140-->NVC-->St.Louis-->NVC-->Consulate Tracker Part 6

Mothkuri

I have no idea, about the fees, since my lawyers have sent the check, and I am suspecting that it is $670. (for me and my wife).

Mothkuri

I have no idea, about the fees, since my lawyers have sent the check, and I am suspecting that it is $670. (for me and my wife).

Got reviewed finally

My case reached NVC for review on 06/04/02 and when I called today they said the review is complete as of today and will send to embassy in 2 to 4 weeks.
I hope others who's cases reached NVC between 06/01/02 - 06/10/02 also will be reviewed very soon, the officer seems to have come back.

mothkuri

When I sent my packet3 it was $520 for me and my wife but it was suppose to increase and was going to include the visa issuance fees. Looks like it has happened.

NVC sent PK3 back to my lawyer

Hi

I am in a big mess. I just talked to NVC operator and she told me that my DS230 is incomplte (Item 20-residence history).
I desperately need sept. interview. It looks like I\'ll be lucky if I
get December.

Any suggestions!

Pkt 3 mailed to STL:5/9/02
Pkt reached NVC :6/19/02

desigult

If you know what item is incomplete, maybe you can fax in the changes...

I know that one other person on this forum did fax in changes to the DS230 and they were accepted. I would suggest talking to an operator first and getting his/her name and then faxing it to their attention.

No Title

You could try that but seriously, I doubt that would help. The person you are talking about is targetgc and he faxed in BEFORE his P3 was reviewed.

In your case, the NVC has issued you with a RFE. You have to remember that the operators are just that - operators. They do not review cases and as of late, they have even stopped accepting reconfirmation letter fax.

Sorry.. but I\'m just trying to call a spade a spade.

called up nvc today

and got the message 'no operators available at this time' ....i had called at 2.45 pm. Did anybody talk to the operator today? Or is it so that most of the employees are on vacation?

desigult, i am sorry to hear that

I o not think you will be able to fax the changes. Call up your lawyer and have him send you a copy of the packet three sent and make sure you know the defects right away. Keep your changed form ready and send itback immediately to NVC, you may still get november or october if lucky

navraj, what do you mean takes one month for visa number?

i saw on your cptracker.com that u said it takes one month for visa number, does it apply for us too?

and then there were three left.....

I am referring to three of us from the week of June 3rd who are still awaiting review at NVC hary(nath), manish and me. Lets see who gets it next.

finally........ review done

called today, review done today... will send in 2-4 weeks, hoping for september.....manish, hary you may have been approved too, call them

as most of you guys know from my frequent ramblings here, i am rekhak on cptracker.com , received nvc 6/7/2

Last edited by a moderator:
My case was sent to Chennai consulate
on June 27th. I sent an email on wednesday
July 3rd to chennai regarding the interview
date. I got an email from Chennai saying
that they received my case. But they did not
say when I can expect the interview.

gc1

when was your case reviewed by NVC? Did they say anything about sending it electronically? Did chennai say when they received your case or when it was entered into their system?

Sanjna,

My case was reviewed on June 21st. Sent
to the consulate on 27th. NVC did not
say how they are sending.

Chennai gives one line reply saying that
'Yes, we have received your case here'.

Does it mean it is entered by the consulate?
When should I send another email asking
for interview date?. In the next email
I am planning to send my local Hyd address
for P4.

gc1 if they have acknowledged

that is good, usually means the case has been entered in their system, u should get interview in third or fourth week of septmeber

Anyone still waiting for NVC to receive Pkt3..?

Mailed Pkt3 to STL on June-03 & MO cashed on June-25th. Called NVC this afternoon and was told that they have not received from STL... From CPtracker.com it seems like normally it takes 2 to 3 days for NVC to receive the Pkt3 after cashing..

Anyone in this situation ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any ideas, anyone?

File sent back from NVC to INS during Review
Hi All:

I am a newcomer to this discussion forum, and only recently stumbled onto this. Anyways, I'll begin by giving some case background(This post is gonna be a little long, so please bear w/ me):-
1. I-140 approved for I-485 in April 2000. Blissfully unaware of CP until May 2001.
2. Filed for I-824 in June 2001 and got receipt straightaway. Filed AC-I140 unsuccessfully in Madras(home consular post), CDJ(TCN) and Mumbai. All this was being attempted while I-824 was pending for over 8 months.
3. Final straw(at that time) was when my AC-I140 packet to Mumbai got stuck at the anthrax decontamination facility in Washington DC for over 3 months in 2002 (I came to know that when I eventually got my packet back in April 2002).
4. After waiting for 8 months for the I-824/CP route to work, I gave up and filed for I-485 at NSC in Feb. 2002. Got my EAD/AP/fingerprinting completed in exactly 30 days.
5. Out of the blue in April 2002, I get my I-824 approval notice, and sure enough, get choice-of-agent/packet 3 in early may 2002.

Here's where my current situation unfolded:-
6. First sent choice-of-agent back to NVC(myself).
7. Received packet-3 in early may 2002. Filled it, and sent it back to St. Louis on the enclosed envelope around 15th May 2002.
8. Called NVC around 10th June 2002. Confirmed that they received my packet-3/payment from STL on June 4, 2002.
9. Called them again on June 20th. Heard operator say "Still in review.....call back after 6/8 weeks".

10. Called again this morning, automated message said "We have received notice of your intent to adjust status and will hold your file until INS requests your file to be sent to them".

Finally, I spoke to an NVC operator, who said that their records on my case showed that INS requested my file back and that they have sent it to the INS NSC-District Office in Omaha, NE(My I485 was filed at the Service Center, not District Office) on June 20, 2002.

Can anyone tell me what could be happening? Sorry, if this scares anyone w/ my kind of profile, but I thought that this piece of info. can only be helpful.....

Thanks!
-Kevin

can you go before your scheduled date?

if you finish your medicals and other requirements, instead of waiting in the consulate town, can u go a couple of days earlier for the interview, or do u have to wait till the interview date?