140-->NVC-->St.Louis-->NVC-->Consulate Tracker Part 6

called them, not yet reviewed..

NVC got it on 6/3, and it has been more than three weeks now. and they used to do it in 10 days flat for a while. Woneder what the casue for this sudden delay is.. 6/8 weeks, the standard reply is all they get.

also noted that only cased that got reviewed in the last couple of weeks are all Montreal, hmmmmmmmmm.

hopes of a Sept interview slipping by I guess.

Beta posts

Hi.

I just wanted to confirm if we can still send P3 directly to consulate if one\'s home country is listed in beta posts.... Or, all transition has been completed and now all P3 must go to NVC/STL route first? If so, where on their website can I find the announcement?

Thanks...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

State Department plans to centralize visa application forms and documentation processing and interview scheduling duties into NVC. As there are lot of US consular posts worldwide, ? department the DOS has been designating posts step by step, creating three different groups of visa posts in the interim. The applicant or agent will be instructed as to where to return the Packet depending on whether the issuing post is an alpha or alpha or beta post.

Dryrain

Which is your consulate ? I guess these are the posts that go via the NVC.. Any other, and you send P3 yourself..

Abidjan, Cote D\'Ivoire................. Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Accra, Ghana........................... Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Algiers, Algeria....................... Amman, Jordan.
Ankara, Turkey......................... Antananarivo, Madagascar.
Asmara, Eritrea........................ Auckland, New Zealand.
Bogota, Colombia....................... Cairo, Egypt.
Caracas, Venezuela..................... Casablanca, Morocco.
Chennai, India......................... Ciudad Juarez, Mexico.
Colombo, Sri Lanka..................... Cotonou, Benin.
Dakar, Senegal......................... Damascus, Syria.
Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania................ Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Djibouti, Djibouti..................... Doha, Qatar.
Freetown, Sierra Leone................. Georgetown, Guyana.
Guangzhou, China....................... Harare, Zimbabwe.
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.............. Hong Kong.
Islamabad, Pakistan.................... Jakarta, Indonesia.
Jerusalem.............................. Johannesburg, South Africa.
Kathmandu, Nepal....................... Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia................. Kuwait, Kuwait.
Lagos, Nigeria......................... Libreville, Gabon.
Lilongwe, Malawi....................... Lome, Togo.
Lusaka, Zambia......................... Manama, Bahrain.
Manila, Philippines.................... Monrovia, Liberia.
Montevideo, Uruguay.................... Montreal, Canada.
Mumbai, India.......................... Muscat, Oman.
Naha, Japan............................ Nairobi, Kenya.
New Delhi, India....................... Niamey, Niger.
Nicosia, Cyprus........................ Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
Perth, Australia....................... Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea......... Praia, Cape Verde Islands.
Rangoon, Burma......................... Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Sanaa, Yemen........................... Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
Seoul, Korea........................... Singapore, Singapore.
Suva, Fiji............................. Sydney, Australia.
Taipei, Taiwan......................... Tel Aviv, Israel.
Tirana, Albania........................ Tokyo, Japan.
Tunis, Tunisia......................... Valletta, Malta.
Vientiane, Laos........................ Yaounde, Cameroon.

watchTSC and others waiting for Packet 3 to be reviewed

My Packet3 was mailed by my lawyer on 05/22, finally it reached to NVC 06/24/02. When I called today they said they have reviewed the packet on 06/25/02 and everything is all right, they will send Packet to consulate in 2- 4 weeks.

No Title

WOW !! They do that sometimes.. If your P3 takes a long time to reach the NVC, they compensate for it by a quick review. CPTracker has shown this trend.

WatchTSC.. call the NVC.. If the operator says \'you called yesterday\' just be nice and say \'no i did not.. maybe it was someone from my law firm.. i apologize but could you...\' ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Moulin Rouge. My consulate is Tokyo, Japan.

Tokyo Japan is included in the list.... where did you get the list? Do you know any INS/NVC etc website that has the most recent change and explanation of the new policy?

Thanks a bunch.

Dryrain

Yeah.. Tokyo Japan is in the list.. We have another person here, Mitsy, who is also headed for Tokyo.. But Mitsy got the P3 before the new rules took effect (May 1 2002) and got to personally send the P3 to Tokyo.

Mitsy should be around here somewhere and uses a \'piyo\' handle on cptracker.com (Hey mitsy, you\'ve got a fellow tokyo cper here.. Hook up with Dryrain..)

I got the list from <a href="http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=2002_register&amp;docid=02-8337-filed> here </a>

HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
I talked with Mitsy....

and learned about this new route (she kindly let me know it two weeks ago), but my attorney said still not sure about it.... She said she want to wait for P3 to be sure. That is why I wondered where the information (your list) came from. Thanks a lot of your help.

congrats vijay , you should be able to get september interview

I hope we see some more approvals this week, anybody who gets approved this week and the next upto july 5th have a good chance of making september interview date.

Mailed P3 to St.Louis on 06-03, MO cashed on 06-25.....

One day later than expected. Expecting P3 to reach NVC on Friday(06-28)

after getting interview date

hi all,
say one can get some indication of the interview date a couple of weeks after P3 is reviewed. Once i know that, can my wife leave early, spend more time in India? I plan to go a couple of weeks before the interview, take the interview, and hopefully after everything goes allright, we can come back together.

Is there any problems with this plan? Would different departure dates matter? since she spends say a month or so more in India than me, might she need a local PCC? We already have PCC from indian consulate.

my P3 is not yet reviewed, but hopefully it will be done soon, and hoping for a Sept of Oct (sigh) interview.

thanks,

No Title

Nno problems.. my wife\'s already gone !!!!!! (hope i did not put too many !!!\'s)

I asked this to the Mumbai consulate and they came back with the standard reply.. Only PCC from CGNY is enuf. So I\'m going with that.

Info

My lawyer says that the same thing as you do.i.e NVC sends out the Packet 3 after 30 days of no respnse. But this is a deviation from standard procedure.(i.e http://www.foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0942063PN.pdf )

The above document clearly states that i.e if DS3020 is not returned packet 3 won\'t be sent. I am completely confused and arguing with the lawyer is\'nt helping either

My 6 year limit expires in Oct.

Any thoughts

Regards
Noodles

just a theory..

do you think there might be a correlation between the US travel warnings and the increased review periods ? The first warning was on June 5, and it has been eased on 26th. Although, the easing still says Embassy personell who took the vacation on crtsy uncle sam san still remain outisde. Still, will the easing mean more approvals?

There have been some approvals after that, but all of a sudden, from steady 10 day approvals we are looking at 3+ weeks..

oh well I guess I am just theorizing. Does anyone know what they do in this review? Clerical review? requesting visa numbers? any security check ( apparently for 485 applicants there\'s a new one now)

anyway..