml, nath, gcard, jag, rv123, and me) before june 13th, are mostly from chennai, I wonder if this is a coincidence or if it just went to the same guy in aruba. this is nail biting since i desperately want september interview and it looks less likely with this cutoff of july 5th which I am expecting. However, the good part is that for chennai it looks like based on recent reviews they are sending the case to the consulate more frequently than once weekly.

Re: pending review mostly chennai

Rekhak, I sent you an e-mail to your hotmail address. Can you please reply.

PCC Validity information, from Chennai US Consulate

PCC is valid for 1 year from date of Issue.

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600006
Ph-91-44-8112060/2000

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 10:57 PM
To: chennaiiv@state.gov
Subject: Information regarding Police Clearance Certificate

Greetings,

I would like to know the validity of Police Clearance Certificate(PCC). I have taken PCC in Febuary 2002, and I am hoping for a December interview. When I contacted the Indian Embassy in Chicago, the officials indicated that there is no expiry date for PCC.

I would really appreciate it if you could shed some light on this.

regards
-Ravi

PCC Validity information, from Chennai US Consulate

PCC is valid for 1 year from date of Issue. Customer Service Unit American Consulate General 220, Anna Salai Chennai 600006 Ph-91-44-8112060/2000 website:www.madras.sphynx.com -----Original Message----- From: ravipk Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 10:57 PM To: chennaiiv@state.gov Subject: Information regarding Police Clearance Certificate Greetings, I would like to know the validity of Police Clearance Certificate(PCC). I have taken PCC in Febuary 2002, and I am hoping for a December interview. When I contacted the Indian Embassy in Chicago, the officials indicated that there is no expiry date for PCC. I would really appreciate it if you could shed some light on this. regards -Ravi

NVC has sent my case to Chennai Consulate

NVC Recieved: June-12-2002
NVC sent case to Chennai on July-01-2002.

RaviPK, I guess you sent your Packet to St.Loius recently

What was the amount of fee you were asked to send, $520 or $670?? I recieved my packet yesterday and the amount asked for is $670. I am just wondering if they increased the fee or the issuance fee is also included in that...appreciate your input. Thanks

called today -6-8 weeks reply..

she told me that it takes 6-8 weeks, mine\'s under review, and another 2 weeks might be it.. and mentioned the backlogs and queueing up.. then when I mentioned the mid-junes getting processed, it became \'case by case\'.

my guess is that when an officer signs one out, it\'s status is shown as \'in review\'. so someone signed mine out and took off on vacation perhaps.

oh well nothing one can do but wait.

i have seen posted today on cptracker.com

reviewed in one day, received 6/19 and reviewed 6/20, god bless the lucky guy. But NVC now is totally randomly reviewing, I guess. This is frustrating waiting for this. all of us between 6/3-6/13 will probably have another two weeks wait and will miss september interview deadline for sure.

Initially i was hoping for august, and then with the confirmation letter and file stuck in st.louis I was sure of september, but now it looks like october if I do not get and RFE from NVC after all this wait.