140-->NVC-->St.Louis-->NVC-->Consulate Tracker Part 6

NVC Received my Case from ST.Louis

hi all,

talked to operator today morning and found out that they received my Packet 3 on 6/21/02. He repeated the standard message of 6-8 weeks to review the P3.

case details:
P3 sent by NVC on 5/28/02
lawyer received P3 on 6/3/02
mailed P3 to St.L on 6/4/02
check cashed on 6/21/02
NVC received P3 from St.L on 6/21/02

my gut feeling is that the check must have been cashed before 6/21/02. any way it worked out good.

Noodles..

A DS3020 is not the reconfirmation letter. That is the "Choice of Agent" Form where you elect whether the P3 goes to your lawyer or to you.

Typically this is done for family based cases where you may sponsor your brother. Then you will get the DS3020 and you elect to either receive the P3 or can specify an attorney who you have retained to handle the case.

In EB based cases, *typically* the lawyer submits a GS-28 with your I140 saying that your petitioner (company) has authorized the lawyer to act on its (and yours) behalf. When the NVC receives the 140 from the INS, they know who your lawyer is and (thankfully) skips the DS3020.

There have been cases on this board who have got this letter too.. peoples whose attorneys did not file GS28 with their 140 or maybe people who self-applied for 140\'s.

Why dont u just call the NVC and make sure that your P3 will be generated ? Its past your 30 days now.

HTH

NVC received case

p3 sent to ST Louis 7/06/02
check cashed 19/06/02
NVC recieved case 21/06/02
can any one please tell whether i can get
september interview????

gckod ,if review is done by july 5th you may get september interview

they have not processed many cases from early june yet, except for one

Last edited by a moderator:
anybody called nvc today? watchtsc, manish, gcogc. as457, nath, hary?

I called tuesday with standard reply, planning to call next monday. This waiting game is killing. I dont know why they suddenly stopped reviewing packet three. Looks like bh had review done on 6/19 for 5/24 received which he found out today after calling nvc.But the approvals last week 6/17-6/21 and this week 6/24-6/27 have been none except for these two isolated cases of BH and srivastava(lucky). Hopes for september interview are slowly fading now.

rekhak

Why do you beleive a July 5 review will be the last date for a Sept. boat ? July 12 should get u a sept. interview in chennai and nwd while july 19 should get u a sept. interview in mumbai.

Ofcourse, July 5 is the *absolutly* safe barrier...

you are right, moulin

if you look at interview dates in chennai , if the case is sent from NVC by the 15th you do have a chance, but they are sent only once a week. Anything after july 5th will probably be sent only on July 17th which is why I was thinking after july 5th may not make september.

No Title

dont sweat it so much (of course its easier for me to say since my review was completed.. i was sweating too when the NVC had my file ;-)

I beleive guys whose cases were sent on 6/20 (targetgc for ex) to Chennai are being told that they will probably get August. We\'ll know soon enough. Even I\'m biting my nails off right now !!!

Could the delay be due to priority dates?

I heard some time back that priority dates will be backlogged again in Aug/Sept. Also, that NVC sends cases over to consulate only if it thinks that the case will get visa number (will have current priority date) over next 2 months. Can there be relation between this and current delays in NVC review?

No Title

D-oh.. don\'t even say it.. No.. I dont beleive so.. PD\'s are expected to say current (according to the DOS) for quite some time into the future.. Check this out.

Atlast my lawyers have sent Pkt3 to St. Louis on 6/26

Jonnals,
Since NVC received your pkt3, are you expecting Sept Interview???

I am expecting Oct interview....

Received Pkt 3 from NVC: 6/17
Pkt 3 sent to St. Louis: 6/26

NVC review completed

I called NVC today (june 28th). Here are the details.

NVC received from St. Louis: 06/12/02
NVC review completed: 06/21/02.
     I first called on 13th. I was told they just received it.
     Again I called today. Until today I did not know that
      Review was completed on 21st.

NVC sent the info to consulate: 06/27/02

When should I call the consulate for possible interview date?
I know getting in August is highly unlikely. Actually my 6 years
On H1B expires on August 20th. Just hoping for the best.
I think september is likely. Any opinions?

Atlast my lawyers have sent Pkt3 to St. Louis on 6/26

Jonnals, Since NVC received your pkt3, are you expecting Sept Interview??? I am expecting Oct interview.... Received Pkt 3 from NVC: 6/17 Pkt 3 sent to St. Louis: 6/26

is nvc doing random processing? watchtsc, hary, manish, gcogc any updates?

Looks like they are doing random processing, people from early june still waiting whereas others from mid june are being approved. This killing is waiting, still hoping for september interview

hi, Moulin , could u tell me how long i need wait for?

hi, Moulin
   i have a number of archive from NVC,my attorney told me that my case have delivered to Consulate in Guangzhou, but i have never received interview for Consulate , and i asked Guangzhou consulate, He told me that he never received my case, AD of my i-140 is 25/FEB/2002 , could u tell me how long i need wait for? hope u can give me a response, thanx for ur help

No Title

Arnie

First call the NVC and make sure they sent out your case. If GZ has still not received your case, maybe you can make arrangements for AC140.

Join http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chinacp/ and I\'m sure people there will be able to help you better. GZ does some security screening and stuff before scheduling so people headed for indian consulates are not too aware of GZ\'s requirements.